Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

COYVB wrote: »
    Overall or console exclusives by platform...
    No Man's Sky isn't an exclusive, it's just appearing first on the PS4 via timed exclusivity. I'd imagine we'll see a few other indie games on each platform go the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's only 06.30am in L.A. right now. Pssh. Doors don't open until 9am I imagine. Want to see more games :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

gizmo wrote: »
    No Man's Sky isn't an exclusive, it's just appearing first on the PS4 via timed exclusivity. I'd imagine we'll see a few other indie games on each platform go the same way.

PS4 and PC no? Hadn't seen anything mentioned about an XBO release anyway, but it'd be nice to see it on all platforms given its scope

It's only 06.30am in L.A. right now. Pssh. Doors don't open until 9am I imagine. Want to see more games :p

I think it could be 12 on the first day IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

2 driving sims released (Forza 5 & Forza Horizon 2)

Have to say , that made me laugh

did you just call them sim games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

@FAILSAFE 00

1)PS+ is already giving out free PS4 games since launch, no need to announce that at E3. 2) Watch Dogs was not a PS4 exclusive 3) What new exclusives and IPs did MS show? 4) MS have practically ditched Kinect in the bin and Sony are not pushing Morphus much as it's new tech and want to see where it goes, there is a risk factor there. 5) Why laugh at the name Morphus, it's a code name. The PS4 was Orbis, Xbox One was Durango, Kinect was something mad too.

You seem to be trying to pull Sony apart and being MS fanboi yourself while point the finger at others. Where was MS games with Gold at E3, eh??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Q:whats the first rule of drive club?

A: no one gives a sh1t about drive club.

• Rossi IRL wrote: »

I think he means driving simulators.

I dunno, I thought microsofts presentation was grand, I'd put them both pretty much on par with each other, certainly not the whitewashing that some people seem to reckon. i can believe I'm saying it, but some of microsofts indie selection looked incredible, that cuphead game and the detective game (white night?) had a great art style.

• Q:whats the first rule of drive club?

A: no one gives a sh1t about drive club.

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Absolutely. Deadly game and really looking forward to Horizon 2 :cool:

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Doesn't relate to my point above :confused:

it was just a list of each for people who wanted to see what they were interested in themselves

Burgo wrote: »
    Last year!

last year you had the ps4 and xbox one
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    Yeah 2012. I think there was early speculation of the next gen coming in but instead we got lots of 2014 release dates and not much concrete to go on.

Maybe I'm looking back with ... (Whats the opposite of rose tinted glasses)

anyways. I hated it.

2012 had watch dogs and the wii u

this year has nothing really

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've finally caught up with the Sony conference.

Last year the show they put on made me seriously consider the PS4. This year I somehow felt a similar attraction despite it not being as mind blowing a show.

No Man's Sky looks absolutely breathtaking and is on the top of my watch list.

The Far Cry 4 footage has me even more happy about that game, has that confirmed that it'll be co-op? It did switch to the gyrocopter view at some stage. Also, Wingsuits :D

Finally the Arkham Knight footage was very impressive in how they've put Gotham together so I'm quite pleased with that as I'm quite a fan of those games.

I know it's Nintendo today, but honestly I don't hold out much hope for them to get my attention, they stopped being relevant to me a long time ago.

Where was MS games with Gold at E3, eh??

Found that very surprising actually, since the first 2 XBO GwG titles are now available. Would've expected a bit of a blurb

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    These are two differing opinions, nothing about defending MS. I game on all 3.
    I'm just calling you out with a statement saying the there conference was a joke when it clearly wasn't.

You called me out and I answered.

Now on Forza Horizon being a Sim:

trying-not-to-laugh-o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I am sorry but Xbox is back on point while Sony dilly dallied through their 2 hour marathon.

I seen a load of beta announcements, breadcrumbs for PS Vita, Project NoShow - I mean project Morphorus lol.

Vita did get the shaft but how would sony show off morphorus at a conference it the show floor that it will benefit
    A tonne of filler content to hide the cracks, very little fixed dates for anything coming out on PS4 that is exclusive.

what was all the myyfavourite game stuff at the ms conference there was **** all release date wise for either
    Where's the AAA exclusives, the new IP's?
    This is what I was told to expect from Sony PS4.

niether had much in that regard
    By the time Drive club comes out for PS4 the XB1 will all ready have 2 driving sims released (Forza 5 & Forza Horizon 2)
    and if drive club turns out to be any good no one will care
    It's like Sony and MS have switched places from last year. Sony should be worried, they definitely got taken down a peg.

I have to say the one to watch out for will be Nintendo at E3

did they majority of opinions ive read said sony shaded it losing e3 never takes companies down a peg esp when they've sold almost twice as many as their competitor

i always hope nintendo steal the show and i always end up disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

E3 so far

apcEtqK.jpg

You called me out and I answered.

Now on Forza Horizon being a Sim:

trying-not-to-laugh-o.gif

Where was Gran Turismo? the self proclaimed "real driving simulator" with no car damage, and a choice of 600 cars, 400 of which are a variation of a nissan skyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I wouldn't say Sony's was that much better then Xbox.

However I did feel XB was more geared towards the US market and people who like COD shooters, Titanfall etc

The humour in Sunset Overdrive was very US centric in my view.

Sony's had more of a worldwide or European feel to it which appealed to me more and for the classier type of gamer. No Man's Sky, ABZU have led me to this conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Where was Gran Turismo? the self proclaimed "real driving simulator" with no car damage, and a choice of 600 cars, 400 of which are a variation of a nissan skyline.

Grand turismo is even worse. Why you even bringing that up lol? I think you just miss fired like **** lol.

• RasTa wrote: »
    I wouldn't say Sony's was that much better then Xbox.

However I did feel XB was more geared towards the US market and people who like COD shooters, Titanfall etc

The humour in Sunset Overdrive was very US centric in my view.

Sony's had more of a worldwide or European feel to it which appealed to me more and for the classier type of gamer. No Man's Sky, ABZU have led me to this conclusion.

Forza Horizon 2
    Sunset Overdrive
    Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha
    Project Spark
    Fantasia Music Evolved
    Dance Central Spotlight
    Fable Legends
    Scalebound
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Halo
    Phantom Dust
    Crackdown

I only count 2 shooters in the above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Out of curiosity is it just Far Cry 3 that PS4 users can share with a friend who hasn't got the game?

If so I find that a tad bit limiting to say the least seeing as how XB1 users have been doing this with all games since launch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

PS4 and PC no? Hadn't seen anything mentioned about an XBO release anyway, but it'd be nice to see it on all platforms given its scope
    Well it's being referred to as having it's console début on PS4, being a timed exclusive and coming to PS4 first in various articles online. There's nothing "official" yet but with the lack of a concrete "Only on Playstation" tagline, I'm sure we'll see an announcement about "talking about other platforms later" over the next few days. :)

Certainly agree though, the more platforms this hits the better, it really does look fantastic. Great to see they were able to recover after the flooding earlier in the year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

I'll be very annoyed if DMS comes to PC after a console launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Why does there need to be this constant back and forth between defenders of each brand / console? It's not like you guys personally designed and built the consoles, or own millions of euro worth of shares in the companies. We all love games, right? Let's just love games together. Video games are awesome you guys!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

miju wrote: »
    Out of curiosity is it just Far Cry 3 that PS4 users can share with a friend who hasn't got the game?

If so I find that a tad bit limiting to say the least seeing as how XB1 users have been doing this with all games since launch

Not share, invite them to play while you are playing it on your console, so I'd be able to invite you to play in my game without having to "share" it and you needing to download the game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

miju wrote: »

It is Far Cry 4 and the details are sketchy, they said if a friend has it you can play it for free without having to have the game.

It will probably be like Mario Kart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

This is turning into a typical PS4 vs XbOne flame war now. Lads, both of your ****ty consoles are ****, so trying to say one pile of **** is better than another because it has extra corn doesn't change the fact it is still a pile of ****.

Overall, I really enjoyed Ubisoft's conference. I felt they delivered exactly what people wanted to see and with a nice surprise here and there (Siege and FC4 co-op).

I will certainly be picking up: The Division, Unity, RB6: Siege, Valiant Hearts, and maybe GTAV, but people are saying it is overrated. It was a decent E3, but I think all companies played it a little safe and this was to be expected considering there have been a lot of delays and a lack of proper next gen releases.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Id doubt it seeing as No Mans Sky was shown last year at E3 by Microsoft another example of Sony hyping up something MS has already announced / done

come on man, your a games journalist surely you should know this ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement