Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,565 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I was referring to the more audible bunch who were bashing Sony's press conference before it started it seemed, tbh.

I genuinely hoped Microsoft would hit it out of the park, but was left flat which is disappointing as my Xbone is collecting dust as of right now and has been for months and they had to REALLY respond after last year's cluster****. I've literally played it 10 hours at most since the first week of Titanfall which was underwhelming after the initial fun week period. Sony might not have shown a lot of gameplay, but the line up and what they did show was impressive. Sunset Overdrive and Crackdown are the only things that caught my eye from the Xbone side.

I was initially disappointed we didn't see a new Gears of War, but thinking about it, at least it shows they're probably not just shining up the old games, and are instead likely working on it from scratch (well, as "from scratch" as you can do with a sequel).

Nothing MS showed would tempt me to get an Xbox One though. That's simply the yardstick I use to measure it. That being said, nothing Sony showed would tempt me to get a PS4 if I currently had an Xbox One. Didn't see enough Uncharted and the rest were either multiplatform or simply don't interest me.

To be honest, as far as the conferences go, Ubisoft are winning for me so far.
    The Crew (not big into racers but it looks fantastic)
    AC: Unity (depending on how it plays in single-player)
    Rainbow Six: Siege (will need to see more, and without actors on headsets)
    The Division (looks pretty damn good)
    Far Cry 4 (Only played a bit of Far Cry 2 before, but definitely want to give this one a shot)
    Valiant Hearts (looks very interesting, though more information required)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Penn wrote: »
    Does anyone really see CGI trailers as being representative of game footage? Speaking for myself, unless I see a HUD, I'm using the CGI trailer as being representative of the type of game, tone of game, presentation and story only. Not gameplay. But the cinematic scope of some of the trailers I feel really help elevate gaming as a form of entertainment which is as legitimate as film/tv

Again, unless it says it's exclusive, I take it as being multiplatform. In fairness, what else are MS or Sony supposed to show? While they have their own in-house & exclusive games, they wouldn't have enough to fill their conference time, unless they have a big announcement such as when MS revealed the Kinect, or last year when both talked about their new consoles.

That I agree with. Some games are being shown far too early. I doubt we'll see that Criteron game with all the vehicles/wingsuits etc until 2016. And what they showed last night was bare-bones stuff.

CGI trailers should set a mood, but these days they are pure bull**** advertising. I remember how well dead island set a mood with CGI trailer.
    a lot of developers managed to show awesome trailers using a mix or pure game play footage and did a great job. Fair play to them.
    CGI teasers is another bull**** muffin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Far Cry 4 (Only played a bit of Far Cry 2 before, but definitely want to give this one a shot)

if you haven't played far cry 3, play far cry 3

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Before I forget, EA's press conference was by the far the worst one last night. I have no interest in Star Wars, but I was interested in Battlefront given that DICE are behind it. Mirror's Edge 2 I was hoping to see a decent bit of gameplay too. But alas, no. The rest was emotions, moving corner flags and the like, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man wasn't expecting much but have seen some brilliant brilliant trailers.

Most unexpected E3 announcement goes to GTA V on next gen. I knew there was a chance it was coming but didn't expect an E3 announcement.

AC Unity could actually be a great laugh with people you know online. Could be a disaster with strangers.

Arkham Knight just looks top class. I'm not the biggest fan of having a mini tank and explosions everywhere but will wait and see how it feels in game.

The Crew just looks like a great laugh, pity you can't have more than 4 people in a crew but mad to play it.

Dead Island 2, I loved DI1, never played Riptide and DI2 looks like it's going the way of Dead Rising with the comical trailer. Plus Jack Black as a main character?? :pac:

I'm very skeptic about the Division. Looks too good. The way the 'players' are role playing, I just can't see that happening in the proper game. Looks like a class world to play in but the online mode is questionable for me so far.

EA UFC, the game I got a PS4 for and will be playing it next week, can't wait!

Far Cry 4 looks great but something meh about it. I got the same feeling seeing the Far Cry 3 E3 trailer though and that turned out bloody brilliant.

The Last of Us remastered.....God Dammit Naughty Dog, I'll have to pick it up again on PS4 to play through that story again!

Mass Effect will be interesting to see what way it goes. I would also be happy if they just left that brilliant series alone.

Rise of the Tomb Raider actually makes me want to get TR on PS4 even though I wasn't too pushed on it with PS3.

Must have a look at the MS and Sony presentations.
    Did I read it right that some MS or EA guy said 'All the Feelz' during one video? :eek:

• Advertisement

Might do actually. Far Cry 2 annoyed the hell out of me, but I can't for the life of me remember why.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Might do actually. Far Cry 2 annoyed the hell out of me, but I can't for the life of me remember why.

i never played 2 but as I understand it, it annoyed the hell out of everybody :)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Did I read it right that some MS or EA guy said 'All the Feelz' during one video? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

EA and yes its this years peggle 2 moment

I was initially disappointed we didn't see a new Gears of War, but thinking about it, at least it shows they're probably not just shining up the old games, and are instead likely working on it from scratch (well, as "from scratch" as you can do with a sequel).

Nothing MS showed would tempt me to get an Xbox One though. That's simply the yardstick I use to measure it. That being said, nothing Sony showed would tempt me to get a PS4 if I currently had an Xbox One. Didn't see enough Uncharted and the rest were either multiplatform or simply don't interest me.

To be honest, as far as the conferences go, Ubisoft are winning for me so far.
    The Crew (not big into racers but it looks fantastic)
    AC: Unity (depending on how it plays in single-player)
    Rainbow Six: Siege (will need to see more, and without actors on headsets)
    The Division (looks pretty damn good)
    Valiant Hearts (looks very interesting, though more information required)

At this moment in time, I'm regretting purchasing an Xbone when it comes to gaming, I know that.

Ubisoft stomped on the other press conferences last night. An absolute beatdown. I can see myself purchasing all the games you mentioned.

• Advertisement

My award for cringiest presentation goes to The Sims 4 though.

The Crew just looks like a great laugh, pity you can't have more than 4 people in a crew but mad to play it.

That is the one negative about the game I've seen so far. Even if it was just 8 man crews, that would be fine. 4 is too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

And install the sound immersion and difficulty mods over on Nexus, unless you want brain-dead A.I that wear crimson tank tops in a jungle, have tracer-lasers on their sniper rifles and for the game to make retarded sounds if you even so much as look at an interactive object.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Hmm, I genuinely think the premise of No Man's Sky looks amazing. Procedurally generated universe!? Cartoonish awesome looking planets??! Spaceships flying around blowing each other up!???@?221?!? FOOK YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I think Xbox did really well. Especially if you compare it to last year, then this year was astronomical.

I'm picking up Crackdown 3, Halo Master Chief Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Fable, Forza horizon 2.

Multiplat, I'll be getting Witcher 3, Mirrors Edge 2 and maybe GTA V (again). And Super Smash Bros Wii U.

funkyflea wrote: »
    I think Xbox did really well. Especially if you compare it to last year, then this year was astronomical.

If MS didn't even show up this year it still would have been better than last year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did Kingdom hearts get a mention yet? Missed a few bits yesterday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

calex71 wrote: »

I don't think so. One of my friends is a huge KH fan, so I'd imagine I'd never hear the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Scrublord420

Hopefully Dayz gets out on ps4 soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

calex71 wrote: »

I think Square Enix said there's nothing about kingdom hearts or FFXV at E3 this year

• Advertisement

E3 is going to be awesome does anyone know if any youtubers will be covering it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Hopefully Dayz gets out on ps4 soon

pqwgza.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No Mans Sky looks amazing :eek:

Ok guys ive watched youtubers cover e3 since i was smaller and now i dont exactly know whats happening can i be filled in a bit tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

funkyflea wrote: »

I'm picking up Crackdown 3, Halo Master Chief Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Fable, Forza horizon 2.

Multiplat, I'll be getting Witcher 3, Mirrors Edge 2 and maybe GTA V (again). And Super Smash Bros Wii U.

I kind of agree. There were more games announced for the Xbox One that I want to play than the PS4. Still don’t have either console but given the second hand prices of the Xbox One, I could be tempted to go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Mass Effect will be interesting to see what way it goes. I would also be happy if they just left that brilliant series alone.

they've been working on it since ME3 finished, that's just over 2 years of development, i just hope they don't make it an mmo and completely destroy the franchise for me

• Magill wrote: »
    How the fook can anyone be excited for another fable game. Crackdown was garbage (IMO) and a Halo remaster isn't something that would in any way excite me.

IMO...

Bloodbourne > Scalebound (Probably the two games i'm looking forward to most in terms of exclusives)
    The Order > Crackdown
    Uncharted > Halo 5
    MickeyMouse adventures > Fable

Either way, neither conference was exactly mindblowing. No Mans Skys looks really cool though, hopefully theres some actual depth to it.

The Witcher 3 is still by far the most impressive thing i've seen so far and the gameplay was on pretty mediocre hardware !

Crackdown 1 was an excellent surprise. Your a minority if you think it was garbage.
    Crackdown 3 is being made by the original developers, not like Crackdown 2 which was garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

i just hope they don't make it an mmo and completely destroy the franchise for me

Oh God please no MMO. My little tiny heart will be broken. :(

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Crackdown 1 was an excellent surprise. Your a minority if you think it was garbage.
    Crackdown 3 is being made by the original developers, not like Crackdown 2 which was garbage.

Yeah Crackdown 1 was a brilliant game. Crackdown 2 was not.

Crackdown 3 could be like a superhero Borderlands. Could be a lot of fun if they get it right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Going back through the posts after I went to sleep and its obvious as regards the Vita that people were not paying attention, they showed 5 new games coming for it, another 6 that are cross buy, said they have over 100 games in development and have over 40 games still to come out this year.

As for the CGI debate, E3 is mainly used to reveal new games and the majority of past shows have been CGI heavy from both sides, its nothing new and wont go away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement