Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Scrublord420

Surely all video games are CGI? :pac:

What is CGI?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Surely all video games are CGI? :pac:

Touché :D

What is CGI?

Computer Generated Image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Benzino wrote: »
    Computer Generated Image

ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

We can take goats.. give me MGS now!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What is CGI?

Did.... did you really have to ask this question? :confused:

It's 2014 and you're on a forum for Games and you really didn't know what CGI means? Too much of the 420 there Scrub...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Well Kojima showed some gameplay, albeit not much, looked very good.

Bp7SgB7CMAAQpW6.jpg

Shiminay wrote: »
    Did.... did you really have to ask this question? :confused:

It's 2014 and you're on a forum for Games and you really didn't know what CGI means? Too much of the 420 there Scrub...

Hhaha yeah i know its just i forot bcause i am in the middle of these crazy ass state exams what do you expect :D

• Advertisement

Hhaha yeah i know its just i forot bcause i am in the middle of these crazy ass state exams what do you expect :D

Omg this keyboard

ojslmm.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I HATED the fulton in Peace Walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tok9 wrote: »
    Ha.. this is actually very true. Could be looking at 100GB and more!

Unless they're going down the multi-disk route it's still stuck at 50GB for dual layer.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I can't understand why the xbox one and PS4 are shipping with 500GB hard-drives, two or three games and the thing is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Xenji wrote: »
    Bp7SgB7CMAAQpW6.jpg

The sheep even shows up at your homebase afterwards, wonder if you could bring him on missions with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I can't understand why the xbox one and PS4 are shipping with 500GB hard-drives, two or three games and the thing is full.

Stuck a 1TB hybrid drive into my PS4, have a good few games and ****e installed and still have about 650gb free, still should have went bigger.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Name one game that is >200GB? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ah now... I've Watchdogs, AC4, Trials Fusion, Octodad, Trials, Transistor, all the F2P games, all the PS+ games and a good few others I'm forgetting and I'm nowhere near full.

I get your point but it's not bad and the HD is one of the cheapest and easiest things to replace.

• I can't understand why the xbox one and PS4 are shipping with 500GB hard-drives, two or three games and the thing is full.

Agree that its stupidity that there's not more space but two or three games is bit of a fib. I have 5 games on my x1 hdd and its half full.

• Advertisement

Reduce costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Name one game that is >200GB? :eek:

Two or three games is dogging it alright, but still if they average around 40-50GB each it's still only about 10 games, I wouldn't really consider that much space especially if you need to be downloading system updates and the like as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah to reduce costs, also I think you can just plug your HD into the USB on the Xbox for more space.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Not really, I have amload of stuff on my PS4 as it is. BF4 digital + all DLC, inFamous SS digital, Wolfenstein digital, Warframe, War Thunder and a few other game installs. Still loads of room.

At least you can put in a higher capacity HDD into the PS4 for next to nothing. Not an option for the X1 though. You can put an SSD into the PS4 and boost loading times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Agree that its stupidity that there's not more space but two or three games is bit of a fib. I have 5 games on my x1 hdd and its half full.
    The Xbox One seems a lot better for it tbh. I've had 40-something PS4 games installed at one time or another and am very regularly deleting to install new games, and hovering very close to maxing it out all the time. The One, on the other hand, hasn't seen quite as much variety for me, but still in the region of 20+ games, and capacity has yet to be troubled.

Some games are just ridiculously large on PS4, though. MLB, Thief, Killzone, Wolfenstein and DCUO are all in excess of 30GB each

At least you can put in a higher capacity HDD into the PS4 for next to nothing. Not an option for the X1 though

You just hook up an external HD to the Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

COYVB wrote: »
    Some games are just ridiculously large on PS4, though. MLB, Thief, Killzone, Wolfenstein and DCUO are all in excess of 30GB each

Partly because the PS4 has natively higher res textures than it's X1's counter parts and partly because of the compression method used on the PS4.

Wolfenstein is a 51gb download on the PS4 and all.

• Partly because the PS4 has natively higher res textures than it's X1's counter parts and partly because of the compression method used on the PS4.

Wolfenstein is a 51gb download on the PS4 and all.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

X1 version is taking up 54GB on mine when I installed, and a day one patch to boot. It's massive on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Two or three games is dogging it alright, but still if they average around 40-50GB each it's still only about 10 games, I wouldn't really consider that much space especially if you need to be downloading system updates and the like as well.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd never be juggling 10 games at once anyway. Two or 3 tops, anything else I've either finished or lost interest in, so I'd never need to have 10 games installed simultaneously.

Regardless of that though, you can just replace the drive on the PS4 if it's too small for you. I don't know if you can do that on the XBone too. Having a 1TB+ drive in there would increase costs and they already make a loss on the first run of a new generation.

• Advertisement

Big discs, high speed broadband and large(r) hard drives = laziness in terms of file size IMO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement