Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

These Kirby and Yoshi games look OK but I don’t know if they’re enough to justify full priced disc-based releases. As cheaper download titles I’d take a gamble but wouldn’t pay €60 for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

After only 30mins, Nintendos event is much more exciting than any of the shows from yesterday. Great way to go.

And yet people still won't buy the Wii U :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game, I'm kinda interested in giving one a look now after seeing Hyrule Warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

GIANT

ROBOTS

BEAM SABERS

SPLOSIONS

FLYING

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Falthyron wrote: »
    Yoshi as well, and the Toad game too (iirc).

Toad was holiday 2014 I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

XENOBLADE

"What about Starfox?!"

ZAP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

New Xenoblade game as well, 2015 is gonna be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I thought it was Metroid at the beginning :eek:

Loving this swwitchable graphics ****.

modern mario 3d throws me off.

• Advertisement

Mario Maker looks fun in a "lets Minecraft Mario" kind of way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well played Nintendo. Definitely the best conference of e3 so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm only following on mobile, but is X legitimately called Xenoblade Chronicles as Eurogamer is reporting? Wasn't that the name of the last game too? :pac:

Edit: ah there's an X there too. All good!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is everyone writing their forum entries on twitter? Is there a 140 character limit? 80 pages of 1 liners, fan-boy mud slinging, complaints about trailers versus in game footage and rating the press conferences.

I hope this all gets fed back to the boards of directors of these companies. They should be ashamed for making games, to make money, based on other games people liked which also made money, and to try and sell those games or make them look exciting by making "trailers" or showing off the best bits? for shame.

The games industry really needs to look at itself? If you don't like something, don't but it, don't play it, don't complain about it, don't get on a side of the fence, don't bash fanboys, don't roll your eyes. Just get on with your life and go play stuff you like? Think there's too many FPS games? Newsflash. THERE ARE. Because they are popular. Same way there were thousands of Pogs 20 years ago, cause Pogs were popular. Get on with it. I watched the conferences. I liked some games, i didn't like others, some i'll buy and maybe i'll like them (or not) others i'll give a miss (and maybe i'll be missing out).

These companies make MILLIONS off the decisions people make to buy their games. If people didn't like them, they wouldn't buy them. So someone somewhere is loving the crap out of the games you're rolling your eyes at. Cast ye yer mighty gaze down upon those minions from your ivory tower, let they bath in the light of your superior gaze and know true happiness for once in their miserable FPS loving existances.

I realise this is a discussion thread, but seriously, take a chill pill. This is a gaming conference, not a world peace summit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

At least they're showing actual gameplay not CGI like the others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

BRILLIANT ANNOUCEMENTS BUT TOO MANY GAMES ARE OUT 2015

dry season continuing to be dry

I'm only following on mobile, but is X legitimately called Xenoblade Chronicles as Eurogamer is reporting? Wasn't that the name of the last game too? :pac:

I think it's called Xenoblade Chronicles X

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Why is it that Nintendo waited two years after the release of their new console to create all these sequels? Surely if this is all their fans want, then why make the console suffer for the last two years?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Is everyone writing their forum entries on twitter? Is there a 140 character limit? 80 pages of 1 liners, fan-boy mud slinging, complaints about trailers versus in game footage and rating the press conferences. I hope this all gets fed back to the boards of directors of these companies. They should be ashamed for making games, to make money, based on other games people liked which also made money, and to try and sell those games or make them look exciting by making "trailers" or showing off the best bits? for shame. The games industry really needs to look at itself? If you don't like something, don't but it, don't play it, don't complain about it, don't get on a side of the fence, don't bash fanboys, don't roll your eyes. Just get on with your life and go play stuff you like? Think there's too many FPS games? Newsflash. THERE ARE. Because they are popular. Same way there were thousands of Pogs 20 years ago, cause Pogs were popular. Get on with it. I watched the conferences. I liked some games, i didn't like others, some i'll buy and maybe i'll like them (or not) others i'll give a miss (and maybe i'll be missing out). These companies make MILLIONS off the decisions people make to buy their games. If people didn't like them, they wouldn't buy them. So someone somewhere is loving the crap out of the games you're rolling your eyes at. Cast ye yer mighty gaze down upon those minions from your ivory tower, let they bath in the light of your superior gaze and know true happiness for once in their miserable FPS loving existances. I realise this is a discussion thread, but seriously, take a chill pill. This is a gaming conference, not a world peace summit.

No one will read that until you paragraph it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Edit: ah there's an X there too. All good!

Its a sequel to Chronicles.

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Is everyone writing their forum entries on twitter? Is there a 140 character limit? 80 pages of 1 liners, fan-boy mud slinging, complaints about trailers versus in game footage and rating the press conferences. I hope this all gets fed back to the boards of directors of these companies. They should be ashamed for making games, to make money, based on other games people liked which also made money, and to try and sell those games or make them look exciting by making "trailers" or showing off the best bits? for shame. The games industry really needs to look at itself? If you don't like something, don't but it, don't play it, don't complain about it, don't get on a side of the fence, don't bash fanboys, don't roll your eyes. Just get on with your life and go play stuff you like? Think there's too many FPS games? Newsflash. THERE ARE. Because they are popular. Same way there were thousands of Pogs 20 years ago, cause Pogs were popular. Get on with it. I watched the conferences. I liked some games, i didn't like others, some i'll buy and maybe i'll like them (or not) others i'll give a miss (and maybe i'll be missing out). These companies make MILLIONS off the decisions people make to buy their games. If people didn't like them, they wouldn't buy them. So someone somewhere is loving the crap out of the games you're rolling your eyes at. Cast ye yer mighty gaze down upon those minions from your ivory tower, let they bath in the light of your superior gaze and know true happiness for once in their miserable FPS loving existances. I realise this is a discussion thread, but seriously, take a chill pill. This is a gaming conference, not a world peace summit.
    Wall of text critically hits for 140hp

It's super effective

Overheal blacked out..

Kiith wrote: »
    Well played Nintendo. Definitely the best conference of e3 so far.

Never in doubt :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Why is it that Nintendo waited two years after the release of their new console to create all these sequels? Surely if this is all their fans want, then why make the console suffer for the last two years?

I want some of these games, just on the 3DS.

Maybe they were busy releasing all the brilliant games already out for the system?

Splatoon looks pretty fun and there's definitely something new and interesting here. Nicely done.

Splattoon looks fun!

• Yet to see anything interesting from Nintendo, I'm exhausted from Mario games and kiddish visuals give me something gritty fs.

Metroid or something please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

the saying dont create new ips can die now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yet to see anything interesting room Nintendo, I'm exhausted from Mario games and kiddish visuals give me something gritty fs.

Metroid or something please

Seriously......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Splatoon looks good! Zelda looks interesting, but not really intrigued by the rest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement