Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So it is The Devils Third, maybe Nintendo got pissed at The Times leaking images.

• COYVB wrote: »
    You have no soul

I have no soul because I'm exhausted from Nintendo's nearly key dependency on Mario.

Still absolutely no third party support.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There is your gritty,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I have no soul because I'm exhausted from Nintendos key dependency on Mario.

Yeah, they showed way too much Mario today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

good announcements too many though for 2015 , nintendo needs games now not later , whats exactly out from maro kart 8 reease to smash bros to move systems ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Swear words you can't swear. Werewolves and blood on a Nintendo? Oh my

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

what else is on today ? can't seem to find times for this

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Fair play Nintendo, you put on a very good, funny and interesting show there. I still have no intention of buying a Wii U since so much of what was on offer was 2015 anyway, but there was something for everyone in that show and they did it with style.

Also interesting to note that Nintendo were the only company to feature a host of playable female characters. Female lead games like Tomb Raider or Bayonetta notwithstanding, there's been very little to represent over half the population from the other players in town and despite recent controversy with Same Sex couples in Tamodachi (sp?) Life, it's something Nintendo has, at least in my mind, always been pretty good about. :)

Tomonobu Itagaki is a bit of a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Devils Third looks nuts...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

So basically we have more of the same tripe from Nintendo Mario, Yoshi, Kirby and about 4 Zelda inspired games (I lost count).

This to me is why Nintendo has become an irrelevant console these days, no innovation whatsoever just more of the same platformers.

Another epic fail from Nintendo
    COYVB wrote: »
    And yet people still won't buy the Wii U :(

see above

calex71 wrote: »
    what else is on today ? can't seem to find times for this

That's it. The rest will be websites' coverage from the show floor which opens in an hour

• COYVB wrote: »
    Yeah, they showed way too much Mario today

Yoshi, Mario, Kirby platformers etc...

Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Uncharted: Drakes fortune
    All but one buffer running at 720p (Page 44 onwards)

Some guy measuring the FPS at 30

Uncharted 2
    720p @ 30FPS

Uncharted 3
    720p @ 30FPS

The last of us
    720p @ 30FPS

In each of those games though the graphics got a significant boost compared to the last. Doesn't it make more sense that they just figured a graphics boost was better than a resolution/fps boost? It could happen again this gen I guess, but The Last of Us remaster is 1080/60, and Uncharted 4 is targeting that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

All the stuff that Nintendo showed, that would convince me to buy a Wii U – and there were a few things – aren’t out until 2015. I might just wait until then and hope for a price drop in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

miju wrote: »
    So basically we have more of the same tripe from Nintendo Mario, Yoshi, Kirby and about 4 Zelda inspired games (I lost count).

This to me is why Nintendo has become an irrelevant console these days, no innovation whatsoever just more of the same platformers.

see above

I wouldn't go that far. The 'failure' was not to put these games out a year ago, even two years ago. They are relying on franchises now to recoup some of their losses.

Splatoon looked good!

Shiminay wrote: »
    I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game, I'm kinda interested in giving one a look now after seeing Hyrule Warriors.

Dynasty Warriors 1-4 were great games and I loved playing them but it kind of lost its way after that

3rd person games work fine at 30fps though. Games that you want 60fps in are FPS and racing games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

from what I seen from yesterday we got another assassin creed, fifa, madden , nhl, far cry , uncharted 4 , forza ( etc) announcement that most series had more games than zelda had in the series

again people missing the point nintendo games like mario and zelda are not just any other ip they are legacy ips that change its forumla in each game.

I really do not get why for nintendo its a problem but for everyone else its okay

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Dynasty Warriors 1-4 were great games and I loved playing them but it kind of lost its way after that

Are they on PC?

• Advertisement

see above

Epic Fail :rolleyes: Star Fox, Devils Third, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Open World Zelda and Splatoon :D I think I am more excited for 4 of those 5 games then I was for most of the PS4 show.

These games though should've been out sooner though, that is the biggest fail.

For me Nintendo showed the best stuff at E3 so far. I'm glad I picked up a WiiU now, so while there is nothing this year it will allow me to catch up on all the Wii games I missed as I basically just played the 360 all of last gen.

see above

Honestly, are you that desperate to rationalise and validate your decision to buy one piece of electronic equipment over other pieces of similar electronic equipment?

You own an Xbox One, we get it. Lots of people do. Lots of people in this thread own an Xbox One AND the others. Yet, for some reason, you and a couple of others are tying to make out that those who actually have all the platforms are the ones with some kind of agenda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I have to say that the non Nintendo stuff on the Wii-u doesn't look very good graphics wise.

RasTa wrote: »
    I have to say that the non Nintendo stuff on the Wii-u doesn't look very good graphics wise.

There's non-Nintendo stuff on the Wii U? :P

What is this game and why do they have melons and bananas on their backs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This game looks insanely gorey. :P

COYVB wrote: »
    Give it a rest. You clearly missed the start or you'd know what I was talking about. It wasn't anything to do with games. You'd think a mod would know better

Thought so all mouth :p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

meh this whole e3 has been disappointing, absolutely no surprise announcements anywhere, very few new ips that we havnt heard about before, pew pew cod/battlefield like games left right and centre, little to nothing on battlefront, new mass effect, Bethesda game (2011 was skyrim so they should have been here), last guardian!?! or any cool looking rpg's (witcher 3 notwithstanding)

i remember last gen, i wanted the new consoles for the games before the consoles even came out, now i just cant be bothered with any of them! maybe there will be some good games in late 2015/2016 when the developers stop trying to put every game they make on last gen hardware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I've been told that there was a sequel to Dante's Inferno announced over the last few days, but I cna't find any video evidence. Am I being lied to?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement