Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Benzino wrote: »
    No Man's Sky probably wins it for me in terms of best game so far, cannot wait for it! I'd agree with others regarding Destiny, looks poor, but will check out the alpha this week and give it a chance.

I thought No Man's Sky looked very meh although they showed very little of it. The Witcher 3 looked fantastic with a decent amount of gameplay footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Even IGN picked up on it and commented that they thought It was odd that Sony were making it sound almost like a PS4 exclusive and noted they were seeing huge volumes of Twitter activity from gamers saying GTA 5 is a PS4 exclusive and they refuted the comments.

Again, what phrase, sentence or even word led you to believe it was PS4 only? The fact that MS and Sony have been throwing the word exclusive around every chance they get should have indicated it was not exclusive.

I thought No Man's Sky looked very meh although they showed very little of it. The Witcher 3 looked fantastic with a decent amount of gameplay footage.

The Witcher 3 does look great. Gotta love CD Projekt RED, pretty sure they said recently they would never do exclusive deals, you gotta admire that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Again, what phrase, sentence or even word led you to believe it was PS4 only? The fact that MS and Sony have been throwing the word exclusive around every chance they get should have indicated it was not exclusive.

The entire segment dedicated to it.

As noted by the Gaming press and massive amounts of Twitter activity....
    You should ask them why they formed their opinions about this announcement.

It was the first game of the day that caused a bit of confusion because of the way it was worded and presented.

Sony were giving the appearance that the game was only coming to PS4 saying things like you can go from Xbox 360 to PS4. Like that was going to be the only option for Xbox gamers... Some neck on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Adamantium wrote: »
    Will next gen GTAV have more forests/wooded areas in the countryside and on the mountain slopes, stuff like and the denser traffic would make me make me buy instantly.

The countryside on PS3/360 seemed bare compared to the original trailers

Or will that be giving last gen owners short shift for haven't already bought it?

Personally, I couldnt care less, once I can resume trolling in that game with gusto. When I switched from X360 to X1 I was currently serving a 3 month "sentence" in the bad sports server :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

I wonder how the announcement would have been interrupted if Microsoft had of announced GTA 5 coming to Xbox One and said you can transfer your profile from PS3 to Xbox One. :rolleyes:

The entire segment dedicated to it.

As noted by the Gaming press and massive amounts of Twitter activity....
    You should ask them why they formed their opinions about this announcement.

It was the first game of the day that caused a bit of confusion because of the way it was worded and presented.

Sony were giving the appearance that the game was only coming to PS4 saying things like you can go from Xbox 360 to PS4. Like that was going to be the only option for Xbox gamers... Some neck on them.

So the point of confusion was mentioning you could transfer from 360 to PS4? So they should have just said you could transfer from PS3, and that would have solved the problem?

Yeah, the cheek of them to announce a new title, from now on MS and Sony should only reveal exclusive titles, can't be confusing the masses by announcing multi-platform games :rolleyes:
    I wonder how the announcement would have been interrupted if Microsoft had of announced GTA 5 coming to Xbox One and said you can transfer your profile from PS3 to Xbox One. :rolleyes:

Exactly the same, that it was coming to Xbox One and you could use your existing characters (a major feature). If they didn't mention it was exclusive to their platform, no reason to think that was the case.

So the point of confusion was mentioning you could transfer from 360 to PS4? So they should have just said you could transfer from PS3, and that would have solved the problem?

Yeah, the cheek of them to announce a new title, from now on MS and Sony should only reveal exclusive titles, can't be confusing the masses by announcing multi-platform games :rolleyes:

Exactly the same, that it was coming to Xbox One and you could use your existing characters (a major feature). If they didn't mention it was exclusive to their platform, no reason to think that was the case.

Okay, so you're saying that the gaming press and vast amounts of gamers who are of the same opinion as myself are all wrong.

I'd understand if it was just me but it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

For handiness, here's what was announced (I don't think I missed anything). Exclusives which had gameplay shown are bold, for the sake of CGI-gate

Microsoft Conference:
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Forza Horizon 2 // CGI // Xbox One Exclusive
    Evolve // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Assassin's Creed Unity // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Sunset Overdrive // Gameplay // Xbox One Exclusive
    Dragon Age: Inquisition // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha // Gameplay // Xbox One Exclusive
    Project Spark // Gameplay // Xbox One Exclusive
    Fantasia Music Evolved // Gameplay // Xbox One Exclusive
    Dance Central Spotlight // Gameplay // Xbox One Exclusive

Fable Legends // Gameplay // Xbox One Exclusive
    Inside // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Rise of the Tomb Raider // CGI // Multiplatform
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Scalebound // CGI // Xbox One Exclusive
    Ori and the Blind Forest // CGI & Non-Real Time In-Game // Xbox One Exclusive
    Halo 5: Guardians // CGI // Xbox One Exclusive
    Halo: Master Chief Collection // Gameplay // Xbox One Exclusive (Remake)
    Phantom Dust // CGI // Xbox One Exclusive
    Witcher 3: Wild Hunt // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    The Division // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Crackdown // CGI // Xbox One Exclusive

PlayStation Conference:
    Destiny // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    The Order 1886 // Gameplay // PS4 Exclusive
    Entwined // Gameplay // PS4 Exclusive
    inFamous: First Light // Gameplay // PS4 Exclusive
    LittleBigPlanet 3 // Gameplay // PS4 Exclusive

Bloodbourne // CGI // PS4 Exclusive
    Far Cry 3 // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Dead Island 2 // CGI // Multiplatform
    Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Battlefield: Hardline // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Disney Infinity 2 // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Magicka 2 // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive
    Grim Fandango // No Footage // Multiplatform (Remake)
    Broforce // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive
    Titan Souls // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive
    Not a Hero // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive
    Hotline Miami 2 // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive
    The Talos Principal // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive

Let It Die // CGI // PS4 Exclusive
    Abzu // Gameplay // PS4 Exclusive
    No Man's Sky // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive

Mortal Kombat X // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Ratchet & Clank // No Footage // PS4 Exclusive (Remake)
    The Last of Us Remastered // Gameplay // PS4 Exclusive (Remake)
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Grand Theft Auto V // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Batman: Arkham Knight // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End // CGI // PS4 Exclusive

They said you can transfer from PS3 and Xbox 360

• Advertisement

saying things like you can go from Xbox 360 to PS4. Like that was going to be the only option for Xbox gamers... Some neck on them.

They said you can transfer from PS3 or Xbox 360 to the PS4 version, which you can do. I don't see how this has caused a huge kerfuffle. Sony don't mention Xbox products and Microsoft don't mention Sony products during their conferences. Multiplatform games are only ever referred to for the host system at the conferences too.

All they did was point out a feature that's of pretty big relevance to anyone planning on rebuying the game. Had MS had the unveiling they'd have said the very same thing, transfer your saves from PS3 and Xbox 360. Because the game lets you do that.

You want to blame someone for that, blame Rockstar who allowed the game to be announced at a conference instead of doing it themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I did not bothered myself with rest after Ms conference as Sony one was at 2.0 am. Anything cool showed to drop a jaw? Worth waiting and checking after work with no spoilers?

I did not bothered myself with rest after Ms conference as Sony one was at 2.0 am. Anything cool showed to drop a jaw? Worth waiting and checking after work with no spoilers?

sonys one had:

Destiny // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    The Order 1886 // Gameplay // PS4 Exclusive
    Entwined // Gameplay // PS4 Exclusive
    inFamous: First Light // Gameplay // PS4 Exclusive
    LittleBigPlanet 3 // Gameplay // PS4 Exclusive
    Bloodbourne // CGI // PS4 Exclusive
    Far Cry 3 // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Dead Island 2 // CGI // Multiplatform
    Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Battlefield: Hardline // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Disney Infinity 2 // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Magicka 2 // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive
    Grim Fandango // No Footage // Multiplatform (Remake)
    Broforce // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive
    Titan Souls // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive
    Not a Hero // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive
    Hotline Miami 2 // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive
    The Talos Principal // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive
    Let It Die // CGI // PS4 Exclusive
    Abzu // Gameplay // PS4 Exclusive
    No Man's Sky // Gameplay // PS4 (Console) Exclusive
    Mortal Kombat X // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Ratchet & Clank // No Footage // PS4 Exclusive (Remake)
    The Last of Us Remastered // Gameplay // PS4 Exclusive (Remake)
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Grand Theft Auto V // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Batman: Arkham Knight // Gameplay // Multiplatform
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End // CGI // PS4 Exclusive

Titan souls is the new souls game?

Gta 5 getting ps4, Xbox one release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Titan souls is the new souls game?

Gta 5 getting ps4, Xbox one release?

Titan souls is an indie game, Bloodborne is the project beasts game

GTA will be released on PS4, xbone and PC

NTMK wrote: »
    Titan souls is an indie game, Bloodborne is the project beasts game

GTA will be released on PS4, xbone and PC

2015 for gta 5.... **** that... Well, at least I will pick it up at 2015 on pc, for 30 quod or less.

So far looks like a lot of cool games, but it's not coming any time soon.

2015 for gta 5.... **** that... Well, at least I will pick it up at 2015 on pc, for 30 quod or less.

So far looks like a lot of cool games, but it's not coming any time soon.

GTA is out this year afaik

ya i dont care about stuff coming out 18 months-2 years away and the fact i was more interested to see the remakes/indies

my List of e3 i will probably buy
    TLOU -ps4
    Halo Collection -xbone
    Arkham Knight
    MGS V - needs a release date now
    GTA V
    Infamous First Light (depending on price second son was short for an open world imo)
    Destiny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

despite the boring ZZZZZzzzzZZZzzzZZzz hour n the middle talk from sony there conference was very good

Mortal kombat gameplay - **** YES!!! female character reminded me of a fan made wasp aka female scorpion

Batman Arkham knight - Amazing

Bloodborne- two kings sce japan with from software creating a van helising like game sorta :O

indie stuff looked real cool

uncharted 4 had a nice CGI trailer ( UGH CGI)

Littlebigplanet 3- a series hold close to my heart , some adorable friends of sackboy seems to add a nice mix of diverse characters.

New Suda 51 exclusive very interesting.

overall I give the sony account a a high 8.

the tease with reading fan mail had me to believe they were going to announce a shenmue 3 since when they ask fans what they wanted to see shenmue 3 was top of the list.

I never seen anyone want another dead island game :confused:

also never heard of that tim shafer game but people lost there **** when it got announced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Dead Island 2? At 1st I was thinking oh now not another re-release and then I remembered that Riptide was not DI2 :o After riptide I'll be keeping this at arms length until reviews this time and heeding them , loved the 1st game but riptide was a slap in the face with a wet smelly fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

also never heard of that tim shafer game but people lost there **** when it got announced

I've never played Grim Fandango but have most certainly heard an awful lot about it, enough to make me want to pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Vyse wrote: »
    I've never played Grim Fandango but have most certainly heard an awful lot about it, enough to make me want to pick it up.

I will pick it up on default myself cause of Tim Schafer alone :P

and in terms of last of us remastered despite my rant about re releasing a game so early is dump I ended up selling my ps3 copy and will be buying the remastered version , ya I am soft :( :L

• Registered Users Posts: 29,017 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Turned it off at 3 and read the remaining announcements this morning. Seemed vague on dates and were any details given as to how PlayStation Now and PlayStation tv actually work or how much Now costs?

I did notice they mentioned "console debut" or something similar a lot. Was getting confused as to which was exclusive and which was just coming to PS4 first.

So no mention of Last Guardian then after the talk about it at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Turned it off at 3 and read the remaining announcements this morning. Seemed vague on dates and were any details given as to how PlayStation Now and PlayStation tv actually work or how much Now costs?

Have heard rumours of between $2.99 and $19.99 for rentals, probably depends on the length of a rental and the game.

Also, watching the Far Cry 4 gameplay vid, confirmed next-gen HD Tuk-Tuk, day#1 purchase confirmed :D

NTMK wrote: »
    GTA is out this year afaik

ya i dont care about stuff coming out 18 months-2 years away and the fact i was more interested to see the remakes/indies

my List of e3 i will probably buy
    TLOU -ps4
    Halo Collection -xbone
    Arkham Knight
    MGS V - needs a release date now
    GTA V
    Infamous First Light (depending on price second son was short for an open world imo)
    Destiny

I read on kotoku, that gta 5 is out in 2015? So when is it out so?

Fall of this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Did I just read that Grim Fandago is being remastered for PS4?

Must... keep... it... together...

Must not buy PS4...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,565 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The trailer shown said "Fall 2014", so it'll likely be out September/October unless there's any delays (which there shouldn't be)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Some of ye are wasting ye're time arguing with certain people.

Now that I'm up again I've a few thoughts.

I think the middle segment really showed that Sony did not have a lot in the Triple A department to show off. Although I will say I was surprised Driveclub didn't have a gameplay demo.

They also did a pretty poor job announcing the vita tv I think, like with Vita they sound like they don't really care.

Last negative is regarding Uncharted. That is how it should have been announced. Having the teaser back at launch was a waste of time imo but this isn't as big a deal.

On to other and positive things. Personally I think they spent more than enough time on morpheus. There would be absolutely no point demoing it on stage and have said it is available to play so it will be covered over E3.

The really big announcement for me was being able to play Far Cry 4 with someone who doesn't have the game. That is awesome.

On the exclusives, I thought LBP3 looked like a lot of fun, the live demo was actually pretty good too.

The Order had it's best showing so far, that game looks absolutely amazing however I'm a little worried at the amount of times there seems to be a cutscene. Still the transition from cutscene to gameplay is outstanding.

And everything else that has made me excited - Abzu, No Man's Sky, All the Indie games shown when Hotline Miami 2 was shown (all looked great), Bloodbourne , Batman, BF Hardline and TLOU.

Overall I was happy with the show and thought it was the best of the conferences I've seen but it wasn't exactly saying much. No real Vita news or The Last Guardian has hurt me :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No Mans Sky and the Witcher 3 are about the only things that really stood out for me. Some other good looking titles, but those two were the best at the show.

Will be interesting to see what Nintendo do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I can't believe that, apart from FIFA 14, my first two purchases for PS4 are going to be games that I already bought and played on PS3. I'm so annoyed with myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement