Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Spanish

• 02-05-2014 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Couldn't find a thread totally dedicated to LC Spanish. So if anyone has any queries you can post them here!
    I'll get the ball rolling, How can I prepare for the opinion piece that will come up in section B?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Couldn't find a thread totally dedicated to LC Spanish. So if anyone has any queries you can post them here!
    I'll get the ball rolling, How can I prepare for the opinion piece that will come up in section B?

For your OP you should have about 5 of them on each topic. Learn off key phrases for the beginning and the conclusion. Learn of fillers etc e.g. que pena.
    ANSWER the question-seems stupid but is too often overlooked.
    Use "I" a lot, it is YOUR opinion they want-not simply learned off material. Include as many verb tenses as possible to display your knowledge for them.

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Thanks very much! It's the one part of the exam I am worried about. I find it very hard to express myself in English never mind another language haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

http://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.1672346.1391013882!/menu/standard/file/Exam%20Times%20-%20Languages.pdf

There are some phrases and tips in this supplement for essay writing. They can be quite useful.

Always remember to use subjunctive and try to use a variety of tenses e.g. past, present, future. Don't just use the same tense through out. If there is a word you use too often look up a synonym. For example young people = jóvenes, adolescentes, la joventud.

Never use Google Translate. Try wordreference.com instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Louisew97

1. Practise!! I wrote extra ones last year and got them corrected by my teacher. really helpful!
    2. Learn how to start of an argument. I always used 'estoy cien por cien de acuerdo con este afirmacion'.
    3. Get a sheet if you can off your teacher, or maybe theres some on the internet, of opinion phrases. like 'Todo el mundo'. i had a list of about 100 last year, how to say things like nowadays, in the past, but in my opinion, on the other hand.
    4. If you can get some colloquial phrases in all the better.
    5. Put in the subjunctive atleast once!!!
    6. use phrases of complicated tenses even if you dont know the tense. something like 'si yo hubiera en aquella situacion' (if i was in that situation)
    7. as said, personal opinions and decent arguments! remember half is for language but half is for content too!!
    Good luck! feel free to ask me any other questions :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Louisew97 wrote: »
    1. Practise!! I wrote extra ones last year and got them corrected by my teacher. really helpful!
    2. Learn how to start of an argument. I always used 'estoy cien por cien de acuerdo con esta afirmación'.
    3. Get a sheet if you can off your teacher, or maybe theres some on the internet, of opinion phrases. like 'Todo el mundo'. i had a list of about 100 last year, how to say things like nowadays, in the past, but in my opinion, on the other hand.
    4. If you can get some colloquial phrases in all the better.
    5. Put in the subjunctive atleast once!!!
    6. use phrases of complicated tenses even if you dont know the tense. something like 'si yo hubiera estuviera en aquella situación' (if i was in that situation) (hubiera = haber = have)
    7. as said, personal opinions and decent arguments! remember half is for language but half is for content too!!
    Good luck! feel free to ask me any other questions :-)

Unas pequeñas correcciones :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement