Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Magill wrote: »
    How the fook can anyone be excited for another fable game.

Very easily. Me. I am excited. They are well crafted games with a sense of humour. I like the world and the character it has and I think Lionhead make good games.

I mean, I know you guys are all thrilled for "Generic Grey Shooter 4: the shootering" and that's great and all but I like some variety in my gaming diet. I like games like Witcher and Skyrim and Fable. Colourful worlds set in a fantasy setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just looking at one of the mirrors edge videos, with the developers talking etc, is it a remake or a sequel? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

they've been working on it since ME3 finished, that's just over 2 years of development, i just hope they don't make it an mmo and completely destroy the franchise for me

I hated the line 'The 1st thing we did was ask the gamers what they wanted from the Mass Effect series' No..No...NOOOOO. Just make the game as good as you can and let people judge it when it's finished. No point trying to please everyone, will end up a mess. Fan feedback can be great an all but not to shape a product from the beginning.

Is there any more conferences on today?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Nintendo direct. 5pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Crackdown 1 was an excellent surprise. Your a minority if you think it was garbage.
    Crackdown 3 is being made by the original developers, not like Crackdown 2 which was garbage.

ha, probably am in the minority.In fairness i'm not a fan of those sort of sandbox games, it was one of the games i got with my 360, put a couple of hours into it and got bored. Review wise, while not garbage... it does seem like your in the minority who thought it was an excellent surprise though !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nintendo has their digital conference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

calex71 wrote: »
    Just looking at one of the mirrors edge videos, with the developers talking etc, is it a remake or a sequel? :confused:

Interesting question - they're not calling it Mirror's Edge 2, just Mirror's Edge. But I think the footage itself was just glorified concept work, so that they could show "something".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,565 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just Nintendo I think. 5pm our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I hated the line 'The 1st thing we did was ask the gamers what they wanted from the Mass Effect series' No..No...NOOOOO. Just make the game as good as you can and let people judge it when it's finished. No point trying to please everyone, will end up a mess. Fan feedback can be great an all but not to shape a product from the beginning.

Especially because "what the fans wanted from the Mass Effect series" was the Mass Effect series. Its popularity is a testament to this. Just keep doing what you're doing, you clearly have a good handle on it, don't go trying to reinvent the wheel based on 14 year olds' (one assumes) flights of fancy!

• Advertisement

For anyone who missed it last night, from memory this is what was shown and announced during the PS4 conference.

Uncharted 4
    Suda Game
    Bloodborne
    Grim Fandango
    4 Devolver Digital Games
    No Mans Sky
    Arkham Knight
    The Order
    LPB 3
    Destiny Alpha For 3 Days
    Possible Free Far Cry 4
    Hardline Beta
    Dead Island Beta
    Project Morpheous
    25 F2P Games Coming In The Next 12 Months
    PS TV
    PS Now
    Mortal Kombat X
    MGS
    Ratchet and Clank Remake
    The Last Of Us
    GTA V
    100 Vita Games In Development

• Magill wrote: »
    ha, probably am in the minority.In fairness i'm not a fan of those sort of sandbox games, it was one of the games i got with my 360, put a couple of hours into it and got bored. Review wise, while not garbage... it does seem like your in the minority who thought it was an excellent surprise though !

Not really, it was an excellent surprise because people originally purchased it solely to play the Halo 3 beta and then realised the beta was packaged with an excellent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Too much to read back on, did they announce a release date for TLOU???

Too much to read back on, did they announce a release date for TLOU???

29th of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just back from work. Watching Sony E3 conference now.

• Too much to read back on, did they announce a release date for TLOU???

July 29th :)

Hoping for a PS4 combo deal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

calex71 wrote: »

A prequel, showing the origins of Faith with footage of her getting her eye tatooed.

• Xenji wrote: »
    29th of July.

Snap! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Scrublord420

where are you watching it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What link you watching from?

• Advertisement

on youtube, just searched. Here:

sheehy83 wrote: »
    What link you watching from?

IGN uploaded their coverage of the conference here in 720p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozo1EYAjkNM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Especially because "what the fans wanted from the Mass Effect series" was the Mass Effect series. Its popularity is a testament to this. Just keep doing what you're doing, you clearly have a good handle on it, don't go trying to reinvent the wheel based on 14 year olds' (one assumes) flights of fancy!

In fairness, a lot (all of) the furore was over the ending of ME3, and bioware did give free DLC in the form of the extended cut, and lets not forget the entire year of free multiplayer maps and bonus weekend MP campaigns with bloody good rewards in the form of exclusive co-op weapons and characters.

Hell, they even added a character class when the voice actor Robin Sachs (Zaeed) died last year to commemorate him.

Okay, White PS4 and white controller gives me a boner... I know, I am Weirdo...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The games shown by Devolver looked brilliant!

I'm assuming they are all coming to vita and that's where I'll be playing them :)

@ShadowHearth - ya it looks very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Kirby wrote: »
    Very easily. Me. I am excited. They are well crafted games with a sense of humour. I like the world and the character it has and I think Lionhead make good games.

I mean, I know you guys are all thrilled for "Generic Grey Shooter 4: the shootering" and that's great and all but I like some variety in my gaming diet. I like games like Witcher and Skyrim and Fable. Colourful worlds set in a fantasy setting.

lol, in the same post you quoted you'd see that my two favorite games so far are the Witcher 3 and No Man Skys.. hardly generic grey shooters. Fable has gone down hill as a franchise since Fable 2. I've zero faith in Lionhead releasing something that is anything more than an average game, in all they've released maybe 2 good games ever... Black & White and Fable 2, everything else has been... meh.

• tok9 wrote: »

I'm assuming they are all coming to vita and that's where I'll be playing them :)

Hotline Miami 2??

Can't wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Scrublord420

on youtube, just searched. Here:

what game is that at the very start?

what game is that at the very start?

Destiny.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »

@ShadowHearth - ya it looks very nice.

It showed coming to Vita/PS4 beside the 4 games :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement