Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post delivery

Options
  • 02-05-2014 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

Ordered something from germany last week, needed urgently for tomorrow night. Came through DHL to An post and was going to be delivered today (friday). Tracked it through the DHL tracking system through to an post tracking system. Rang the central number this morning to say I wouldnt be in but could it be left with a neighbour, but policy is wont leave it with neighbour unless asked beforehand, guy tried 3 times but couldnt get the delivery man, rang me back each time to say he was still trying.

Heres the thing, he said once he gets back to the depot if I cant get out there, he'll give me the number of the post master and the post master said even though he's not open on saturday he'll open for half an hour tomorrow morning so I can get the package. Now, I'll probably make it out this evening to the depot but just wanted to report a quality service from them. I was not expecting that level of service from them and they do get a bashing on here a bit so its not always bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Your lucky they will let you have it tomorrow. I think An Post assumes everyone sits at home all day, as you can only pick up a parcel between 8-5.30 pm monday to Friday. Which doesnt suit a majority of working people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I find An Post often go out of their way to facilitate customers. Our postman usually makes it to our house after 12noon but twice, when we were waiting on urgent medical results and exam results, he reversed his route and was with us at 8.15.
    The sorting office opened for us at 7.30 on a Saturday so we could collect a parcel. I think they are very sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

hfallada wrote: »
    Your lucky they will let you have it tomorrow. I think An Post assumes everyone sits at home all day, as you can only pick up a parcel between 8-5.30 pm monday to Friday. Which doesnt suit a majority of working people.

Parcel motel solves that problem :)

Advertisement