Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Why does there need to be this constant back and forth between defenders of each brand / console? It's not like you guys personally designed and built the consoles, or own millions of euro worth of shares in the companies. We all love games, right? Let's just love games together. Video games are awesome you guys!

:)

tumblr_mqf8sxypns1r0it61o1_400.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

NTMK wrote: »
    V
    esp when they've almost twice as many as their competitor

may want to check that ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

RasTa wrote: »
    Sony's had more of a worldwide or European feel to it which appealed to me more and for the classier type of gamer. No Man's Sky, ABZU have led me to this conclusion.

Where you watching same conference as me? I could of sworn all of PS new features were US only.

Wouldn't call that a European feel myself but each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Now for the wait for the kid no one loves anymore. Nintendo need something special here, just one thing. They have the MK8 buzz going on, just need something for the WiiU but I expect the 3DS will have all the love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

miju wrote: »
    Id doubt it seeing as No Mans Sky was shown last year at E3 by Microsoft another example of Sony hyping up something MS has already announced / done

Odd. Wasn't No Man's Sky debuted at VGX last year, not E3? So not an example of Sony doing anything of the sort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Why does there need to be this constant back and forth between defenders of each brand / console? It's not like you guys personally designed and built the consoles, or own millions of euro worth of shares in the companies. We all love games, right? Let's just love games together. Video games are awesome you guys!

:)

Because this post has no annoying gif, it is dead to me…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Nintendo need something special here, just one thing.

My understanding is that they have something huge, but that E3 probably isn't the right place for them to debut it properly so it might go down a little... questionably.

Zelda should fix that though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

COYVB wrote: »
    My understanding is that they have something huge

Mario Maker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Falthyron wrote: »
    This is turning into a typical PS4 vs XbOne flame war now. Lads, both of your ****ty consoles are ****, so trying to say one pile of **** is better than another because it has extra corn doesn't change the fact it is still a pile of ****.

'Hmm, this flame war is annoying but how can I make it even MORE annoying… it's a toughie… I know! I'll play my PC Master Race card!!!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Otacon wrote: »
    Odd. Wasn't No Man's Sky debuted at VGX last year, not E3? So not an example of Sony doing anything of the sort?

Was thinking that too. An odd thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Otacon wrote: »
    Yup, this is correct.

Hello Games already have a relationship with Sony following their publishing deal with Joe Danger, another timed exclusive, on the PS3 so it's not really surprising they've gone the same path again. Nor, I should add, is it any surprise they've decided to do a staggered release given the size of their team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Has there been any announcement from Eidos Montreal on a sequel to Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

joe123 wrote: »
    Has there been any announcement from Eidos Montreal on a sequel to Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Nope, have not heard any more about the game since last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

In this game, you are out to destroy everyone in the most gruesome way possible. Except for the bosses, you have to tickle them into submission. Play the game your way.

Nope, I reckon Square Enix will announce it at the next games show along with the new Hitman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

'Hmm, this flame war is annoying but how can I make it even MORE annoying… it's a toughie… I know! I'll play my PC Master Race card!!!'

Something for the console peasants to unite behind is mutual hatred for the superior race. :pac:

In this game, you are out to destroy everyone in the most gruesome way possible. Except for the bosses, you have to tickle them into submission. Play the game your way.

I played the whole game without killing anyone or setting off any alarm.:confused::confused: Guess it depends how good you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Missed the EA show so decided to watch it on catch up.

Bad idea :mad:

1hr 45mins to Nintendo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Do we know when we will be hearing directly from the likes of Capcom, Telltale Games, Take-Two etc? I know they don't really have their own conferences, but when can we expect smaller announcements?

• Advertisement

I played the whole game without killing anyone or setting off any alarm.:confused::confused: Guess it depends how good you are.

......whoooooooosh

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Falthyron wrote: »
    Something for the console peasants to unite behind is mutual hatred for the superior race. :pac:

Not going to happen, because thats what allways happens lol! :P;)

ibtirNYCHmayOC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Penn wrote: »
    Do we know when we will be hearing directly from the likes of Capcom, Telltale Games, Take-Two etc? I know they don't really have their own conferences, but when can we expect smaller announcements?

today/tomorrow e3 only officially starts today

They will come from the press interview as they explore the show floor over the next few days and more games will be uncovered. Didn't see anything from the new Homefront game, could be good, sort of Fallout without the mutants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

how did you get past the boss battles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

The press releases will kick off in right style once Nintendo is out of the way. If you're not at a conference showing off your game you tend to hold off on your announcements so you don't get ignored (which is ironic, because instead what happens is everyone puts out their pressers at around the same time, and most of them get ignored)

how did you get passed the boss battles?

Well, I don't count them as they are not counted for the trophies/achievements requirements as you have to kill them. Wasn't happy about that as you could avoid them in the very first game released 14 years ago. A step back if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Star Fox is coming to the Wii U, Time Magazine has leaked early pictures :D

Well, I don't count them as they are not counted for the trophies/achievements requirements as you have to kill them. Wasn't happy about that as you could avoid them in the very first game released 14 years ago. A step back if anything.

and thus my point. Also you didn't need to be good to go the whole game without killing setting off an alarm

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah you just needed to be patient
    until the last area where you just needed gas grenades and a shift button

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement