Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,370 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Still excited about No Man's Sky

Holding my breath for a release year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So Doom 4 was officially announced :

More CGI :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm playing Mario Kart 8 at the minute and can honestly say I haven't had as much fun at home on my own since... Eh....

Anyway, really liked Nintendos offerings albeit we will have to wait but content in what I'm playing at the minute.

Love the look of Batman and I'd love to see more of Uncharted.

I'm a gamer, I like to see decent graphics etc but doesn't really bother me, Grim Fandango... YES!!

I'll get a PS4 when there is something decent to play on it.

And as for reusing ip, give me a break!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Not sure it'll have the same impact post-Carmack but, fwiw, here's the E3 Doom 4 teaser reveal.

Edit: Spooky simultaneous posting ahoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So is there any other big event or will there just be a series of announcements?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

As I'm wandering around, looks like Activisiom have the same booth as last year. EA's also looks similar. Nice batmobile though, on the floor, if a bit plastic looking.

There is a lot of open space on the floor, and only some of it is due to the open-plan booths.

As I'm wandering around, looks like Activisiom have the same booth as last year. EA's also looks similar. Nice batmobile though, on the floor, if a bit plastic looking.

There is a lot of open space on the floor, and only some of it is due to the open-plan booths.

Find No Man's Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

tok9 wrote: »
    So is there any other big event or will there just be a series of announcements?

Conference stuff is now done. Check out what the various websites are offering from their video feeds and go from there. There'll be no shortage of coverage for you to watch anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

tok9 wrote: »

Pretty much all press conferences are over. I know there is Konami's but they said it will be gameplay of MGSV that will not hit the net. Press invite only. But you know yourself.

But judging from past e3 expos. Today is the day that anything thats cool gets revealed from the show floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Devils third could be a good "adult themed" WiiU release scheduled for this year!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Had a blast with the WiiU and 3DS releases.
    I liked Nintendo's presentation the most.
    That new Zelda game looks very very nice but I'd have loved to see more of that world.
    The Kirby game looks lovely, a sequel to an innovative DS game and in claymation!
    And the Yoshi Yarn game looks superb.
    Not to mention the two quite different interpretations of Smash Bros.
    And those NFC figures and integration into MK8 and Smash Bros. Tons to look forward to

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Another E3 and yet another year where Nintendo did not announce a sequel to The World Ends With You, that is the only thing I could find fault with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Xenji wrote: »
    Another E3 and yet another year where Nintendo did not announce a sequel to The World Ends With You, that is the only thing I could find fault with.

The WiiU with its extra screen would be perfect. Such a unique game though, a straight sequel mightn't work.

iamtony wrote: »
    Devils third could be a good "adult themed" WiiU release scheduled for this year!

The lack of transition when you aim down the scope is baffling though. It's all I see when I look at the videos

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Interesting that, while about to promote the NFC enabled figurines in Super Smash Bros and MK8 they name checked both Disney Infinity and Skylanders.
    I thought that was cool of them, even though both properties are coming to WiiU and might be viewed as competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Interesting that, while about to promote the NFC enabled figurines in Super Smash Bros and MK8 they name checked both Disney Infinity and Skylanders.
    I thought that was cool of them, even though both properties are coming to WiiU and might be viewed as competition.
    Those Amiibo things have the potential to be absolutely huge Im an adult an I could see myself buying a few I can visualise a school kid craze with them.......or else they will fail miserably!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Off topic posts deleted, definitely not the thread for that discussion I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,018 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't get the Amiibo integration into Smash. So you use a Mario figure to play as Mario in the game, even though he's already there?

Off topic posts deleted, definitely not the thread for that discussion I'm afraid.

Okay to point him to the relevant forum on boards?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I don't get the Amiibo integration into Smash. So you use a Mario figure to play as Mario in the game, even though he's already there?

You can customize the crap out of your Mario and bring the Amiibo to your mate's house and continue on using it, I assume continuing to track your record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

There's no sign of Dishonoured 2, I thought it was meant to be shown at e3?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,018 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Miyamoto on Treehouse showin off 2 of his 3 new projects. Not Starfox
    http://e3.nintendo.com/treehouse/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Miyamoto on Treehouse showin off 2 of his 3 new projects. Not Starfox
    http://e3.nintendo.com/treehouse/

Project Giant Robot looked a bit boring, Project Guard maybe more interesting. They look pretty poor quality compared to the bigger games announced earlier, or maybe they're just very early in their development?

• So Doom 4 was officially announced :

More CGI :pac:

**** yes, that's more Like it!

Games-com baby bring it on :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Well, just came out of the Civ Beyond Earth alpha briefing. It's a civ game. Unsurprisingly. If it has enough tweaks to distinguish it from the rest of the series, I'm not sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

iamtony wrote: »
    Those Amiibo things have the potential to be absolutely huge Im an adult an I could see myself buying a few I can visualise a school kid craze with them.......or else they will fail miserably!

Are these not the same as the Disney Infinity that figures launched a year or so ago that flopped?

Id imagine pricing point will be important here as the last ones were like 40 quid a pop or something which didn't help. Im back to my ealier point :(

Well, just came out of the Civ Beyond Earth alpha briefing. It's a civ game. Unsurprisingly. If it has enough tweaks to distinguish it from the rest of the series, I'm not sure.

Any VR stuff? Occulus Rift? Sony's project Morpheus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Hey guys. Anyone able to summarise the highlights of today so far for me perchance? Has anything actually been on? Was on a bus to Donegal so I missed it all if so.

• Doom 4 is releasing August 2015 so that means were also getting Half Life 3 in November 2015 :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Starfox Wii-U about a year away according to Miyamoto.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement