Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Benzino wrote: »
    Surprised to hear nothing on H1Z1, didn't they say there was only be an alpha pretty soon?

Hear what, they live steam it almost daily and the devs are constantly answering questioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Varik wrote: »
    Hear what, they live steam it almost daily and the devs are constantly answering questioning.

Well information about the alpha that is meant to be coming out soon. Also, not everybody follows or is aware of their twitch, E3 was a good place to showcase it to the masses, just surprised it wasn't even mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Had heard rumours Guerrilla Games new RPG for the PS4 was gonna be shown but not a peep on that either. Guess Sony is still holding a few cards close to their chests.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Had heard rumours Guerrilla Games new RPG for the PS4 was gonna be shown but not a peep on that either. Guess Sony is still holding a few cards close to their chests.

They said it was too early to show the week before e3. I guess it might show up at gamescom.

tok9 wrote: »
    They said it was too early to show the week before e3. I guess it might show up at gamescom.

So they are definitely working on an RPG? Interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Surprised to hear nothing on H1Z1, didn't they say there was only be an alpha pretty soon?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Spotted this on Imgur and thought it was worth sharing.

E6M7b2U.png
    YTKD12y.png
    Yq89zvy.png
    CXnu8F1.png
    RUZELy5.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Somehow those pie charts will be MS fanboys too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

miju wrote: »
    Somehow those pie charts will be MS fanboys too :p

Not really. The only thing in that chart that is a positive for MS is the Release Date stat. Most of the stats are really superficial. The exclusive stat is slightly in PS favour (Nintendo aside as they don't do 3rd party) So if an MS fan was using that as a stick to beat anyone with it would be pointless as it basically showed... well, nothing really :P

Also theres no infographic for "Quality of title announced" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Exactly. It doesn't matter how many games are shooters, exclusives, gameplay trailers etc, because it's far too subjective. PS4 having more shooting games is a good thing if you prefer shooting games and a bad thing if you don't.

What it really boils down to is what games you want to play the most. And for me personally, not being a Nintendo/Mario/Zelda/SSB fan, the clear winner in terms of the games that I want to play the most, was Ubisoft (minus Just Dance and the Kinect fitness game obviously).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm just wondering which of the Nintendo reveals were counted as "nothing like gameplay"? :confused:

E3 related.

Konami are going to show the MGS5 Demo during this broadcast and it is in English (when the demo starts)

http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/19/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-ps4-live-here/

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I'm just wondering which of the Nintendo reveals were counted as "nothing like gameplay"? :confused:

Star Fox? Possibly Zelda?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Star Fox? Possibly Zelda?

Star Fox just is not ready and far to early to show anything other than game concept.
    Zelda is another thing, it looks amazing if that is the quality of the game engine when it ships. Don't know if or how they managed to squeeze that eye candy out of the WiiU at that scale.

Star Fox just is not ready and far to early to show anything other than game concept.
    Zelda is another thing, it looks amazing if that is the quality of the game engine when it ships. Don't know if or how they managed to squeeze that eye candy out of the WiiU at that scale.

I agree, I'm just saying what the charts might be referencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Time spent on amiibo and robot chicken stuff maybe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,579 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Time spent on amiibo and robot chicken stuff maybe

I think Amiibo counts as gameplay, or at least gameplay related.

Here is MGS5:The Phantom Pain demo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think Amiibo counts as gameplay, or at least gameplay related.

I'd think so too but I'm not sure how the site divided it up and it seemed high without it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The one thing those graphs do show is exactly how determined MS were to have a good showing this year - I think we can probably agree it wasn't bad at all and the slew of indie stuff they showed us resulted in the most interest for me I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,579 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It does seem to me that it will be late 2015 before we have anything like a real sign of the form of these machines, XB1, PS4 and WiiU, with much of their premium exclusives only emerging in that year, plus plenty of SDK and firmware refinements to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It does seem to me that it will be late 2015 before we have anything like a real sign of the form of these machines, XB1, PS4 and WiiU, with much of their premium exclusives only emerging in that year, plus plenty of SDK and firmware refinements to come.

Yeah pretty much. Generation 8 will not really kick off till 2015 and developers start to let go of gen 7 systems. IGN have an article on it. While generation 6 was dropped fairly fast when it was just the 360 leading the charge for a while, 7 is hanging in there and sort of holding back what the new consoles can do.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/18/e3-2014-how-ubisoft-activision-and-ea-are-preparing-for-a-next-gen-only-future

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

tok9 wrote: »

Theres a very stark difference between the Jim Ryan and Phil Spencer interviews I think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pretty impressed by these GameCentral lads, being part of the Metro would instantly put me off as it is a load of ****e mostly, but their questioning is very frank and they don't hold back much. Two good interviews.

Ha, that interviewer didn't hold back! Has he done interviews with MS and Nintendo?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Ha, that interviewer didn't hold back! Has he done interviews with MS and Nintendo?

Just Phil Spencer

Though he has interviewed Jim Ryan a few times now (at the PS4 unveiling, E3 and gamescom). Jim is well able to keep up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

maximoose wrote: »
    Pretty impressed by these GameCentral lads, being part of the Metro would instantly put me off as it is a load of ****e mostly, but their questioning is very frank and they don't hold back much. Two good interviews.

Gamecentral are really good. They used to be on Teletext on Channel 4 and when teletext was shut down they moved online. You should read their reviews too, usually very good.
    Otacon wrote: »
    Just Phil Spencer

Though he has interviewed Jim Ryan a few times now (at the PS4 unveiling, E3 and gamescom). Jim is well able to keep up too.

They've a interview with someone from Assassin's Creed Unity too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Have to admit, I sort of dismissed them as they were Metro, but the Spencer and Ryan interviews are the two best articles I've seen come out of E3.

You have to wonder what the Xbox One would have looked like if Spencer was in charge from 2010 onwards.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Have to admit, I sort of dismissed them as they were Metro, but the Spencer and Ryan interviews are the two best articles I've seen come out of E3.

I completely agree, some of the questions they asked and how they asked them actually shocked me. Very entertaining seeing the higher ups handle these no BS questions. At some points I was thinking the questions were actually too harsh which is a nice change from journalists just feeding the ego of executives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement