Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 11), May 2-3, 2014

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Encouraging point for us last week against Cork. Derry are under-performing, but we've yet to win at home. Draw written all over it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What time do you call this dfx?!?!

I'm feeling our first win SN. Hope I'm right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Good chance that we could be back on top of the league after this weekend if we can see off Cork this evening. This Dundalk side have proved very good at bouncing back from a disappointment result with a strong performance so I'm hopeful we can see the league leaders off this evening. Draw wouldn't be the worst result but it's important we put in a performance and prove that we can function without Stephen O'Donnell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Finn out, Zayed out, big game for Kilduff and Croly with Pats v Sligo and Cork v Dundalk.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    What time do you call this dfx?!?!

Pleeenty of time:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Call me stupid but defo think we can get something out of Bray tonight. Hopefully some points on the board!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Anybody driving to Tallaght, be careful. N81 was gridlocked an hour ago because part of N7 closed off following burst water mains at newlands. Hopefully should be ok later.

dfx- wrote: »
    Finn out, Zayed out, big game for Kilduff and Croly with Pats v Sligo and Cork v Dundalk.

Could probably get away playing 4-4-2 for this to minimize loss of Finn. Mcphail and Brennan in centre with Shep and Killer up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

City-Dundalk game delayed for 15 min due to traffic problems. Kicks off at 8 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Raf32 wrote: »
    Call me stupid but defo think we can get something out of Bray tonight. Hopefully some points on the board!

You're at home to Bray, if you're not getting your first point out of that just withdraw your registration and come back in the First Division next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

anncoates wrote: »
    Anybody driving to Tallaght, be careful. N81 was gridlocked an hour ago because part of N7 closed off following burst water mains at newlands. Hopefully should be ok later.

Cork City bus caught in this traffic, kick off at Oriel has been delayed for 15 mins. Cant see us getting anything from this game. Might have been hopeful of a draw but after learning that the team were stuck on a bus for the best part of 5 hours that hope is gone, they have only arrived the last 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Roddy will play for 0-0 away to Bohs.

Not surprised to see Healy not start anyway, that pitch will do fair damage to his knees. Might get 20 minutes out of him hopefully.

CHealy wrote: »
    Cork City bus caught in this traffic, kick off at Oriel has been delayed for 15 mins. Cant see us getting anything from this game. Might have been hopeful of a draw but after learning that the team were stuck on a bus for the best part of 5 hours that hope is gone, they have only arrived the last 20 minutes.

Traffic still very bad. That section of N7 closed until tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

NIMAN wrote: »

Out the door after 3 minutes anyway.

Athlone-Bray must be nothing happening as extratime haven't updated since first minute. Hopefully get another 3 points out of it.

EDIT: It's goal updates only!

City losing 3-0 before half time. Getting mauled by the sounds of the commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs and Derry even. Score wise and man wise. 1-1 and both have had a man sent off. Derry with a goal of the season contender to equalise. Bohs bossed the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

this was coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Omackeral wrote: »
    goal of the season contender to equalise.

This is becoming a weekly thing now.

Just missed a peno, bray down to ten.

0-0 FT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

CHealy wrote: »

As expected we got well and truly done. Even without the bus arriving late and all that comes with it I dont think we would have got anything out of it by the sounds of things. In a weird way I'm kind of glad its come now, the 'unbeaten' tag becomes a bit of an anchor after a while. Now we can concentrate on maintaining a European spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Eamon Kelly
    @eamonkelly
    2 outfield players have saved penalties in LOI already this season. Would you get that in a decade in other leagues?

Well thats odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

NIMAN wrote: »

Maybe not goalless, but he got the draw.
    Looking forward to seeing Pat McEleney's equalizer, sounded like a belter on the commentary.

BmqQS_6CQAEXibC.jpg

#greatestleagueintheworld

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Shels made hard work of that but great game in tolka. The most enjoyable shels team to watch in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I knew, it would not be a walkover, but the smell of victory is so sweet :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

rovers were dreadful tonight the least Limerick deserved was a draw granted they scored from their only attempt on target and didnt test Murphy once but were all over us in the first hal,f their midfield sat between our defence & midfield forcing us to go long to no avail & their no9 is a good player caused our defence major problems in first half, 2nd half they just sat back & invited Rovers on McCabe's peno was shocking keeper had to reach back to save it he made it that obvious

no idea why the 2nd peno was given & dont know why Ryan Brennan isnt taking our peno's, against Boh's in the LSC he was about to take it then picked the ball up and threw it @ Shep same tonight with our first before something was said & McCabe took it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Absolutely buzzing, another quality performance from us, Longford not up to much and will see their fair share of red cards this season. Hatchetmen.

Sensational first half performance by Dundalk. Never gave Cork time on the ball and played like men possessed. Intensity dropped second half but the job was done by then. Another Richie Towell special this evening. Top of the league feels good.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Sensational first half performance by Dundalk. Never gave Cork time on the ball and played like men possessed. Intensity dropped second half but the job was done by then. Another Richie Towell special this evening. Top of the league feels good.

Play we are the champions on the PA?

Rovers were absolutely awful. Limerick got what they deserved though. The game was about 20 minutes longer than needed because they wasted time while Rovers were for the taking.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Play we are the champions on the PA?
    Not tonight. We did sing "we're going to win the cup" though! You know you better believe us dreamers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

What was the craic with the announcer playing that Liverpool song tonight in Tallaght?

Pighead wrote: »
    Not tonight. We did sing "we're going to win the cup" though! You know you better believe us dreamers.

pffft cups are for losers.

dreading morrow :D

#greatestleagueintheworld

Picture came about because Barry Ryan walked off with his shirt and the spare shirt had to be fetched from the sideline (where Taylor threw it on the ground) by Madden and then Brennan.

Great win for the First Division lads in Finn Park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Fair lay to Limerick, they had a plan and stuck to it, and deserved a point,but my god I've never seen such bad refereeing, he looked like he was constantly trying to make up for his last mistake, he gave at least 15 frees against Limerick that were perfectly fair challenges, booked Kilduff for going for a header, no idea what the second peno was for, and just looked out of his depth. Rogers shouldn't be a league referee, he's not good enough for Schoolboy level. Bring back Richie Winters I say

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Big chance for ourselves to get back into it tomorrow night with a win. Shame Limerick couldn't hold out.

If we lose I am officially ruling us out of the title running and will make 3rd the goal.

uch wrote: »
    Fair lay to Limerick, they had a plan and stuck to it, and deserved a point,but my god I've never seen such bad refereeing, he looked like he was constantly trying to make up for his last mistake, he gave at least 15 frees against Limerick that were perfectly fair challenges, booked Kilduff for going for a header, no idea what the second peno was for, and just looked out of his depth. Rogers shouldn't be a league referee, he's not good enough for Schoolboy level. Bring back Richie Winters I say

I thought he was alright to be honest considering how the players descended into timewasting/moaning farce. He could've added another 10 minutes of added time. 8 minutes of added time and a physio was only on the pitch once.

He could've sent a few more from the benches too.

uch wrote: »
    but my god I've never seen such bad refereeing,

As i have said many many times before no point whinging about the refs, both teams get the same retarded ref.

I have done well not bitching about the 5 penos we should have got and 1 we shouldnt have got.

Its a lottery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I thought he was alright to be honest considering how the players descended into timewasting/moaning farce. He could've added another 10 minutes of added time. 8 minutes of added time and a physio was only on the pitch once.

Ah now c'mon out of that he was terrible, agree that there should have been at lest three other players sent off though, I don't know how the big no. 16 for limerick stayed on the pitch

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Horribly frustrating night in Dalymount. Chance after chance not converted while Derry equalise with a ****ing wondergoal.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

SHELS!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Who was sent off from the benches? We (Limerick) had a terrible record in that regard last year.

Just missed a peno, bray down to ten.
    0-0 FT.

How was the game? Anyone deserve to win or draw a fair result?

Mushy wrote: »
    How was the game? Anyone deserve to win or draw a fair result?

Draw was prob the fair result imo. Decent game for a 0-0, athlone probably had more chances but Bray looked way more dangerous with the ball. Gutting to not score the pen at the end, sums up the season so far.

Draw was prob the fair result imo. Decent game for a 0-0, athlone probably had more chances but Bray looked way more dangerous with the ball. Gutting to not score the pen at the end, sums up the season so far.

Thats alright to hear anyway, as a Bray fan I was hoping it wasn't a case that they just couldn't score a lá the Derry match. Also missed a penalty in that game.

Annoying that Limerick and UCD won, although guess a draw in the Bohs-Derry match is grand.

Mushy wrote: »
    Thats alright to hear anyway, as a Bray fan I was hoping it wasn't a case that they just couldn't score a lá the Derry match. Also missed a penalty in that game.

Annoying that Limerick and UCD won, although guess a draw in the Bohs-Derry match is grand.

Bray look good. And with us in the league yee wont have to be worrying about automatic relegation anyways. Id say yee will come ahead of Limerick anyways and a toss up between ye and UCD id say after that. Derry look rubbish, cant see Rod lasting much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm still processing Dinny Corcoran's moment of madness. Fúcking idiot.

Looking forward to a Curry Chips in Sligo today, nicest food in the league.

Altho being drunk means I will eat 4 of them or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Looking forward to a Curry Chips in Sligo today, nicest food in the league.

Altho being drunk means I will eat 4 of them or something.

Personally think Derry have the best food. The debate rages on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement