Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

tok9 wrote: »
    Do Nintendo have a show this year? Other than the direct that is..

Even though they are not doing a live stage presentation like Sony and MS, Nintendo are pulling out all the stops at e3 this year. Heres a bit of a link to get an idea of what they are doing http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/nintendos_e3_plans_are_outlined_further_with_nintendo_minute_to_follow_digital_event

Hmm, I know i DO NOT need a PS4 at all, seems to be mostly ps3 games being ported to the PS4 each and every week at the moment.

But, what are the chances of Sony launching a 'slim' ps4 at e3, with TLoU-R'd? Like the PS4 is selling extremely well and they came out last week saying that they make a profit on each console sold. So, to me, it sounds like they could announce a smaller one this e3 (even though the PS4 is already small), and I know its only 7 or 8 months old, but Sony are gas for releasing slimmer models very quickly.

What ya think?

Also, I am thinking of getting a HDD for the Wii U at the moment, BUT, what are the chances of Nintendo announcing a Wii U with interal HDD at e3? like 500GB? God I wish they did that from the start. This would be the only reason I would upgrade from the Wii U with a internal HDD.

Xbone, I just do not have any interest in it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Even though they are not doing a live stage presentation like Sony and MS, Nintendo are pulling out all the stops at e3 this year. Heres a bit of a link to get an idea of what they are doing http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/nintendos_e3_plans_are_outlined_further_with_nintendo_minute_to_follow_digital_event

Hmm, I know i DO NOT need a PS4 at all, seems to be mostly ps3 games being ported to the PS4 each and every week at the moment.

But, what are the chances of Sony launching a 'slim' ps4 at e3, with TLoU-R'd? Like the PS4 is selling extremely well and they came out last week saying that they make a profit on each console sold. So, to me, it sounds like they could announce a smaller one this e3 (even though the PS4 is already small), and I know its only 7 or 8 months old, but Sony are gas for releasing slimmer models very quickly.

What ya think?

Also, I am thinking of getting a HDD for the Wii U at the moment, BUT, what are the chances of Nintendo announcing a Wii U with interal HDD at e3? like 500GB? God I wish they did that from the start. This would be the only reason I would upgrade from the Wii U with a internal HDD.

Xbone, I just do not have any interest in it at all.

I doubt we see a slim this early on but I would not put it past them if they released it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

What ya think?
    I think there's more chance of TLOU: Remastered being announced as a multi-platform title than there is of a Slim model being released.
    Well Nintendo recently announced they had stopped production of the 32GB Premium SKU in Japan so that could be an indication of a new model coming out soon. What it would consist of, storage space wise at least, is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Even though they are not doing a live stage presentation like Sony and MS, Nintendo are pulling out all the stops at e3 this year.

Sounds interesting although I would have liked to see a live presentation too.
    But, what are the chances of Sony launching a 'slim' ps4 at e3, with TLoU-R'd?
    What ya think?

Short Answer : I'm 100% sure there is no chance of a slim this year. It's just way too early.

I'm pretty sure I read that a new model had gone through certification but it was only a very small change as the model number only barely changed. Similar to firmware updates where small changes are marked like 1.01 instead of jumping to 2.00 for a big change.

Shorter Answer - No chance.

gizmo wrote: »
    I think there's more chance of TLOU: Remastered being announced as a multi-platform title than there is of a Slim model being released.

Haha, yeah. Well looks like I wont be getting a PS4 until maybe next e3 so.
    Well Nintendo recently announced they had stopped production of the 32GB Premium SKU in Japan so that could be an indication of a new model coming out soon. What it would consist of, storage space wise at least, is anyone's guess.

I thought that was the Black 8GB and 32GB models that are being discontinued. They just have the White 8gb and 32gb ones for sale in Japan as the main Wii U now. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/older_wii_u_bundles_including_all_black_systems_discontinued_in_japan

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    Sounds interesting although I would have liked to see a live presentation too.

Short Answer : I'm 100% sure there is no chance of a slim this year. It's just way too early.

I'm pretty sure I read that a new model had gone through certification but it was only a very small change as the model number only barely changed. Similar to firmware updates where small changes are marked like 1.01 instead of jumping to 2.00 for a big change.

Shorter Answer - No chance.

Hmm, IDK, after the abortion that was the Nintendo Land presentation that went on for 45mins, instead of showing everyone what the Wii U could do at e3 2012.

I much prefer the Direct Presentations. Sure, last years e3 Direct was short and not much in it, except for DKCTF, but from what I can see this year, they are showing what everyone wants to see in the Direct, games, and then have their round table behind the scenes for the other announcments, and a 90min thing on ONE new game for the 3DS, which I think is going to be two or 3 games, 90mins is WAY to long to focus on one game.

Metroid Prime Trilogy for 3DS would be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I thought that was the Black 8GB and 32GB models that are being discontinued. They just have the White 8gb and 32gb ones for sale in Japan as the main Wii U now. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/older_wii_u_bundles_including_all_black_systems_discontinued_in_japan
    Interesting, I didn't even know there was a White 32GB model exclusive in Japan. At the very least I'd expect them to replace some of the bundles with a Smash Bros one though.

Interesting, I didn't even know there was a White 32GB model exclusive in Japan. At the very least I'd expect them to replace some of the bundles with a Smash Bros one though.

Yeah I would deffo think they will have a bundle for SSB for Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Majoras Mask

In what context and why?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Do you have any links for that? I found the below but it just mentions a different Premium bundle rather than any spec change to the console itself.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/17/wii-u-premium-bundle-halted-in-japan-replaced-by-sports-club-pack-rumour/

I'm holding off on getting a Wii-U until later in the year just in case anything new is announced (console or bundle wise).

/Edit: Just spotted readyletsgo's link above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

A bit of buzz (not lots) on twitter and certain forums that Fallout 4 is the big Xbox One exclusive. Don't know where it came from, but interesting to speculate on.

Can't see it happening. But if it does, I reckon it would just be a timed exclusive for Xbox One and also released on PC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't they specifically say it won't be at e3?

No way it'll be exclusive either. It's too big an IP to be exclusive to a single platform. Fair enough for new IP's, but not existing ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

funkyflea wrote: »
    A bit of buzz (not lots) on twitter and certain forums that Fallout 4 is the big Xbox One exclusive. Don't know where it came from, but interesting to speculate on.

Can't see it happening. But if it does, I reckon it would just be a timed exclusive for Xbox One and also released on PC.

If it is, I'll be buying an Xbox One instead of a PS4. Must play Fallout.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kiith wrote: »
    Didn't they specifically say it won't be at e3?

No way it'll be exclusive either. It's too big an IP to be exclusive to a single platform. Fair enough for new IP's, but not existing ones.
    Yeah, I really can't see them making Fallout an exclusive. It'd be an idiotic decision (imo).

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, I really can't see them making Fallout an exclusive. It'd be an idiotic decision (imo).

Lunacy, Bethesda would be writing their own Eulogy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Could be timed exclusive like how oblivion did not arrive on playstation months after 360 version

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

a46719ca3cd95cf34f2de46eeaec41b7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

If it is, I'll be buying an Xbox One instead of a PS4. Must play Fallout.

Fallout as a system seller? Are you serious? Bathesda games like TES and Fallout have some of worst first person combat around and are always buggy as hell and remain unpatched to this day. The only way they're even passable is that they get unofficial bug patches and mods that make them more interesting. It's been what, 7 years since Dark Messiah Might & Magic was released and Bathesda still can't take a single clue on how to do proper first person melee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Fallout as a system seller? Are you serious? Bathesda games like TES and Fallout have some of worst first person combat around and are always buggy as hell and remain unpatched to this day. The only way they're even passable is that they get unofficial bug patches and mods that make them more interesting. It's been what, 7 years since Dark Messiah Might & Magic was released and Bathesda still can't take a single clue on how to do proper first person melee.

If you've been playing them on PS3 sure ;)

Let's be honest, REGARDLESS of Bugs, if Bethesda made all their games exclusive to either console, it would mean a Massive coup. 90% of people will play regardless of bugs unfortunately. In my experience bugs don't effect a games sales as directly as they should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah I don't understand the love for Bethesda games, they are ambitious but there games just seem to be buggy messes to me, to the point where they can be unplayable.

In saying that, Fallout 4 been exclusive to XO would be a huge deal and a good move for MS, although I can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Skyrim is a totally different experience on PC with mods and a good graphics card. I love the game and keep going back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Does sound like something MS would try and do, spend tens of millions to make a game exclusive that was always going to get made instead of investing in something new. Very unlikely to happen, but would probably be pretty stupid of Bethesda.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

You do realise Skyrim sold over 20 million copies and is considered one of the biggest AAA successes of the generation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

You do realise Skyrim sold over 20 million copies and is considered one of the biggest AAA successes of the generation?

It's not a system seller kind of game, though. Anyway, doesn't mean it's a good game (although I think it's decent when fixed/modded). Bethesda have gone really downhill, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

It's not a system seller kind of game, though. Anyway, doesn't mean it's a good game (although I think it's decent when fixed/modded). Bethesda have gone really downhill, though.

Hard to say that one way or the other when it's never been an exclusive on any system.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Plenty of people built PCs for Skyrim, or at least claimed they did, does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Realistically Fallout won't be an exclusive anyway. If Microsoft strike a deal it'll still appear on PC.

They'll just stop it from appearing on PS4 which would be disappointing from my point of view :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

As long as its on PC i dont give a ****. Pointless conversation anyway, its isn't going to be an exclusive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Ignoring PC for a moment, wasn't morrowind only on the Xbox console? (Not exclusive, but for technical reasons) Oblivion, iirc, was a timed exclusive for the 360. And Skyrim had some timed exclusive DLC.

Getting Oblivion on consoles first was a big push for me in buying the 360, and being able to play morrowind on a console was also one of the reasons I picked up the original Xbox later in it's life.

Considering the above, it's not completely in the realm of make-believe. However, I still can't see it happening..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement