Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But Nintendo weren't at E3, remember? :) Funny how many of the sites that led with that headline are praising Nintendo for what they did

Just because they didn't have a conference on a stage in front of a live audience doesn't mean they 'weren't at E3'. Their Digital Event was their pre-prepared E3 conference equivalent, and tbh, works better that way too. More streamlined and polished.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Is that because they dont have a live stage conference anymore to spawn cringe inducing moments from like MS and Sony do?

Yeah, think some of the press were just annoyed with them because it inconveniences them. But also I think overall they're not happy with Nintendo delivering all their news themselves all through the yea with Directs, etc.

But Nintendo's new format is great, The Digital Event was short and to the point and I'm sure if there were any awkward demos, they were edited out. :)

Plus the Nintendo Treehouse is a curse. I decided to check it out for a few mins last night, next thing I knew I was going to bed at 2:30 after the Smash Invitational.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just because they didn't have a conference on a stage in front of a live audience doesn't mean they 'weren't at E3'. Their Digital Event was their pre-prepared E3 conference equivalent, and tbh, works better that way too. More streamlined and polished.

I was joking since those were the headlines I saw being used when Nintendo announced their plans.

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah it's exactly like borderlands, was apparent in the gameplay trailer from last year too. It even has legendary weapons and all that kind of thing.

It was my first glimpse at the actual gameplay so wasn't sure what to make of it.

I'm actually a little bit excited for it now. Hopefully they add something fresh to the formula though. I like the idea of the hub-world. Reminds me of the citadel in Mass Effect or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It is like Mass Effect with the setting and third person view in the hub alright. I'm liking this the more I see it, I was on the fence about it but it's dragging me in bit by bit. Can't wait for the beta to kick off next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,752 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Microsoft's stand is utterly surrounded by Playstation's...

Have you played Evolve? Is that out on the floor?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Jebus, have we been watching the same game? Destiny looks shockingly boring and bland to me, it's all been done before. Nothing exciting about the look of it (steals a lot from Warframe and Planetside 2 I think) and it seems to just be a Borderlands clone that takes itself way too seriously.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll still be playing it because I'm a sucker for space opera's and shooters, but in all honesty the way Bungie were going on before we saw anything of the game I was expecting something closer to No Man's Sky but with more guns. It really does just look like Borderlands in a more serious setting to me.

I so need a release window for no mans sky

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Overheal wrote: »
    I so need a release window for no mans sky

It's going to be bloody ages till it's released, and it's going to feel even longer :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Kiith wrote: »
    It's going to be bloody ages till it's released, and it's going to feel even longer :(

Lets keep emailing him till he sends us a beta :pac:

Given the freedom i would love to build a Destiny ship: head out into deep space seeding the route with jump gates

The moment I get the chance I want to hop galaxies

What I do like about Destiny is the art style settings an backdrops which is very Halo/Warframe/Mass Effect based. Also the day/night cycles will change things up on the different levels.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Given the freedom i would love to build a Destiny ship: head out into deep space seeding the route with jump gates

The moment I get the chance I want to hop galaxies

Off topic: You read Hyperion by Dan Simmons? You'd enjoy it for the stargates (farcaster portals as they're called) alone.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Off topic: You read Hyperion by Dan Simmons? You'd enjoy it for the stargates (farcaster portals as they're called) alone.

I'll look into it.

I will forsake my long PC master race roots right now: if no mans Sky became a ps4 exclusive, and/or came bundled with Morpheus and the console. Hell. I would buy it. The first console I will have bought in well ok technically ever as all my consoles were gifts unless you count my N64? No that was a gift too. Whatever FVUK IT I WOULD BUY A CONSOLE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It won't be console exclusive.

It won't be.

Won't.

Kiith wrote: »
    It won't be console exclusive.

It won't be.

Won't.

I mean even if it ain't if it ran on Morpheus id abandon my real life

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Could just get it on the rift ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Magill wrote: »
    Could just get it on the rift ?

Imagine all the sponsored ads that will be obscuring your view on the rift though...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

This is one of the things that I always find off putting about RPGs. Why am I bothering to level up if I never actually perceive myself as having gotten more powerful? What's the point in +1 strength when all my opponents get +1 defense?

I like the idea of enemies that will rip you to shreds if you encounter them early, but become manageable later. Or enemies that are a decent opponent early on, but fall before you in swathes later.

Dark Souls got it spot on, you can wander into areas totally underpowered early on and get obliterated, and come back later and cut through things not a bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Imagine all the sponsored ads that will be obscuring your view on the rift though...

haha, and farmville requests !!

krudler wrote: »
    Dark Souls got it spot on, you can wander into areas totally underpowered early on and get obliterated, and come back later and cut through things not a bother.

Fallout 3 was fairly similar once you left the vault. You could not go in certain parts of the map unless you could run very fast from everything because you had nothing that could hurt them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Have you played Evolve? Is that out on the floor?

I'll take a look.

Swung by Activision. They were running the promo of Advanced Warfare. I have to say, a very effective presentation, with wind blasts hitting you in the chopper scenes, an intriguing plot, surround vision etc. however, as a promo, the one thing it didn't show much of was standard gameplay, it was all far too hectic, for dramatic effect.

It's an interesting take on the near future, some nice technological tweaks while still apparently keeping a good first person shooter format. Unsure if I personally want to play it, but it may do well.

Ill stick to Titanfall. I saw they have a 1:2 scale replica of an Atlas at the show too!

Wait nope it's 1:1. Well played EA

E3_Atlas_opt.jpeg
    Respawn_Titanfall-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Wait nope it's 1:1. Well played EA
    I really hope someone tries to rodeo it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ill stick to Titanfall. I saw they have a 1:2 scale replica of an Atlas at the show too!

I was all "Did they seriously have the gall to create a stompy robot, refer to it as a 'mech' and then call it 'Atlas'?"

Then I remembered that Microsoft owns Mechwarrior, so that might have something to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Fallout 3 was fairly similar once you left the vault. You could not go in certain parts of the map unless you could run very fast from everything because you had nothing that could hurt them.

No Fallout had scaling as did Skyrim. Both not as bad/obvious as Oblivion though.

I remember reading about it before where they had an in depth discussio on it. In Fallout the level scaling was staggered. So enemies would raise in level to say level 5. Super mutants would not appear until you became a certain level and then they scaled with you to a certain point. Same with Deathclaws and the rest.

So yeah, Bethesda stop the bloody scaling!

If im not mistaken, the last time they didnt use scaling was in Morrowind. Correct me if im wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is there a place where i can find a list of all new games coming to each console/PC from E3??

(That doesnt put a 100 ads in my face every second)

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    Is there a place where i can find a list of all new games coming to each console/PC from E3??

(That doesnt put a 100 ads in my face every second)

For a start, get ad block plus and popup blocker for your browser and say good bye to adds for good unless you are on some very dodgy sites.

After that the list of games is still on going as E3 finished up tonight/early morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement