Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

No love for the Vita.

I was thinking of picking it up. I expected more (anything)

I thought Sony were trying to revitalise the Vita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

miju wrote: »
    give me a clear example of how it can be indicative of gameplay drawing on your journalistic experience of course

When it shows exactly what happens in gameplay but with cgi in place if the real time engine. The graphic quality isn't anywhere close to indicative of the fisl product, but you specified gameplay, not visual quality, not I suspect you're confusing the two

Basic example: I render 2 paddles and a ball in a back and forth within box with each end open. I'm showing you a faithful example of pongs gameplay, but using a render to do it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Benzino wrote: »
    The famous Killzone 2 trailer pretty much showed you what the game would be like to play, without it been actual gameplay footage :P

But that actually had gameplay footage in it without the UI overlay ;)

I don't think you know what cgi actually means and you're taking it to mean a cut scene...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

No it didn't.

• Advertisement

Looking at IGN post show and a couple.of the others ams the feeling is same.as mine that MS were better of two.

Personally, I think its great MS were better. Last year MS sucked they drove on features for XB1 users,hopefully that continues as it only benefits owners of all platforms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Who cares about all this CGI mumbo jumbo. GTA Online is coming to next gen :D

Get the fire truck lads, someone is in passive mode!!!

1238309_160060897535893_1020750840_n_zpscd10fef6.jpg

Mircosoft > Sony

COYVB wrote: »
    I don't think you know what cgi actually means and you're taking it to mean a cut scene...

LMFAO

No it didn't.

what specific trailer are we talking about here because if we are talking E3 2009 then yes it did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Looking at IGN post show and a couple.of the others ams the feeling is same.as mine that MS were better of two.

Personally, I think its great MS were better. Last year MS sucked they drove on features for XB1 users,hopefully that continues as it only benefits owners of all platforms

In your opinion what was better? I don't really care what IGN think.

For me it was the games

UC4
    Bloodborne aka Project Beast
    Abzu
    No Man's Sky(might be cross platform)

Their indie games, free 2 play and of course Grim Fandango

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Who cares about all this CGI mumbo jumbo. GTA Online is coming to next gen :D

Get the fire truck lads, someone is in passive mode!!!

1238309_160060897535893_1020750840_n_zpscd10fef6.jpg

Mircosoft > Sony

Will the 10s of people who moved from Sony to MS be able to move their profile over too?

LMFAO

Well you didn't seem to know how a CGI video could be indicative of gameplay, which points at a bit of ignorance there. It's very easy, render a video where your super dooper high resolution cgi models are doing EXACTLY what your gameplay does - but you don't seem to grasp that very simple concept which makes me think you're unsure as to what exactly CGI means. That above response doesn't really help your case either

what specific trailer are we talking about here because if we are talking E3 2009 then yes it did

No, the 2005 trailer.

Watch out Sony. I was expecting a purchase of a PS4 to be a much easier decision after this years E3 but now I am not so sure.

The entire Sony conference went down different than what I had expected. I think a lot of people are surprised. The media part has attracted a lot of negative attention.

Where the hell is project Morpheus. I was expecting some gameplay regardless if I couldn't experience it. I wanted to know what type of games, footage and comments from people who had played it etc etc. Price and a date....

Where's the Vita games??

I think Sony has possibly run out of steam. Their boasting isn't has much as last year for a good reason. They secured a lot of Betas while Microsoft secured a lot of content earlier for games.

GTA 5 was a cheap trick. They really tried to make it seem like it was their baby.

RasTa wrote: »
    In your opinion what was better?

IMO I actually enjoyed the Ubisoft the most. MS had more gameplay and had 20 games compared to PS4s 19 games.

MS exclusives aren't games that would tickle my fancy. PS was light on actual gameplay and seemed to focus alot on previously already implemented or announced features / ideas by MS such as YT and Twitch stuff.

GTA 5 was a cheap trick. They really tried to make it seem like it was their baby.

Please explain how it was a cheap trick. :rolleyes:

In your opinion what was better? I don't really care what IGN think.

For me it was the games

UC4
    Bloodborne aka Project Beast
    Abzu
    No Man's Sky(might be cross platform)

Their indie games, free 2 play and of course Grim Fandango

UC4 - No gameplay shown
    Bloodborne aka Project Beast No gameplay shown
    Abzu - Looks nice and interesting
    No Man's Sky(might be cross platform) - looks really interesting but not an exclusive.

COYVB wrote: »
    Well you didn't seem to know how a CGI video could be indicative of gameplay, which points at a bit of ignorance there. It's very easy, render a video where your super dooper high resolution cgi models are doing EXACTLY what your gameplay does - but you don't seem to grasp that very simple concept which makes me think you're unsure as to what exactly CGI means. That above response doesn't really help your case either

This is like me saying your not a journalist because you refuse to post links to your content ;)
    I LMFAO because as someone who has been gaming for over 20 years I know this very basic difference and doesn't even warrant an actual response :

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

The man from Sony worded it in such a way to make people think it was only coming to PS4 and he also stuck in at the end that Xbox 360 owners can bring their profile over to PS4. Nice that you can do that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

IMO I actually enjoyed the Ubisoft the most. MS had more gameplay and had 20 games compared to PS4s 19 games.

MS exclusives aren't games that would tickle my fancy. PS was light on actual gameplay and seemed to focus alot on previously already implemented or announced features / ideas by MS such as YT and Twitch stuff.

So no MS games tickled your fancy but it was better because they showed gameplay? Bit strange you preferred them if you didn't like their games.

Guessing Ubisoft stuff is cross platform so even stranger.

What I didn't like on the MS side was the style and type of their exclusives

• Advertisement

The lack of vita content was criminal, honestly seem like they're resigned to having it as a portable screen for the ps4. If that was the plan you'd think they'd have implemented 2 sets of triggers instead of that useless (for that functionality) touch screen.

Nintendo have a big opportunity tomorrow, but I don't think their power play is going to go down all that well among core gamers.

That and they'll spend an unnecessary amount of time on smash Bros

I'm struggling to remember a poorer e3 tbh. Glad I was otherwise engaged this week

And I quote "xbox 360 users can transfer their GTA profiles to PS4" clearly aimed at trying to blur lines that was going to be PS exclusive (and it did make me go WOW big coup for a minute)

its something that many of the other streams picked up on also

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Watch out Sony. I was expecting a purchase of a PS4 to be a much easier decision after this years E3 but now I am not so sure.

The entire Sony conference went down different than what I had expected. I think a lot of people are surprised. The media part has attracted a lot of negative attention.

Where the hell is project Morpheus. I was expecting some gameplay regardless if I couldn't experience it. I wanted to know what type of games, footage and comments from people who had played it etc etc. Price and a date....

Where's the Vita games??

I think Sony has possibly run out of steam. Their boasting isn't has much as last year for a good reason. They secured a lot of Betas while Microsoft secured a lot of content earlier for games.

If you were to add some hyperboles to your posts, you would be the Andersonisgod of the Gaming forum.

This is like me saying your not a journalist because you refuse to post links to your content ;)

it's nothing like that in the slightest though :confused:
    I LMFAO because as someone who has been gaming for over 20 years I know this very basic difference and doesn't even warrant an actual response :

Yet you still needed to ask how a CGI video could be representative of gameplay?

What I didn't like on the MS side was the style and type of their exclusives

This.

The MS gameplays looked good but Sunset Overdrive to me is a cartoony Dead Rising 3 so didn't appeal to me. DR3 does though.

Oat23 wrote: »
    If you were to add some hyperboles to your posts, you would be the Andersonisgod of the Gaming forum.

:confused:

oh I get it, a post to show how intellectually superior you are. Win 4 u :D

The man from Sony worded it in such a way to make people think it was only coming to PS4 and he also stuck in at the end that Xbox 360 owners can bring their profile over to PS4. Nice that you can do that though.

No he didn't, he said GTA V was coming to PS4 this fall. That is not misleading. He was hardly going to say it was coming to Xbox One as well, that is up to Rockstar to promote. At no point did he say it was exclusive to PS4.
    And I quote "xbox 360 users can transfer their GTA profiles to PS4" clearly aimed at trying to blur lines that was going to be PS exclusive (and it did make me go WOW big coup for a minute)

It's not blurring the lines, it's mentioning a very important feature. I wouldn't get GTA 5 on next-gen platform if I couldn't transfer my online character.
    its something that many of the other streams picked up on also

In that case, it must be true! :rolleyes:

No Man's Sky probably wins it for me in terms of best game so far, cannot wait for it! I'd agree with others regarding Destiny, looks poor, but will check out the alpha this week and give it a chance.

No he didn't, he said GTA V was coming to PS4 this fall. That is not misleading. He was hardly going to say it was coming to Xbox One as well, that is up to Rockstar to promote. At no point did he say it was exclusive to PS4.

It's not blurring the lines, it's mentioning a very important feature. I wouldn't get GTA 5 on next-gen platform if I couldn't transfer my online character.

In that case, it must be true! :rolleyes:

Even IGN picked up on it and commented that they thought It was odd that Sony were making it sound almost like a PS4 exclusive and noted they were seeing huge volumes of Twitter activity from gamers saying GTA 5 is a PS4 exclusive and they refuted the comments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Will next gen GTAV have more forests/wooded areas in the countryside and on the mountain slopes, stuff like and the denser traffic would make me make me buy instantly.

The countryside on PS3/360 seemed bare compared to the original trailers

Or will that be giving last gen owners short shift for haven't already bought it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement