Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Duggy747 wrote: »
    GTA 5 for PC :(

fist-pump-baby.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Odd how the IRL clan here who are a known Xbox based clan are on a all frontal assault on all things PS4 :pac:

I have both consoles, and Sony's press conference had me hyped up more, far more than Xbox. Sunset Overdrive and maybe Crackdown is all I am looking forward to from an Xbox standpoint.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can't believe that, apart from FIFA 14, my first two purchases for PS4 are going to be games that I already bought and played on PS3. I'm so annoyed with myself.

I can't believe a Halo collection is making me consider getting an Xbox One :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Odd how the IRL clan here who are a known Xbox based clan are on a all frontal assault on all things PS4 :pac:

I have both consoles, and Sony's press conference had me hyped up more, far more than Xbox. Sunset Overdrive and maybe Crackdown is all I am looking forward to from an Xbox standpoint.

not true, a butt ton of us abandoned xbone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

tok9 wrote: »
    Overall I was happy with the show and thought it was the best of the conferences I've seen but it wasn't exactly saying much. No real Vita news or The Last Guardian has hurt me :(

I was meh about the 2 conferences tbh both of them relied far to much on "hey we're getting this multiplat that everyone else is getting but we have some exclusive content" (which is a ****ty business model imo)

Phantom dust was the only shock for me

EA were the same as always and painful to watch

Ubisoft wasnt worth watching given their mix of milked franchises and Bull**** Trailers demos

Nintendo have a nice low bar set for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I have to start by saying I didn't actually see the Sony Conference but I've read up on everything shown and personally I think Microsoft had the stronger showing. This is coming from a PS4 owner too.

That Halo collection looks incredible, I'm surprised they are only charging standard price for it. Sunset Overdrive currently looks like the most fun exclusive on the horizon also.

Obviously Uncharted 4 will be incredible but we saw nothing that we couldn't have imagined ourselves yesterday.

Lack of Vita news was very disappointing. No real surprises this year, I suppose the leaks deserve some blame for that though.

Anyway, all eyes on nintendo to see if they can pull off a few surprises. Judging from their last couple of E3s though I'm doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I thought EA was the worst of the bunch. Seemed to reveal things which were no where near ready and just had developer diaries.

Didn't see Ubisoft.

Nintendo have a great opportunity to make themselves known.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tok9 wrote: »
    I thought EA was the worst of the bunch. Seemed to reveal things which were no where near ready and just had developer diaries.

Yeah. The Criteron game was far too early to be shown, and what was shown of Mirror's Edge 2 was either unfinished, or too similar to Mirror's Edge 1. I supposed they needed to fill time in between their "We promise it's different than last year!" sports games.

The only thing I really noted from Fifa15 is that wet pitches are now more noticeably wet.

Battlefield Hardline was their only saving grace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    I have to start by saying I didn't actually see the Sony Conference but I've read up on everything shown and personally I think Microsoft had the stronger showing. This is coming from a PS4 owner too.

That Halo collection looks incredible, I'm surprised they are only charging standard price for it. Sunset Overdrive currently looks like the most fun exclusive on the horizon also.

Obviously Uncharted 4 will be incredible but we saw nothing that we couldn't have imagined ourselves yesterday.

Lack of Vita news was very disappointing. No real surprises this year, I suppose the leaks deserve some blame for that though.

Anyway, all eyes on nintendo to see if they can pull off a few surprises. Judging from their last couple of E3s though I'm doubtful.

Ms done really nothing to make you look forward to unless you soley care for multiplats but even at the same time ps4 games have exclusive content for most games or making console debuts and run better up till now.

Halo collection is nice valuable collection if you are looking to jump on the halo franchise but sony actually showed exclusives and alot of developers wanting to show there games on the sony conference than ms.

The Order 1886
    Uncharted 4
    Grim Fandango
    Suda 51 title
    Littlebigplanet 3
    Inter twined ( i think its called )
    Ratchet and clank remaster

and so fourth are all exclusive games and all the 3rd party stuff had one shape or form exclusive content and not timed.

which is why I personally feel Sony just showed again its a better platform to pick up over xbox one. Without knowing what xbox one has for future it looks like they are in refocus mode for image which I think they hurt themselves over last year but they are still making the dumb decisions with timed dlc no one cares about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Is it me or does Nathan Drake now look like Jermey Renner? or maybe perhaps more so than ever? lol.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah. The Criteron game was far too early to be shown, and what was shown of Mirror's Edge 2 was either unfinished, or too similar to Mirror's Edge 1. I supposed they needed to fill time in between their "We promise it's different than last year!" sports games.

The only thing I really noted from Fifa15 is that wet pitches are now more noticeably wet.

Battlefield Hardline was their only saving grace.

Ive always loved the way they slate the previous years titles

Ill still buy most of them though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am yet to see Sony conference, but few things really start to get annoying.

1. CGI trailers. Biggest waste of time and recourses if you ask me. Unless you are blizzard. The only company, which pulls off CGI trailers with flying colours. So yeah, CGI trailers should be banned as false advertisement.

2. Multiplatform games, which shown in one or another conference. Pure bull**** and makes very false feel. Misleading and makes less knowledgeable gamers to fall in to thinking - it's exclusive.

3. Some of the games shown will come out only in 2020 bull**** etc. Don't bother showing it, if its only set on paper.

1. CGI trailers. Biggest waste of time and recourses if you ask me. Unless you are blizzard. The only company, which pulls off CGI trailers with flying colours. So yeah, CGI trailers should be banned as false advertisement.

2. Multiplatform games, which shown in one or another conference. Pure bull**** and makes very false feel. Misleading and makes less knowledgeable gamers to fall in to thinking - it's exclusive.

3. Some of the games shown will come out only in 2020 bull**** etc. Don't bother showing it, if its only set on paper.

so you hate e3?:pac:

NTMK wrote: »
    Ive always loved the way they slate the previous years titles

Ill still buy most of them though

I'll be getting Madden anyway. I actually never really minded the Defense on previous games, but out of all their sports games the way they've revamped it does seem like the biggest change to the franchise in years.

I wish it was my job to come up with taglines for the Fifa series.
    "Be the Twelfth Man"
    "Create brilliance"
    "A great player needs a great first touch"
    "You Play, They Obey"
    "This is the Season"
    "Can you FIFA 08?", "Got what it takes?"
    "Let's FIFA 09"
    "Let's FIFA 10", "How big can football get?"
    "We are 11"
    "Let's FIFA 12"
    "JOIN THE CLUB"
    "We are FIFA 14"
    "Feel the game"

Easiest job in the world :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Square enix will hunt you down

• Ms done really nothing to make you look forward to unless you soley care for multiplats but even at the same time ps4 games have exclusive content for most games or making console debuts and run better up till now.

Halo collection is nice valuable collection if you are looking to jump on the halo franchise but sony actually showed exclusives and alot of developers wanting to show there games on the sony conference than ms.

The Order 1886
    Uncharted 4
    Grim Fandango
    Suda 51 title
    Littlebigplanet 3

and so fourth are all exclusive games and all the 3rd party stuff had one shape or form exclusive content and not timed.

which is why I personally feel Sony just showed again its a better platform to pick up over xbox one. Without knowing what xbox one has for future it looks like they are in refocus mode for image which I think they hurt themselves over last year but they are still making the dumb decisions with timed dlc no one cares about.

MS Exclusives;
    Halo 5
    Crackdown 3
    Fable Legends
    Forza Horizon 2
    Scalebound
    Phantom Dust
    Project Spark
    Sunset Overdrive
    Ori and the Blind Forest

All exclusive.

To note: A massive amount of players care for timed DLC especially when it relates to COD.

And also the **** load of indie games.

Does anyone really see CGI trailers as being representative of game footage? Speaking for myself, unless I see a HUD, I'm using the CGI trailer as being representative of the type of game, tone of game, presentation and story only. Not gameplay. But the cinematic scope of some of the trailers I feel really help elevate gaming as a form of entertainment which is as legitimate as film/tv

Again, unless it says it's exclusive, I take it as being multiplatform. In fairness, what else are MS or Sony supposed to show? While they have their own in-house & exclusive games, they wouldn't have enough to fill their conference time, unless they have a big announcement such as when MS revealed the Kinect, or last year when both talked about their new consoles.

That I agree with. Some games are being shown far too early. I doubt we'll see that Criteron game with all the vehicles/wingsuits etc until 2016. And what they showed last night was bare-bones stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Most of the show has left me cold so far.
    The Halo collection looks great but I own and finished them all already!
    Vita TV or Playstation Now is lovely, probably the one console I'm actually going to buy at launch, love to see some of its Wipeout on a bug screen.
    No Last Guardian again :(
    It's all a bit M'eh really.

So, Nintendo.
    All up to you.
    The bar for making a splash has never been set so low.
    Come on, make some noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Really not too excited about anything yet tbh. More just pissed that now thanks to some console exclusives I might have to pick up a ps4 or xbox but other than that very MEH and nothing really new thats exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Ms done really nothing to make you look forward to unless you soley care for multiplats but even at the same time ps4 games have exclusive content for most games or making console debuts and run better up till now.

The Order 1886
    Uncharted 4
    Grim Fandango
    Suda 51 title
    Littlebigplanet 3

Sunset Overdrive
    Crackdown
    Platinum's Exclusive
    Halo Collection
    Fable Legends

These currently have me more interested than what Sony has shown so far in terms of exclusives. I'm finding it difficult to get too excited for Uncharted since it's so far away and we haven't really seen anything. Having said that, I don't regret my purchase of the PS4 at all, I have faiuth that Sony will deliver. Microsoft just surprised me with their conference. Decent showing from both.

• Advertisement

Pretty much the same old e3 press conferences. Every game gets marketed and presented that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. But we all know most will be far from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Pretty much the same old e3 press conferences. Every game gets marketed and presented that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Well in fairness, they're hardly going to present them by saying "This one is a bit humdrum and may end up a steaming pile of crap, but sure take a look anyway".

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

not true, a butt ton of us abandoned xbone

I was referring to the more audible bunch who were bashing Sony's press conference before it started it seemed, tbh.

I genuinely hoped Microsoft would hit it out of the park, but was left flat which is disappointing as my Xbone is collecting dust as of right now and has been for months and they had to REALLY respond after last year's cluster****. I've literally played it 10 hours at most since the first week of Titanfall which was underwhelming after the initial fun week period. Sony might not have shown a lot of gameplay, but the line up and what they did show was impressive. Sunset Overdrive and Crackdown are the only things that caught my eye from the Xbone side.

Well in fairness, they're hardly going to present them by saying "This one is a bit humdrum and may end up a steaming pile of crap, but sure take a look anyway".

or you could just not buy into the marketing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Sunset Overdrive
    Crackdown
    Platinum's Exclusive
    Halo Collection
    Fable Legends

These currently have me more interested than what Sony has shown so far in terms of exclusives. I'm finding it difficult to get too excited for Uncharted since it's so far away and we haven't really seen anything. Having said that, I don't regret my purchase of the PS4 at all, I have faiuth that Sony will deliver. Microsoft just surprised me with their conference. Decent showing from both.

Oh nothing to take away from ms conference , they promised they focus on the games and thats just what they did without even mentioning tv or kinetic. other than project spark and platinum games game to me personally theres not enough there that really wowed me never really been a xbox guy but its great to see both ms and sony really pushing games than ever before :D.

sony only had to properly reveal bloodborne and that alone won it for me considering soul series is one of my fav of all time.

Uncharted 4 would of been better not announced last year and just shown the cgi trailer this year to made any sort of an impact.

but in the end it does not matter what platform you own you are guaranteed great games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

After seeing a few games so far I've come to a conclusion.....must get a xbox one soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

How the fook can anyone be excited for another fable game. Crackdown was garbage (IMO) and a Halo remaster isn't something that would in any way excite me.

IMO...

Bloodbourne > Scalebound (Probably the two games i'm looking forward to most in terms of exclusives)
    The Order > Crackdown
    Uncharted > Halo 5
    MickeyMouse adventures > Fable

Either way, neither conference was exactly mindblowing. No Mans Skys looks really cool though, hopefully theres some actual depth to it.

The Witcher 3 is still by far the most impressive thing i've seen so far and the gameplay was on pretty mediocre hardware !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

or you could just not buy into the marketing ;)

Whose buying into it? About 90% of my purchases are indie games or 2+ year old games on sale. :P I buy maybe two new releases per year.

I'm just saying, e3 is exactly what you'd expect it to be, of course they're going to big up every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think all nintendo have to do is announce the release dates in 2014 since it doesn't seem like too many PS4/XBox One games are coming out in 2014. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think all nintendo have to do is announce the release dates in 2014 since it doesn't seem like too many PS4/XBox One games are coming out in 2014. :)

Indeed, some Zelda gameplay and they've won for me :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement