Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Penn wrote: »
    Oh man, the year MS announced the Kinect and had a woman video chat with her twin sister...

My god... I actually had to stop that half way through.. I just couldn't handle it.

That's as big an incentive as any not to watch E3 live! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Fallout 4

• Registered Users Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tok9 wrote: »
    My god... I actually had to stop that half way through.. I just couldn't handle it.

That's as big an incentive as any not to watch E3 live! :P

The whole Kinect announcement was along the same lines. Just ultimate cringe the whole way through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

The whole Kinect announcement was along the same lines. Just ultimate cringe the whole way through

Remember the incredibly uneasy "Milo" part? And after all that showing off how brilliant the tech was they didn't even make it.

Oh man, the year MS announced the Kinect and had a woman video chat with her twin sister...

Dear god, just watched this. "Hey, look, I can call my twin sister who I somehow have zero onstage chemistry with and we can sit and watch a small version of one of the worst movies of the decade together".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Crackdown 3 please. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I cringed more at that than I did at the guy who kept doing the flashback thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just watching a video on ign of what games they're hoping to see at e3 and one mentioned Mirror's Edge 2. I just rewatched the trailer and it made me wonder if it'll actually look like that when released, or even in a new trailer this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Predictions:

Microsoft

Boring as usual. They just can't do a press conference. They'll unveil a new Halo at the end as some big event. However the games they show before Halo will be the more interesting ones. I think they'll have to show some exciting stuff at this so maybe it won't be as dull as usual. There'll be the usual non events of timed exclusive FIFA and cod dlc.

Sony

I kind of think they'll drop the ball on this one. Their all about the games message has done its work already and was pretty much bull (they're the same as the rest of them no worse). I think they'll roll out the media features and really focus on playstation now which at 2am in the morning will cause most people in Ireland to falll asleep. It will be interesting to see what they show as new games. I'm just hoping its not all pre rendered teasers which Sony is too fond of. They'll end the show with something new from naughty dog. Plenty of indie support for vita as well since only Japan is really supporting the machine.

Nintendo

Apologies all round for the lack of wiiu games but look the 3ds just prints money. This will probably follow the same principles as most directs. Some casual rubbish and then the real games. Nintendo will be pulling out all the stops showing off new games. I expect the announcements of new collaborations with other dev studios for wiiu games lots of new reveals and they'll announce a new big game to release for Xmas. They'll probably have the best e3 due to a focus just on games but they really need to show a lot of wiiu support. 3ds could do with some new games as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Predictions:

Microsoft

Boring as usual. They just can't do a press conference. They'll unveil a new Halo at the end as some big event. However the games they show before Halo will be the more interesting ones. I think they'll have to show some exciting stuff at this so maybe it won't be as dull as usual. There'll be the usual non events of timed exclusive FIFA and cod dlc.

The already did that, last year had the brief halo in the desert thing. This year they'll likely have it centre stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I cringed more at that than I did at the guy who kept doing the flashback thing.

Why? Why would you put me through that again?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Varik wrote: »
    The already did that, last year had the brief halo in the desert thing. This year they'll likely have it centre stage.

They'll keep the big guns until last. I'm guessing gameplay footage of the we halo. Also the halo remakes will get an airing.

Either that or Brute Force 2 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Why? Why would you put me through that again?

It wasn't that bad. The MS video posted here was 10x worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It was Brendan O'Carroll on Comic Relief bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They'll keep the big guns until last. I'm guessing gameplay footage of the we halo. Also the halo remakes will get an airing.

Either that or Brute Force 2 :p

They only have stuff at the end when they've little to show, if it's more substantial it'll be nearer the start to put anything that follows in a good light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Varik wrote: »
    They only have stuff at the end when they've little to show, if it's more substantial it'll be nearer the start to put anything that follows in a good light.

I believe ms already stated that dey have too much too show that they had too cut things. So hopefully it wnt be boring. One thing I hate about ms in a conference is that sentence their always using " here at Xbox " or " at Xbox we " it's an Xbox conference you don't need to state what team your on 20times

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How long of a demo will Call of Duty have this year during the MS conference?

Think that's the best thing about Nintendo's digital event - the ability for them to edit a segment if it runs too long. And anything cringeworthy was preplanned. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone expecting anything good from Valve?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Not expecting anything, but the co-creator of Counter Strike has said that HL3 and Left 4 Dead 3 are been worked on. Kind of common knowledge, but perhaps we will see something of Left 4 Dead 3. Really looking forward to that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

I'm hoping for a new Metroid (on 3ds or Wii u). Sony to bring the wipeout devs together to make a VR wipeout. HL3 on Xbox one. More of FF15, some compelling new titles. Maybe a new splinter cell...

What else. FF7 remake. A new ridge racer. Some big name games on vita. Local backwards compatability (not streamed) of PS2 discs on PS4.

Sonic generations on PS4 in 1080/60.

A new starfox. A new FZero. The last guardian. The new Batman or Alien game as a PS plus game to make up for the complete lack of games on plus the last few months (nothing of note since resogun).

More titles like remember me.

Gravity rush on ps4. Star Wars battlefront. Vanquish 2. Next gen mortal kombat. Halo 4 on Xbox one. Gamepad mapping for the Wii emulator. The ability to play arcade or indie PSN games from this gen on PS4 and Xbox one. GameCube and gba games ported to 3ds.

Need for speed the run 2 - did no one else like this? Shadowrun 2. Dead or Alive on ps4/x1. Mirrors edge 2 gameplay. Quantum break release details. Portal 3. Doom 4 trailer.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping for a new Metroid (on 3ds or Wii u). Sony to bring the wipeout devs together to make a VR wipeout. HL3 on Xbox one. More of FF15, some compelling new titles. Maybe a new splinter cell...

What else. FF7 remake. A new ridge racer. Some big name games on vita. Local backwards compatability (not streamed) of PS2 discs on PS4.

Sonic generations on PS4 in 1080/60.

A new starfox. A new FZero. The last guardian. The new Batman or Alien game as a PS plus game to make up for the complete lack of games on plus the last few months (nothing of note since resogun).

More titles like remember me.

Gravity rush on ps4. Star Wars battlefront. Vanquish 2. Next gen mortal kombat. Halo 4 on Xbox one. Gamepad mapping for the Wii emulator. The ability to play arcade or indie PSN games from this gen on PS4 and Xbox one. GameCube and gba games ported to 3ds.

Need for speed the run 2 - did no one else like this? Shadowrun 2. Dead or Alive on ps4/x1. Mirrors edge 2 gameplay. Quantum break release details. Portal 3. Doom 4 trailer.

I loved it, I bought that game and skyrim for christmas for meself, and I mostly played THE RUN while skyrim was gathering dust, the ending of the game left me thinking their would be a second one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I liked The Run for the period I played it, the on foot sections were balls though, old man balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

The run was the worst NFS for almost a decade. Dire stuff. No NFS this year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

COYVB wrote: »
    The run was the worst NFS for almost a decade. Dire stuff. No NFS this year anyway

No way. NFS Undercover was worse than The Run. I actually had a good time with The Run. It was nice and short and had some really good tracks. Plus it was very cheap my the time I picked it up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Any racing game relying on darkness, neon and modding can go and fup right off.
    Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2, lovely jubbly

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

need for speed underground :p the BEST EVERRRRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    need for speed underground :p the BEST EVERRRRRR

Fact.Fond memories of the Honda F2000,the 350z and of course the Nissan Skyline

Need for speed was enjoyable 2.The only other Need for Speed i enjoyed after that was hot pursuit released on the 360.Never bothered with any of them after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

How did I never see the Flashback guy? WOW

Still, the Peggle 2 guy is my favourite, awesome and awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

A Underground reboot would be class, I ain't bought a NFS game since like Carbon ain't really been a NFS that's interested me since Then

• Advertisement

What I would really like to see is zero pre-rendered cutscenes, since they really mean nothing. The best E3 demos I remember are the Zelda Twilight Princess one in 2006 (just a guy playing a dungeon and showing Wii controls), The Last of Us (just 5-10 minutes from the middle of the game) and Watchdogs (same again).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement