Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Something to keep in mind at those Obstacle Races

• 02-05-2014 1:51pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've not done one myself and really have no interest, but still something that might put some people off

http://gawker.com/obstacle-racers-are-getting-sick-after-literally-eating-1570518034
    Under the brilliant headline "The latest obstacle in obstacle racing is bloody diarrhea," the Washington Post reports that the growing trend of competitive obstacle course running—now practiced by 1.5 million people—comes with a growing trend of falling in the mud and catching a mouthful of animal feces.

The CDC found Thursday that 22 racers who got sick after a 2012 Tough Mudder race had swallowed mud laced with cattle or swine feces and become infected with Campylobacter coli. This common bacteria can bring on a week of diarrhea, cramping, abdominal pain and fever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Cabaal wrote: »
    I've not done one myself and really have no interest, but still something that might put some people off

http://gawker.com/obstacle-racers-are-getting-sick-after-literally-eating-1570518034

I guess you could call it the final obstacle! Hilarious stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

This is timely as I was questioning my sister (not ososlo) why the hell she was doing one of these events. Pointed out that she lives beside a field that is regularly grazed by cattle and that if she wanted to roll around in mud and ****e I'd gladly accept her 40 euro and set up some obstacles for her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Excellent headline.

The race took place on a ranch so no surprise there.

I'd be more concerned about drowning.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Excellent headline.

The race took place on a ranch so no surprise there.

I'd be more concerned about drowning.

Response time on that is seriously shocking,
    Its one thing running through a certain amount of water but it seems awful stupid to have a load of people jumping into deep water like that at once.

Esp when you can't see **** in the water because of all the mud

Advertisement