Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I could never handle the whip for some reason. Still haven't bothered getting it and have most right handed weapons available. Started with hunter axe but then changed to saw cleaver but prefer the spear which is now my level 8. Alternate now between spear, holy sword and tonitrus.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Evade wrote: »
    It's all about getting to the next lantern and opening up shortcuts.

Is there any way to find where the lanterns are or anything?

I got killed by two beasts on a bridge. Now I'm back near the start before the bonfire, and I can't see how I'm supposed to sneak past them all. Not to mention the guys and wolves I took out at the bottom of the bridge. Is there any form of stealth in this game other than walking slowly?

I first played this game last year, and died at the bonfire twice. This week I said I'd give the game another go, started the game again from scratch, and have now died at the bonfire again, finally gotten past it, died and now I'm back before the bonfire again and have to kill all these guys again. Is there anything I'm missing other than "It'll get easier"/"You'll get better at it" because I really don't want to have to try get past this f*cking bonfire (or get stuck at similar points later in the game) repeatedly.

This and learning the area knowing where they are etc, and read the messages on the ground !!!! You get to a point in the game outside bosses where you can predict certain things and death is your fault for rushing etc.

Also, half of the messages on the ground are no help whatsoever. There was one that really p*ssed me off after I killed 3 guys and 3 wolves that said "behind you". What is behind me? What direction was I supposed to be facing for the thing to be behind me? Have I already killed what the note was warning me about? And some of them are just cryptic nonsense, especially so early in the game.

Sorry. I'm enjoying the gameplay thus far and having never played a Souls game before, I want to get into it. I knew the game was difficult and I expected that, but it's other little niggles that are annoying me about the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Penn wrote: »
    Is there any way to find where the lanterns are or anything?
    Short of looking up a guide online, no.
    I got killed by two beasts on a bridge. Now I'm back near the start before the bonfire, and I can't see how I'm supposed to sneak past them all. Not to mention the guys and wolves I took out at the bottom of the bridge. Is there any form of stealth in this game other than walking slowly?
    Exercise the better part of valor and leg it past them. Not every enemy has to be killed and a lot of them will kill you on your first encounter.

The cane whip is good for crowd control if you can get it.

Evade wrote: »
    Short of looking up a guide online, no.

Exercise the better part of valor and leg it past them. Not every enemy has to be killed and a lot of them will kill you on your first encounter.

The cane whip is good for crowd control if you can get it.

I might kill the bonfire guys one more time, just for farming at least. After that I'll just try legging it past.

Any tips for the beasts on the bridge? There's two of the f*ckers and bar the starter axe and pistol, the only other items I have are molotovs and a torch.

• Advertisement

There is a shortcut whereby you can avoid the mob and the wolves for the time being. I would suggest not reading and trying to find these yourself, you feel good when you do believe me. However
    beside the house with the ladies laughing smash the crates and drop down, kill the dogs, take a left and go straight, go into the building and run out the door straight ahead the other side go up the steps and pull the lever which brings you back to your first lamp. You probably want another lamp at this stage but you only really get them near or after Bosses. Of course you have to do the mob one more time

I might kill the bonfire guys one more time, just for farming at least. After that I'll just try legging it past.

Any tips for the beasts on the bridge? There's two of the f*ckers and bar the starter axe and pistol, the only other items I have are molotovs and a torch.
    You could try shooting or molotoving one and leading it down to the little courtyard so you won't have to worry about the second one and get a little room to maneuver.

You can also kite them into the room down the stairs to the left but you'll likely have to run passed them as I assume you are coming up from the other direction. They can't enter the room and you can get free charged shots on them. Beware though clear that room before you focus on the beasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Went back playing this.. I now know why I gave up in the first place.. frustrating as hell.. quickly put it away again.. life is too short to be getting so worked up..

Forsaken Cainhurst Castle is a brilliant level. Beginners luck I suppose got Logarius down to a tiny bit of health first time, one maybe two hits and he'd have been gone but he got in ahead of me. Think I can repeat this? Not at all I've been trying over and over for the past hour. Now gone through over 100 health viles I had stored as when I reawaken at the lamp they aren't resetting to 20 anymore so need to go farming again. Thankfully it's a great level and if you go through it rather than following the shortcut up to the top of the castle that you open up you earn a sh!t load of echoes. 60K a time. That might go down with repeated goes but for now I'm not complaining. Excellent fight as tough as it turned out to be after first impressions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh this is testing my patience... It's a very hard game to get into as modern gaming's hand holding has set a standard of expectation which this game just shiits all over. No map, no mission log (that i can find), no help whatsoever... It's strange. I have no idea what i'm supposed to be doing other than keep dieing in the same area... I'm not sure about this game at all. I'm already at the stage of getting little to no enjoyment from it.

What point are you at?

The start. The very start. Killed the werewolf, got the lantern where there's a closed gate to the left and the only path to the right. It's where you encounter your first enemies after the werewolf. There's a bonfire with loads of enemies. I've no issue taking them out (mostly), but beyond the bonfire is a large dude with a brick who kills me way too easily, head the other way and there's an armored dude with a big blade axe thingy, who kills me in 1 - 2 hits... I've tried getting passed brick dude but he keeps getting me from behind when fighting the next set of "normal" and dog enemies up a few steps.

I'm gonna be honest, i'll give it another go tonight, and if i can't make any progress, it's going straight back and i'll get Diablo 3 like i should have the first time.

Ah ok you're just starting out. You really can just run through that area to the area with the big guy without pulling many if any of the mobs if you get too frustrated. Like a lot of things in Dark Souls and this big enemies really look more intimidating than they really are. That big guy will fall to 2 R2 charged attacks with the axe two handed, and great for practising L2 parry with the gun with a R1 visceral follow up...... that will get you killed for a while though

Not sure if you played the dark souls games, but just in case watch your stamina , know how many swings you can take and have enough left to evade.

Beyond the big guy you should be careful, try pulling 1 or 2 at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm absolutely and utterly ****ing terrible at this game. I've managed to get past the first gate where all the monsters are standing round a massive bonfire of sorts with lads shooting you from the sides once but no save point past it that I could so died fighting a dog wolf thing, well a few of them infact, and haven't had the patience to go back to it since. Tough as ****ing nails is what it is.

I can absolutely see why people love it though. I just need more free uninterrupted time to play it. No kids, maybe a day off from work where I'm not tired playing it etc as it really needs your full concentration.

Funnily enough I got far further into dark souls 1 and then a ****ing bug crashed it on my PC and I never went back to start again. Some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm gonna be honest, i'll give it another go tonight, and if i can't make any progress, it's going straight back and i'll get Diablo 3 like i should have the first time.

God, whatever stops you moaning about it!

I think Soulsbourne games do really show how hand-holdy and forgiving a lot of modern games are, especially with checkpoints. This isn't meant as a slight to anyone here struggling. When I first played Demon's Souls It took me well over 10 hours to clear world 1-1, it takes maybe 30 minutes now.

noodler wrote: »
    God, whatever stops you moaning about it!

'Scuse me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The start. The very start. Killed the werewolf, got the lantern where there's a closed gate to the left and the only path to the right. It's where you encounter your first enemies after the werewolf. There's a bonfire with loads of enemies. I've no issue taking them out (mostly), but beyond the bonfire is a large dude with a brick who kills me way too easily, head the other way and there's an armored dude with a big blade axe thingy, who kills me in 1 - 2 hits... I've tried getting passed brick dude but he keeps getting me from behind when fighting the next set of "normal" and dog enemies up a few steps.

Play more cautiously, when the giant is throwing his fist at you or charging, shoot him with your gun to send him to his knee, then press r1 when close to him to initiate a visceral attack.

When you bump into a pack of mobs, get close to aggro them and then retreat and take them out one by one.

If you're going in swinging like a mad men, you will get wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Took me at least ten hours to get to the second check point when I played. Was my first souls game. Persevered and finished them all since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Okay, just past the big bonfire, in the courtyard when you fight the troll, don't go down the steps to fight him. Follow the left wall, and roll into the things stacked against the wall. Towards the back, there's a few coffins that will smash when you roll into them. Drop down into the area behind/below them.

From here, head left, go straight through to the door in front of you, straight through the next door, and up the steps.

Easiest way to open the first shortcut, just watch out for mobs along the way.

As for the trolls (and most enemies), parry them. When their weapon is in its for word movement, shoot them, step in and get a OHKO most of the time. It takes a little practise but when you get it down its immensely powerful, worth perfecting.

If you're still stuck, I've been looking for a reason to play this again, we can co-op for a little if you want.

If you're still stuck, I've been looking for a reason to play this again, we can co-op for a little if you want.

Cheers for the tips, but i don't think my 3 mobile would be good enough for co-op!

Sound sure, I could even just show you a path and armour set or two if it can't handle combat.

Give us a pm if you want anyways.

Anything but returning the game.

Anything but returning the game.

We'll see, i knew what i was getting myself in for when i was convinced to pick it up, with yer man stating it's not as hard as DS. I'll give it a bit more!

Have gotten past the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne.

The game is okay, but I'm still not hugely feeling the love. I need to start experimenting with other weapons and stuff, as I'm mostly just cheesing the charged longweapon R2 attack in most fights

Have gotten past the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne.

The game is okay, but I'm still not hugely feeling the love. I need to start experimenting with other weapons and stuff, as I'm mostly just cheesing the charged longweapon R2 attack in most fights

You're over a significant hump now, I won't lie and say it'll be plain sailing but you should be able to relax a little. If you bested Gascoigne you're ready for most of whats to come in the next while and it won't feel like you suffered the same area over and over for far too long.

EDIT: It took me a long time to get my head around the gun and I ignored it and underused it for too long. I'd still prefer the shield and block parry in DS but I have to say once I was finally forced to gun parry in tough situations and it started to gel with me and could do them maybe 40% of the time I grew to like it.

You're over a significant hump now, I won't lie and say it'll be plain sailing but you should be able to relax a little. If you bested Gascoigne you're ready for most of whats to come in the next while and it won't feel like you suffered the same area over and over for far too long.

EDIT: It took me a long time to get my head around the gun and I ignored it and underused it for too long. I'd still prefer the shield and block parry in DS but I have to say once I was finally forced to gun parry in tough situations and it started to gel with me and could do them maybe 40% of the time I grew to like it.

Well I just got royally f*cked from a distance a few times by a dude with a gatling gun on a rooftop. Finally made it up to him and got royally f*cked up close.

Well I just got royally f*cked from a distance a few times by a dude with a gatling gun on a rooftop. Finally made it up to him and got royally f*cked up close.

You can just leg it past him if you want, once you're at the ladder up he can't shoot you anymore

Parrying is so OP in this, shoot when the enemies weapon is in its forward momentum (just try it), once you've some practise it makes some bosses piss, like the Shadows for example, can be parried like 3 times each for a simple kill. 6 parries can wreck Fr. Gas too.

• Advertisement

Parrying is so OP in this, shoot when the enemies weapon is in its forward momentum (just try it), once you've some practise it makes some bosses piss, like the Shadows for example, can be parried like 3 times each for a simple kill. 6 parries can wreck Fr. Gas too.

And how bad ass do you feel pulling one off and R1'ing into their face for a visceral attack. It's like back attack in dark souls but better because you look them in the eye as you do it :D

Advertisement