Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

C14N wrote: »
    What I would really like to see is zero pre-rendered cutscenes, since they really mean nothing. The best E3 demos I remember are the Zelda Twilight Princess one in 2006 (just a guy playing a dungeon and showing Wii controls), The Last of Us (just 5-10 minutes from the middle of the game) and Watchdogs (same again).

This. A pre rendered trailer essentially tells us nothing about a game, except maybe a tiny snippet of its story, whatever. The best trailers or demos are the ones with gameplay, hence why I always like the call of duty demos at the MS conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Another ten minutes of gameplay from the division will be keep me going for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Looks like we are into the time-frame where everything gets 'leaked' BEFORE e3.

That's what I miss about e3 from say a decade ago :p Stuff would actually debut at the event. Not online a week or two before hand. Also made watching the Sony, Microsoft etc press conferences more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Twitch have their schedule up which includes a number of unannounced games
    http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/06/twitch-broadcast-schedule-for-e3/

Assuming by "unannounced" it doesn't just mean they haven't said what game they'll show in that slot, we'll get loads of new announcements at E3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

CastorTroy wrote: »

Assuming by "unannounced" it doesn't just mean they haven't said what game they'll show in that slot, we'll get loads of new announcements at E3

wow looks like it will be alot more interesting too watch this year then last year in terms of games been shown :) everyday looks quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they have witcher 3 on fairly damn late on the monday :/

I'm in my thirties, I can't be staying up until past 1am anymore. I'll suffer for the rest of the week

You won't be up past 1. It's on at 12:30. Can watch it while taking your teeth out and removing your toupee. :p

(I'm 33)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's one of those newer ones that you can sleep in actually, a revelation in hair simulation technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Is "Nintendo Digital Event" the Nintendo pre-recorded press-conference thingy?

Yep. The 5 main ones are

Monday
    •9:30am – Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing (5:30pm here)
    •1:00pm – EA Special Event (9pm here)
    •3:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing (11 pm here)
    •6:00pm – PlayStation E3 2014 Press Conference (2am Tuesday here)

Tuesday
    •9:00am – Nintendo Digital Event (5pm here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There better be something from Bioware on the next Mass Effect title or I will lose my junk. I am literally obsessed with Mass Effect right now. This hasn't happened to me since I was a teenager.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nintendo Event is the one I'm waiting for.
    I have a feeling it'll either give hope or dash it for the current WiiU console.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nintendo Event is the one I'm waiting for.
    I have a feeling it'll either give hope or dash it for the current WiiU console.

Yup, same here, other than the new Uncharted and maybe a new Bioshock, its all about Nintendo.

I totally want the Gamecube VC to be announced at e3 with Luigi's Mansion 1 as the launch title for it during this Summer, then an announcement for Lugi's Mansion 3 for the Wii U for Xmas. And I want them to announce DLC for MK8.

I'd say its almost certain we'll see Gamecube VC games. Bit odd to do a special gamecube controller just for smash bros otherwise.

Yeah thats what I thought. I guess its all about the adapter for the GC controller, which most of us have, wavebirds ftw.

God, I wish they just stayed with the GC controlller for the Wii and then the Wii U and just updated it. Although, I'm using the Pro controller for MK8, its super effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I would give my left nut for a new F-Zero, give how Mario Kart Wii-U looks/plays.

Would like to see some
    Arkham Knight
    Far Cry 4
    Something/anything Civ Beyond Earth or X-Com Related
    A New Zelda thats not cartoony
    Uncharted 4
    Mass Effect MMO

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Actually, are the triggers on the Pro Controller analogue, like the GC triggers were?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

New Zelda for WiiU
    Half Life 3
    Fallout 4
    Shenmue 3

Actually, are the triggers on the Pro Controller analogue, like the GC triggers were?

No :(, digital.
    Thats why people are thinking Nintendo are gonna announce a VC for the Gamecube games at e3 since they announced an adapter for the Gamecube Controller to play on the Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No :(, digital.
    Thats why people are thinking Nintendo are gonna announce a VC for the Gamecube games at e3 since they announced an adapter for the Gamecube Controller to play on the Wii U.

Yeah, that's what I thought too! I was sure the triggers were digital, just wanted to double check!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well looks like we won't be seeing anything Media molecule related anyway.

NhOOPgI.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Damn. Gamescom hopefully then.

Weren't they the ones showing off that Move stuff at the PS4 event?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Weren't they the ones showing off that Move stuff at the PS4 event?

Yeah, but that was mainly a concept afaik.
    Rumor is they're working on some big Morpheus game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I thought about this for a few days now and this is what I would love to see.

The Legend of Zelda for wii u
    Majoras Mask
    New Metroid game
    The Last Guardian
    Project Beast
    Mortal Kombat Gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What I really want to see is Nintendo knocking it out of the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Do Nintendo have a show this year? Other than the direct that is..

Their stuff will be on the show floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I've become such an console head in my older years... Is it bad I want to see something from U4 and TLOU revamp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

.ak wrote: »
    I've become such an console head in my older years... Is it bad I want to see something from U4 and TLOU revamp?

TLOU Remastered is out in a week or two AFAIK.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement