Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

COYVB wrote: »
    There's non-Nintendo stuff on the Wii U? :P

Came in late so just caught the last 2 on that IGN stream, no idea what they are called.

What are the Nintendo studio names btw, is it the same for Mario and Zelda etc?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Getting personal here, tone it down please!

COYVB and miju, please take your back and forth to PM thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

RasTa wrote: »
    Came in late so just caught the last 2 on that IGN stream, no idea what they are called.

Typically Nintendo EAD, with different groups on different games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Devils third looks ****ing bonkers :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

3rd person games work fine at 30fps though. Games that you want 60fps in are FPS and racing games.

The camera view hasn't got much to do with frames per second. It's all about how fast the game is and how timing matters. Beyond first-person-shooters and racing there's also fighting games which are pretty much all universally 60fps even on consoles otherwise they'd be trash to the fighting game community. Or 3rd person action games where timing and fast response is crucial like Devil May Cry or Metal Gear Rising (DmC on PS3 is seen as terrible because it's 30fps) I actually cannot stand any game at 30fps anymore unless it's mega slow paced like Silent Hill or something - I can feel the lag and it sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

from what I seen from yesterday we got another assassin creed, fifa, madden , nhl, far cry , uncharted 4 , forza ( etc) announcement that most series had more games than zelda had in the series

again people missing the point nintendo games like mario and zelda are not just any other ip they are legacy ips that change its forumla in each game.

I really do not get why for nintendo its a problem but for everyone else its okay

Because for Nintendo it's just the same characters in different games. Zelda open world great (have always loved Zelda) but then we proceed to Hyrule Warrios with Zelda and Link.

See the difference here between X1, PS4 and their repeat games compared to Nintendo. Even Assasins Creed has never been in the same setting once ao it always offers something different if the core gameplay remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

RasTa wrote: »

1-UP Studio
    Creatures Inc.
    Intelligent Systems
    Monolith Soft
    Nd Cube
    Retro Studios
    Next Level Games
    Shin'en Multimedia

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Nintendo wiped the floor with both Sony and (especially) Microsoft. I can imagine most people who actually enjoy games (as opposed to interactive cut scenes) will get a Wii U in the coming year.

Squidoon looks amazing fun.

I didn't buy the Wii U for the likes of Mass Effect, COD, AC etc, I bought it for the AAA games that only Nintendo can churn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The conferences/digital events in order (IMO obviously)

5. EA
    A poor showing. No real surprises and the games I am interested in were all 'Conceptual Prototypes'.

4. MS
    A decent show with lots of games, but the only ones to get my attention were multi-platform.

3. Nintendo
    A good show. I liked the humour and the pace was good. But the only game that interested me was Zelda. It isn't out until next year and no gameplay was shown. However, it did its job: I will now definitely be getting a Wii U (just not for 12 months).

2. Sony
    A good, if slightly bloated, show. The exclusives shown made up for the slower pace though and have me hyped, such as Uncharted 4, LBP 3 and Bloodborne. The smaller games, like Hotline Miami 2 and ABZU also have me attention.

1. Ubisoft
    Once again, they have the games I'm interested in. Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Unity, Rainbow Six Siege, Valiant Hearts... really good show this year.

A relatively mediocre E3 so far but a few gems thrown around to keep my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just know zelda will be better than anything Sony or MS put out next year. Looks to be enough on the system to justify my purchase of the Wii U anyway. Seems like most of the best games will be multiplatform anyway, so i'll just get the superior versions on PC for now.

PS4 can wait till Christmas I think.

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    Are they on PC?

Playstation I played them all on, but I think from DW 4: Hyper onwards they were avilable on Windows

COYVB wrote: »
    Yet, for some reason, you and a couple of others are tying to make out that those who actually have all the platforms are the ones with some kind of agenda?

I dont need to validate anything I'm very happy with my purcahses btw have I ever said I only have an XB1 ??? ;)

edit: posted before seen mod note

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Nintendo wiped the floor with both Sony and (especially) Microsoft. I can imagine most people who actually enjoy games (as opposed to interactive cut scenes) will get a Wii U in the coming year.

Squidoon looks amazing fun.

I didn't buy the Wii U for the likes of Mass Effect, COD, AC etc, I bought it for the AAA games that only Nintendo can churn out.

Better games on the 3DS now than on the WiiU, and whilst you can't get the exact same, Nintendo release enough on it that there's plenty of great games to feed the Nintendo fan in all of us.

miju wrote: »
    So basically we have more of the same tripe from Nintendo Mario, Yoshi, Kirby and about 4 Zelda inspired games (I lost count).

This to me is why Nintendo has become an irrelevant console these days, no innovation whatsoever just more of the same platformers.

Another epic fail from Nintendo

see above

Lol. It's funny. My Xbox One is gathering dust. I'm playing my Wii U a ton.

There is almost nothing decent to play on either XBO or PS4.

miju wrote: »
    Because for Nintendo it's just the same characters in different games. Zelda open world great (have always loved Zelda) but then we proceed to Hyrule Warrios with Zelda and Link.

See the difference here between X1, PS4 and their repeat games compared to Nintendo. Even Assasins Creed has never been in the same setting once ao it always offers something different if the core gameplay remains.

you mean how ezio was in assassin creed 2 , brotherhood and revelations and you see the same glue to walls platforming and press square to win combat for years from the series ?

I suppose wind waker travelling by seas is the same going to hyrule by land or platforming in the mushroom kingdom is the same for mario jumping from galaxys .

your logic is flawed the issue has always been with nintendo nay sayers is they dont create new characters when it has always been nintendo way and as they put it themselves they can create new characters but prefer to make new games and se established cherished characters with legacys sony and microsoft would fight for so they can sell the game that way.

how many halos are we on now 5 ? including a expansion pack and a strategy game and reselling 4 old games

but sure thats okay again. we have had 7 gran turismos including the proglouge possibly more. how many cod people still buy

at least nintendo are willing to change things up and not afraid. you make a horrble business man if you told your bosses you were going to stop selling your best cars just so you can make the same car except add different engines that could backfire on you

Lol. It's funny. My Xbox One is gathering dust. I'm playing my Wii U a ton.

If its one thing this thread shows its different strokes for difference folks, my reasoning for abandoning Wii U is as I posted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I hate when people post this.

There are plenty of games on all the consoles that are well worth playing.

tok9 wrote: »

Depends on the player, up till this month besides indie games I only had one PS4 game, NBA 2k14 and got Killzone free, as the other games did not interest me, I got Watch_Dogs, Wolfenstein and MLB The Show delivered though today. The Wii U and the Vita have been what I have been playing most since I got my Ps4 at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i can say that theres absolutely nothing right now on any new console that makes me want one! or in the near future really

Just posting that from my own preference and experience. There is nothing I want to buy for either console right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Whats this new crytek game?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Checking in from the bus on the way in this morning. Initial impressions from a quick stop at the show floor yesterday are that this is a smaller show than last year. Seems to be less press interest as well.

I'm not going back over 130 pages. Anyone else here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've no problem if you don't feel the games on a console justify purchasing it, it's just dismissing all games that annoy me.

what annoys me is its kiddy bull****

can you honestly tell me there is a age where you can fcuk it I am not watching pixar films anymore because they are bright fun and there is no blood or nudity to make me feel like a man.

the ones who normally go on about they cant enjoy things cause they look kiddy are the ones acting like kids to begin with

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Checking in from the bus on the way in this morning. Initial impressions from a quick stop at the show floor yesterday are that this is a smaller show than last year. Seems to be less press interest as well.

I'm not going back over 130 pages. Anyone else here?

yeah, seemed much smaller this year. Partly because all the hype last year with two new consoles launching and new games being announced.

This year we knew everything going in, there was only a handful of new stuff really. Sort of killed it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

I've always had a soft spot for Nintendo, so maybe it's nostalgic bias, but I was more impressed with their presentation than anyone else's this E3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not if you have already played all the ones worth playing :(

Long wait for me now in terms of XBone releases for something new, baring digital only games over the summer.

Actually has their been any word on a release for Pier Solar HD , thought they said it would be out in time for e3 :confused:

calex71 wrote: »
    Not if you have already played all the ones worth playing :(

Long wait for me now in terms of XBone releases for something new, baring digital only games over the summer.

Actually has their been any word on a release for Pier Solar HD , thought they said it would be out in time for e3 :confused:

It should of been out this month unless it has been delayed again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I personally think Nintendo were the best.

Wish they announced more titles for the 3DS but as it's doing so well anyway why would they I suppose?

It's the WiiU they need to focus on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement