Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Seems to be an awful lot of people getting excited for little more than ports from the previous gen of consoles.
    As much as I liked The Last of Us, I have no desire to play it through again, while the visuals will get nicer the gameplay ain't gonna change, and it'll be the same for the rest of them, regardless of console.

Meh, I know people who get excited about watching the Sound of Music every Christmas, and that hasn't even had updated visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I got an email from rockstar saying as much, that they are all transferable

Ah okay, still a great feature anyway. All they need now is an upgrade discount price.

• CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Seems to be an awful lot of people getting excited for little more than ports from the previous gen of consoles.
    As much as I liked The Last of Us, I have no desire to play it through again, while the visuals will get nicer the gameplay ain't gonna change, and it'll be the same for the rest of them, regardless of console.

For what year are you talking about? As in release year?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I know I will be branded Sony fanboy ( again and again and again ), but Sony conference just bagged it and made MS one look like a joke.
    They lost me a bit with numbers and some of the TV crap, but there rest of it was just great. Even the audience felt natural and genuine with excitement.

All in all this years E3 really made me excited about future games and gaming in general. Some amount of gems coming out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I would only get the hype for the ports if you haven't played the previous gen.
    Like I haven't play The Last Of Us but would love to. Sure, I plan on getting a PS4 sometime. But the vast majority of people who wanted to play GTAV have already done so.

But of course you can't blame Rockstar for porting it. It'll always be in the PS4 library for years to come now. Money money money :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah okay, still a great feature anyway. All they need now is an upgrade discount price.

Actual text below

In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

CMiy3qG.jpg
    Only on PlayStation

l4uNmRe.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

CMiy3qG.jpg

l4uNmRe.gif

It is being made in conjunction with SCE Japan, it has been known for months it would be a PS4 exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭crybaby

Grim Fandango?

YES!!!

• Well, I know I will be branded Sony fanboy ( again and again and again ), but Sony conference just bagged it and made MS one look like a joke.
    They lost me a bit with numbers and some of the TV crap, but there rest of it was just great. Even the audience felt natural and genuine with excitement.

All in all this years E3 really made me excited about future games and gaming in general. Some amount of gems coming out!

Love to understand how Sony made MS conference look like a Joke??

• Advertisement

• crybaby wrote: »
    Grim Fandango?

YES!!!

Found memories; I always got stuck at the
    Mail Chute Puzzle
    for some reason :o:o

New Batman game.

must_not_fap.jpg?w=300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

crybaby wrote: »
    Grim Fandango?

Multiplat for the record. Out first on PS

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Love to understand how Sony made MS conference look like a Joke??

In every single way. Games, atmosphere, humour, spirit, content, exclusives and just general way of presentation.

Dont understand me wrong, I though MS conference was pretty good and a lot better then last year, but I just finished watching Sonys one and MS Conference looks like a joke now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I thought Microsoft's conference at E3 last year was actually pretty good, they were just blown out of the water by Sony later on so everyone forgets about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I got an email from rockstar saying as much, that they are all transferable

Yeah. It's through your Social Club account rather than the consoles.

• In every single way. Games, atmosphere, humour, spirit, content, exclusives and just general way of presentation.

Dont understand me wrong, I though MS conference was pretty good and a lot better then last year, but I just finished watching Sonys one and MS Conference looks like a joke now.

Three most important items below; and I disagree totally.

Game's, content and particularly exclusives, MS piped it for me.

I have been rubbing my eyes at some of the posts in relation to MS having little or no exclusives.

Even 'QTE' 1886 let me down.

Uncharted is a series I love so I have faith in ND, other than that meh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

MS really stepped it up on last year and they are now doing what Sony were doing last year and making the console a games machine again, not some super-smart entertainment hub.

The games they showed bored me though. Fable looked dull, as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I don't particularly think there was any gulf between the two. I think Sony just Shaded it. Nintendo are yet to come are they? It could be there for the taking for them. But overall MS was slightly underwhelming and Sony was just about par for expectations, maybe slightly above. *

*Disclaimer: (I'm talking regular expectations not our usual "ANNOUNCE ALL THE NEW GAMES" Expectations :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I really don't think there was a clear winner between MS and Sony. Both relied on sequels and multiplatform games, a few exclusives, and some smaller indie titles, and for both, too many of the games are for release next year rather than this year. Neither side really had that big "WOW" moment or reveal.

Both are pretty much on a pretty level playing field, and more than ever it's coming down to the games rather than the consoles. Exciting to see.

Ubisoft won it though imo unless Nintendo can pull something amazing out of the bag.

• Advertisement

Three most important items below; and I disagree totally.

Game's, content and particularly exclusives, MS piped it for me.

I have been rubbing my eyes at some of the posts in relation to MS having little or no exclusives.

I am not going even there m8. I know a few people on boards.ie who will defend MS even if it will say "**** you San Diego MS fan".

As a gamer, Sony conference made me hyped up in general as a gamer and I dont even play that much on Sony Consoles, Pc is my main platform. I honestly though about finally getting Xbox one as some stuff looked pretty cool, but now I wont bother, because my hands will be full between PC and PS4. Now I am not saying the games on MS were bad, they were pretty good, but I have limited time and I will give preference to more appealing games. ( this is very important now, MORE APPLIELING GAMES FOR ME )

I will still pick up Xbox one later, but I am not in any sort of rush at all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

You guys are worrying over the stupid little things... the big issue is when did Nathan Drake become Jemery Renner? :pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

=

Overall or console exclusives by platform:

Xbox One:

Forza Horizon 2
    Sunset Overdrive
    Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha
    Project Spark
    Fantasia Music Evolved
    Dance Central Spotlight
    Fable Legends
    Scalebound
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Halo 5: Guardians
    Halo: Master Chief Collection
    Phantom Dust
    Crackdown

PS4:

The Order 1886
    Entwined
    inFamous: First Light
    LittleBigPlanet 3
    Bloodbourne
    Magicka 2
    Broforce
    Titan Souls
    Not a Hero
    Hotline Miami 2
    The Talos Principal
    Let It Die
    Abzu
    No Man's Sky
    Ratchet & Clank
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

None of the Xbox exclusives there really get me excited apart from Scalebound, which I'm really looking forward to seeing more of since Platinum are almost exclusively awesome, and Ori.

On the PS4 it's LBP, Bloodborne, Hotline Miami, Azbu and Uncharted that stand out. No interest in remakes or re-releases on either platform

• I am not going even there m8. I know a few people on boards.ie who will defend MS even if it will say "**** you San Diego MS fan".

As a gamer, Sony conference made me hyped up in general as a gamer and I dont even play that much on Sony Consoles, Pc is my main platform. I honestly though about finally getting Xbox one as some stuff looked pretty cool, but now I wont bother, because my hands will be full between PC and PS4. Now I am not saying the games on MS were bad, they were pretty good, but I have limited time and I will give preference to more appealing games. ( this is very important now, MORE APPLIELING GAMES FOR ME )

I will still pick up Xbox one later, but I am not in any sort of rush at all now.

These are two differing opinions, nothing about defending MS. I game on all 3.
    I'm just calling you out with a statement saying the there conference was a joke when it clearly wasn't.

Overall, can anyone remember a duller, less interesting E3 off the top of their heads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

COYVB wrote: »
    Overall, can anyone remember a duller, less interesting E3 off the top of their heads?

2012 or whatever year flo rida and book of spells was there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

NTMK wrote: »
    2012 or whatever year flo rida and book of spells was there

Yeah 2012. I think there was early speculation of the next gen coming in but instead we got lots of 2014 release dates and not much concrete to go on.

Maybe I'm looking back with ... (Whats the opposite of rose tinted glasses)

anyways. I hated it.

• COYVB wrote: »
    Overall or console exclusives by platform:

Xbox One:

Forza Horizon 2
    Sunset Overdrive
    Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha
    Project Spark
    Fantasia Music Evolved
    Dance Central Spotlight
    Fable Legends
    Scalebound
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Halo 5: Guardians
    Halo: Master Chief Collection
    Phantom Dust
    Crackdown

PS4:

The Order 1886
    Entwined
    inFamous: First Light
    LittleBigPlanet 3
    Bloodbourne
    Magicka 2
    Broforce
    Titan Souls
    Not a Hero
    Hotline Miami 2
    The Talos Principal
    Let It Die
    Abzu
    No Man's Sky
    Ratchet & Clank
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

None of the Xbox exclusives there really get me excited apart from Scalebound, which I'm really looking forward to seeing more of since Platinum are almost exclusively awesome, and Ori.

On the PS4 it's LBP, Bloodborne, Hotline Miami, Azbu and Uncharted that stand out. No interest in remakes or re-releases on either platform

Fair enough, you have a preference.

Doesn't relate to my point above :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Well, I know I will be branded Sony fanboy ( again and again and again ), but Sony conference just bagged it and made MS one look like a joke.

I am sorry but Xbox is back on point while Sony dilly dallied through their 2 hour marathon.

I seen a load of beta announcements, breadcrumbs for PS Vita, Project NoShow - I mean project Morphorus lol.
    A tonne of filler content to hide the cracks, very little fixed dates for anything coming out on PS4 that is exclusive.

Where's the AAA exclusives, the new IP's?
    This is what I was told to expect from Sony PS4.

By the time Drive club comes out for PS4 the XB1 will all ready have 2 driving sims released (Forza 5 & Forza Horizon 2)

I expected to be running out the door to get a PS4 prior to watching the conference. Instead I was like 'is that it'. Where's the PS+ free games announcements for PS4?

It's like Sony and MS have switched places from last year. Sony should be worried, they definitely got taken down a peg.

I have to say the one to watch out for will be Nintendo at E3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement