Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The thing is though, MS have to push Kinect and TV as they pitched the Xbox One not as a games console but as an all in One entertainment box for the American living room. That was their mistake imo for a gaming console, competing with Sony and Nintendo that had marketed, pitched and built gaming machines. IMO gamers want a gaming console and everything else after that is a bonus and not a necessity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

The thing is though, MS have to push Kinect and TV as they pitched the Xbox One not as a games console but as an all in One entertainment box for the American living room. That was their mistake imo for a gaming console, competing with Sony and Nintendo that had marketed, pitched and built gaming machines. IMO gamers want a gaming console and everything else after that is a bonus and not a necessity.

Personally, I say let them have that all they want, they just need to know when is the right time to talk about it. E3 is a gaming conference, the people watching get bored and annoyed when you spend a long time not talking about games. It gives a real air of being talked down to as a consumer rather than as someone with a hobby. I don't see why they don't just keep that stuff and tout it at something like CES where people are much more interested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

C14N wrote: »
    Personally, I say let them have that all they want, they just need to know when is the right time to talk about it. E3 is a gaming conference, the people watching get bored and annoyed when you spend a long time not talking about games. It gives a real air of being talked down to as a consumer rather than as someone with a hobby. I don't see why they don't just keep that stuff and tout it at something like CES where people are much more interested.

E3 is actually a trade show that has been taken over by gamers. It's purpose is to get retailers to buy your stock so you kind of have to please both sides now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Falthyron wrote: »
    On the console front, will there be a price drop for Xbox One, or a Kinect-less Xbox One bundle that is cheaper? Microsoft need to do something as its been 6 months with very few games actually released on it, especially as most of them were already on current consoles or PC.

Same for Sony. They win the price war, but there isn't a killer game on the console, exclusive to it that will make people go out and buy it.

Wii U? Price-drop or a change in direction is needed to make people want it. They are having their own conference on June 10th, similar to what they did last year.

Sega? Lol. They are too busy rubbing their testicles all over the money made from Rome 2 and CoH2's DLC

Kinda hoping Obsidian announce a South Park expansion pack, they have been really quiet about South Park since release, but I believe it did well both financially and critically.

Called it! :pac:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/399-xbox-one-without-kinect-launching-in-june/1100-6419601/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wish to hear Nintendo are in talks to do a sequel to The Wizard in order to promote the Wii U.

I'll be one of the first in line. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I wish to hear Nintendo are in talks to do a sequel to The Wizard in order to promote the Wii U.

I never even thought of this but that sounds amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Found this rather interesting too...

Hideki Kamiya Twitter

Perhaps in relation to the Platinum project for MS?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

New Fallout.

A new game from Bethesda set in an open-world post apocalyptic America.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Due to a translation error, they're remaking another movie:
    Thewiz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Looking forward to seeing FIFA 15, decided to skip 14 after playing the demo because I didn't like the dribbling and ball control.

It's personal preference, but FIFA 13 was one of the most enjoyable sports games I'd ever played, and I'd hope to find that experience again. Of course I won't know until I actually play a few games, but still interested to see it at e3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Wanna see more of the Division as well as whatever new stuff Ubisoft have up their sleeves thats not AC, was very impressed with them last year and all the new properties.

Also EA better damn well show some Mirrors Edge gameplay.

Apart from that I dunno I think this year is a make or break for MS conference wise and will be interested to see if Sony can pull of a second year in a row slam dunk with theirs.

The Kinect stuff today is really gonna make things interesting as I just can't figure out where MS are gonna go, they have literally been on the back foot for a whole year with out any coherent strategy for the Xbone.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    E3 is actually a trade show that has been taken over by gamers. It's purpose is to get retailers to buy your stock so you kind of have to please both sides now.

It's specifically a video game trade show though, not a general electronics show and had been seen its inception. The fact that it's now live broadcasted though and viewed by hundreds of thousands of people does clearly show that they're trying to pitch this to consumers as well. Besides, doesn't having positive consumer buzz around a product encourage retailers? I know the kind of people watching are a niche crowd but they're usually the early adopters who can influence it early in the race. It honestly seemed to make a huge difference last year with the XBO vs the PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

New red dead game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Final Fantasy XV and a definite release date. I want the day I buy the PS4 to be special. Would also buy a PS4 for a fully realized vision of Southern California in GTA V (more forests on the hills like the trailers showed and the like)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Some decent next gen titles that justify the spend, i know first year of launch its allot to ask but would like to see it.

Also more humble pie from MS for thinking they were untouchable, anything that makes the xbone experience better.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Player 2

- GTA V (for PC)
    - "Deus Ex Universe"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Dragons Dogma 2 is one I'd like to see

• Registered Users Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GTAV for PS4
    New Red Dead (both of those are probably unlikely as I don't think Rockstar tend to be at E3)

New Devil May Cry
    MGS The Phantom Pain trailers

Other than that, I'm just hoping for surprises and new franchises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

More division gameplay/news
    mgs news
    star wars bf3 gameplay :) looking forward to that
    destiny gameplay
    and middle earth shadow of mordor gameplay/news

Do you think Ubisoft will make it 3 years in a row of a previously unannounced game to close their conference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

To be honest, I am just going to be happy to see all those cringe worthy moments. Big sports start standing there and not knowing wtf to do, but they did liked that check, kids playing games and having worse acting ever ( kinect animals anyone? ), Sony fella who always does the same gesture with his hands.

Well Jack Tretton is gone this year so won't have him.

Good chance I'll just have the conferences on in the background. Kinda happy most of the tv series I watch will be finished up for the sumer by then. :)

Do you think Ubisoft will make it 3 years in a row of a previously unannounced game to close their conference?

I really hope so, they have stolen the show with new IPs in the last few years

To be honest, I am just going to be happy to see all those cringe worthy moments. Big sports start standing there and not knowing wtf to do, but they did liked that check, kids playing games and having worse acting ever ( kinect animals anyone? ), Sony fella who always does the same gesture with his hands.

Flo-rida coming out on stage to sing his silly song had to be the highlight of cringeyness for me. It was the epitome of an event organised by marketers who clearly had no idea who their audience were or what they liked.

It would be nice, especially for a company who have started getting themselves dug in deep with endless franchises like Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I would love to see a huge game announced and released before the end of the year.

It's getting bit annoying seeing the likes of Watchdogs, Bioshock Infinite, The Division, The Order and plenty more games being announced and showing up again at the following E3.

I would have assumed if it's anyone, it'd be Nintendo but with Smash Bros coming out on Wii I'm not sure they need to release another big game alongside it.

tok9 wrote: »
    I would love to see a huge game announced and released before the end of the year.

It's getting bit annoying seeing the likes of Watchdogs, Bioshock Infinite, The Division, The Order and plenty more games being announced and showing up again at the following E3.

I would have assumed if it's anyone, it'd be Nintendo but with Smash Bros coming out on Wii I'm not sure they need to release another big game alongside it.

TBH thats wishful thinking games are announced at least a year before release now if not two.

Id be VERY surprised to see an unannounced game at E3 that is released by Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

VinLieger wrote: »
    TBH thats wishful thinking games are announced at least a year before release now if not two.

Id be VERY surprised to see an unannounced game at E3 that is released by Christmas

Super Mario World 3D was technically announced during E3 and released before the end of the year.

I'd take a big game being announced and released before the next e3 to be honest. :P

A surprise Smash Bros match between Satoru Iwata, Shuhei Yoshida and Phi Spencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh man, the year MS announced the Kinect and had a woman video chat with her twin sister...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Penn wrote: »
    GTAV for PS4
    New Red Dead (both of those are probably unlikely as I don't think Rockstar tend to be at E3)

Rock star did set the rumour mill going this week though by saying they will be announcing a March 2015 release in the next month or so, I can understand people wanting GTAV on pc but really most console players would have already played it, and it's not good enough for me to want to play it again so soon with prettier visuals, and certainly not the multiplayer.

Love to see a new Red Dead title or even a long over due Bully sequel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement