Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy parts

Options
  • 02-05-2014 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

After looking at the sticky list, the cheapest Irish website I found was Komplett.ie. Although I'm quite reluctant about purchasing off of them due to the complaints they've received.

I know hardwareversand.de is cheaper than Komplett, but I can't buy from them. Does anyone know any Irish alternatives to Komplett? preferably cheaper.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

There are no Irish shops that offer reasonable value.

HV accept cards now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ElectricEchoes

GarIT wrote: »
    There are no Irish shops that offer reasonable value.

Yea, it appears that way after looking around. Komplett's prices seem reasonable, I just thought there would be another Irish company that would be as competitive. Even the English websites aren't offering good value. A lot Scan.co.uk and Amazon.co.uk components work out more than the Irish ones.

Okay so I just tried HV and I didn't get the option to pay by card (at least the way I'm used to paying online). I received an automated email specifying my payment type as "prepayment" by wire transfer. As far as I know I can pay using online banking (which I don't have set up) or go directly to the bank.

Am I missing something here? I hope I am, because I don't want to be resorting to a ridiculously priced Irish company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Komplett is not an Irish company. Just because a website has the ie domain does not make it Irish based. You could be in Vietnam and still get an ie domain. I believe Komplett are based in the Netherlands. I've used Komplett before ,even had to do an RMA, and found them to be excellent.

Komplett is not an Irish company. Just because a website has the ie domain does not make it Irish based. You could be in Vietnam and still get an ie domain. I believe Komplett are based in the Netherlands. I've used Komplett before ,even had to do an RMA, and found them to be excellent.

I think they're Norwegian. As far as I know they have a branch in Ireland, although I probably should have just said a company based in Ireland to avoid confusion.

• Advertisement

I think they're Norwegian. As far as I know they have a branch in Ireland, although I probably should have just said a company based in Ireland to avoid confusion.

They use to have an Office and depot in Dublin but that's gone. http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056945505

Where are the parts shipped from now?

I suppose any company that delivers to Ireland will do. So if anyone has any reliable companies at good value it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Where are the parts shipped from now?

From the Netherlands. They always were, it's just when they had the depot in Dublin everything went there first then they handed it to An Post for free delivery.

From the Netherlands. They always were, it's just when they had the depot in Dublin everything went there first then they handed it to An Post for free delivery.

Okay thanks for the info. If you have any recommendations related to my question please throw them out there.

• Advertisement

Well, I use OverclockersUK, Dabs.ie, Komplette, Amazon UK Ireland, QuietPC.com, and MemoryC.ie (they are Irish). OverclockersUK will price match other UK sites if you call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Well, I use OverclockersUK, Dabs.ie, Komplette, Amazon UK Ireland, QuietPC.com, and MemoryC.ie (they are Irish). OverclockersUK will price match other UK sites if you call them.

Good advice there but whatever you do make sure you STAY FAR FAR AWAY from Custompc.ie, you would not believe some of the horror stories on boards from those cowboys such as the below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81706690

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

elara.ie are in parkwest and they offer free delivery on orders over €60. Prices are similar to the likes of komplett and dabs.

I find pixmania can be cheap enough if you're buying directly from them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

+1 for MemoryC- very good to deal with. Usually next day delivery.

I've used Misco before (Scottish) and delivery was in 3 working days. Never had an issue, although customer service would not be the best.

Advertisement