Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gallup vs Roundup Biactive

• 02-05-2014 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Anybody compare Gallup against Roundup Biactive. I have used Roundup for clearing weeds on a pebble drive and found it okay. I've been told that Gallup does the same job and is less expensive. All comments appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭thimble

They're two different brand names for glyphosphate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Gallup is made by Barclay's chemicals in Dublin , does exactly the same thing as Roundup which is made by Monsanto in France i think
    Both contain glyphosphate as there active ingredient and both are the same strength

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Thanks for the replies. This answers my query.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Cerco wrote: »
    Anybody compare Gallup against Roundup Biactive. I have used Roundup for clearing weeds on a pebble drive and found it okay. I've been told that Gallup does the same job and is less expensive. All comments appreciated.
    While it's correct that they both have the same active ingredient and are of similiar strenghts, Roundup biactive has 2 additional ingredients, one is a sticking agent and the other is a rainfast agent, you pay extra for those ingrediants.
    For the most part they're uncessary for the domestic user, but can be very helpful for the commercial user.
    Roundup also comes in a product without those ingredients, it's called Roundup 360 and is similiar in price to Gallup, although still slightly more expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Don't buy any Roundup products, they are owned by Monsanto...
    They are trying to get a European ban on one if their products lifted which will wipe out all our bees...then the world will die.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/roundup-bees-zm0z10zarc.aspx#axzz2yR9DmuUA

This company also tried to patent crop seeds!!!!

Google the company and their court cases against farmers in the states

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Doom wrote: »
    They are trying to get a European ban on one if their products lifted which will wipe out all our bees...then the world will die.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/roundup-bees-zm0z10zarc.aspx#axzz2yR9DmuUA

That's impressive, can't wait to see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

:eek::eek::eek:

Had heard about the patent issue wrt genetically modified crops and seeds. Did not make the link with Monsanto.

That's impressive, can't wait to see that.

Bees germinate about 99% of all crops/ flowers...no crops=no food= we die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Bees germinate about 99% of all crops/ flowers...no crops=no food= we die

Bee's germinate now do they? Do you mean pollinate?

And they only pollinate flowering crop. 80% of flowering crop. Which constitutes about 33% of the human foods source.

Also bee's assist in the pollination, many flowering crops are pollinated by wind.

So please stop talking rubbish.

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Bee's germinate now do they? Do you mean pollinate?

And they only pollinate flowering crop. 80% of flowering crop. Which constitutes about 33% of the human foods source.

Also bee's assist in the pollination, many flowering crops are pollinated by wind.

So please stop talking rubbish.

It kills bees...its bad.
    Go back under your rock Peter...

• Advertisement

It kills bees...its bad.
    Go back under your rock Peter...

Seems peter is complaining I'm been uncivil...
    Peter I'm sorry if I hurt your manly feelings by been uncivilised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

I didn't complain at all.

Anyway, back on topic. I've used boot weedkillers and found both equally effective. Much of a muchness in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Not really much of a muchness, gallup acts slightly differently to roundup.

Gallup tends to wilt the plants quicker, when roundup says it takes 3 weeks, it really takes 3 weeks. (it always used to say 3 weeks before people start flaming me)

Gallup is not quite as effective as roundup but is ok.

you get less active ingreient in gallup than in roundup pro biactive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Nobody complained, I just read your post and and thought you were acting the plank and gave you a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

for the amount of round up used it does hardly any harm
    in the real world i live in we only use round up for tidy and that noone uses enouh to do that much damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

You are forgetting the idiots that use it irresponsibly and the ones who use the wrong amounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Advertisement