Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

That was last year. It's currently across the street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Overheal wrote: »
    Wait nope it's 1:1. Well played EA

E3_Atlas_opt.jpeg

Is that not from last year though? That dude with the Titanfall in his hair works at Respawn. I worked with his dad and they did the whole hair thing last year (they have done some crazy designs in the past!), but perhaps they have done it again this year too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Looking at the poster for Murdered Soul Suspect, has to be this year. That game was not even announced last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

It's last year. There's a poster for Thief in the background.. Murdered SS was at E3 last year.

Looking at the poster for Murdered Soul Suspect, has to be this year. That game was not even announced last year.

Ah I see, wasn't aware of that!

• Advertisement

Deano7788 wrote: »
    It's last year. There's a poster for Thief in the background.. Murdered SS was at E3 last year.

Just noticed the Thief poster, didn't think Murdered SS was there at all last year but, yep it was.

Deano7788 wrote: »

Ah thought so! To be honest, I've never even heard of Murdered: Soul Suspect :o

Benzino wrote: »
    Ah thought so! To be honest, I've never even heard of Murdered: Soul Suspect :o

It's only released, not great reviews. Good concept and ideas but it just didn't come together very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

For a start, get ad block plus and popup blocker for your browser and say good bye to adds for good unless you are on some very dodgy sites.

After that the list of games is still on going as E3 finished up tonight/early morning.

I'm not referring to pop ups, most sites link you to an add with a "click here to continue to the page you actually wanted" somewhere on screen, and if they have a link to a trailer for the game, they usually make you watch a long ass trailer each time you load the vid, its annoying as ****. Not all pop ups

Basically im out of the game with regards to reviewing games and am looking for some decent sites which dont whore advertisements at you, heck i used to use gamespy for reviews thats how long ago!

The Wii-U is sparking interest for me, a console hasnt done that since the ps2/gamecube generation.. Everything before that was glorious, everything in between has been mostly a bucket of **** so i didnt bother..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kiith wrote: »
    Damn, i should have taken those Vita PS+ games when i had the chance...

I get everything on psn+ regardless of whether I plan on playing it or not, handing having the option there down the road to get stuff

• Advertisement

Evolve is on the floor, and it is playable. However, I'm not about t stand in line for it. The company is doing a stream though, so you can watch it live

• Registered Users Posts: 82,753 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Evolve is on the floor, and it is playable. However, I'm not about t stand in line for it. The company is doing a stream though, so you can watch it live

What's been your favorite of the show? How is the food and the swag?

I have achieved very little swag, but I am not willing to stand in line for it either. Which is a bit daft: as a business, not a consumer event, most everyone here has stuff they need to do and can't hang around for ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Overheal wrote: »
    What's been your favorite of the show? How is the food and the swag?

More importantly is the food in 1080p :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

More importantly is the food in 1080p :P

It is, but he can only do 30 chews per second...:pac::pac:

Stream of the E3 attendees playing Evolve is on the hour every hour at twitch.tv/evolve.

agenda: brew sweet tea, stream match to HT system

Interesting comments from SCEA regarding GTA V on the PS4:
    CVG wrote:
    SCEA marketing vice president John Koller confirmed to Kotaku that the PS4 version will have a certain something to make it the most appealing option.

"I don't think we announced anything publicly on that, but there will be," Koller said.

Koller revealed that the game's index rate - "the amount of people who purchase one platform or the other relative to the install base" - swung "well in PlayStation's favor" for the initial release of GTA V. That was thanks in part to a partnership with Rockstar which included cross-advertising efforts and hardware bundles.

"We would expect that to happen here, too," Koller said. "GTA is a PlayStation franchise. It started with us. We really feel strongly that it belongs as a key platform driver for us."

Koller was evasive about GTA 5's PS4-exclusive elements, saying that the game and the franchise will be "very special on PlayStation."

Source

In-game PS4 hats! You heard it here first ;)

Edit: With Xbox one version getting exclusive Xbox hats. Nothing for PC users, cause nobody cares about them :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Nothing for PC users, cause nobody cares about them :p

That's ok, we'll be able to mod our own hats in, with blackjack and hookers just like we've always done.

Shiminay wrote: »
    That's ok, we'll be able to mod our own hats in, with blackjack and hookers just like we've always done.

Ah I love the PC, how could you not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I have achieved very little swag, but I am not willing to stand in line for it either. Which is a bit daft: as a business, not a consumer event, most everyone here has stuff they need to do and can't hang around for ever.

do you mind if I ask what you work as?

Evolve tournament isnt streaming for a couple hours. wah!

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    do you mind if I ask what you work as?

He's US military.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

In-game PS4 hats! You heard it here first ;)

Edit: With Xbox one version getting exclusive Xbox hats. Nothing for PC users, cause nobody cares about them :p

I think after Hat Fortress 2, if there were more hats added to the PC then there would be a hat-pocalypse, with fedoras falling from the sky, top hats bludgeoning old ladies on the streets, and enough flat caps to give even a Healy-Ray a heart attack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Typically the only folks stuck in lines for too long from a writer perspective are those who:

Are at their first e3 and don't know the ropes,
    Forgot to plan their demo times with companies ahead of schedule
    Got caught out with an unexpected game from a company whose advance arrangement mails they ignored
    Writes for an outlet the pr folks either don't know exists or don't deem important enough to care about

I have been all those people at one stage or another

The evolve tournament was quite the spectacle. That game will be a mass favorite when it lands in october

He's US military.

Yes, but I'm here with wargaming.net, my full time job.

On that note, World of Warships looks might interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am not really digging Bungie's Destiny at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I am not really digging Bungie's Destiny at the moment.

Is it just like Planetside or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement