Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I just checked to compare as I think I'm a similar place to you...just loaded the game and "YOU DIED" came up...so I guess I must have raged last time.

I remember now, I'm at at the Jail place running to some boss

I have to stop taking "week" breaks in between games....because I get lost.

Ran to the boss, killed it first time last night. Electric Paarl.
    Opened the gate...back at Yarnham, honestly no idea where to go...so I turned off the game.

Also...it was really laggy/stuttery last night (esp after coming off DS3 on PC). Playing on PS4 with 'boost' ...doesn't do the slightest difference.

Where do I go now lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Opened the gate...back at Yarnham, honestly no idea where to go...so I turned off the game.

Also...it was really laggy/stuttery last night (esp after coming off DS3 on PC). Playing on PS4 with 'boost' ...doesn't do the slightest difference.

Where do I go now lads ?

Was the last boss you killed before paarl, Vicar Amelia? If so then you can head to the forbidden woods (towards an optional boss), which is to the right as soon as you leave the building you killed amelia OR you can head towards the door you got the password for from the cut scene after killing amelia. Which down to the bottom of the steps outside the Amelia building. Take the first path to the right when you get into the cemetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Where do I go now lads ?

If you've beaten Rom, keep tipping around Yagar Gul, you've just missed the path.

The game doesn't run well, 30fps with common drops, nightmare when you're used to 60

If you've beaten Rom, keep tipping around Yagar Gul, you've just missed the path.

The game doesn't run well, 30fps with common drops, nightmare when you're used to 60

No idea who Rom is or what Yagar Gul is.

I've beated Blood Starved Beast and Amelia (I had to check online as I can't remember any of the bosses), also killed Witches of Hemwick.

So....am I still meant to go to this Yagar Gul places ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think i'm done with this. I'm able enough at this stage that, in the first couple of areas (couple? THe main starting area and some of the sewer area) i can run around and not die, kill everything, farm Blood, etc. But the bosses... That giant werewolf thingy that you first die at in order to level up, not a hope of beating him yet. But i ran into Fr. Gascoine, and i thought i was doing well, full health and only a sliver of his left after he
    transformed into a werewolf
    , and he just knocks me over and jumps up and down on me over and over, no chance to get up. That, to me, is BS. No chance of defending from that... There's hard and there's unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

But now you'll know it's coming next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I think i'm done with this. I'm able enough at this stage that, in the first couple of areas (couple? THe main starting area and some of the sewer area) i can run around and not die, kill everything, farm Blood, etc. But the bosses... That giant werewolf thingy that you first die at in order to level up, not a hope of beating him yet. But i ran into Fr. Gascoine, and i thought i was doing well, full health and only a sliver of his left after he
    , and he just knocks me over and jumps up and down on me over and over, no chance to get up. That, to me, is BS. No chance of defending from that... There's hard and there's unfair.

Get in and be aggressive. Any health you lose, you'll regain with some well timed hits.
    The more you play the more you realise when it's right to dodge and when it's time to land a few slaps.
    It's also good to practice on each enemy. Some are easier to stagger with the alternate form of your weapon. If you can keep the enemy staggered, you should be able to kill them before your stamina depletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was similar with the first boss in that I'd gotten him to about 10% of his health, I had near enough full health, and he grabbed me with his giant arm and smashed me about 4 times into the ground killing me.

But it only took maybe two tries after that to beat him, and beat him actually quite easily. Just staying in close right behind him, wait for him to attack, then use a charge attack. Beat Fr.Gascoigne on the 2nd try too.

Though at one point in another area, a giant hand grabbed me out of nowhere, held me up in the air and killed me. I still have no idea what happened. But I will say this in credit to the game, the only thing you really lose by dying is Blood Echoes, and you get them back in the spot you died or killing what killed you. If that wasn't there, I'd be done with this game. But it is quite a good mechanic to reward continuing to play.

My main issue with the game at this point is just the lack of purpose. I have no idea what I'm doing or why I'm doing it. No idea if I'm doing things right. No idea what half the items do. I'm literally just going around killing sh*t. And that's fine if that's all it is, but the lack of story and purpose just means I play for about an hour at most at a time because I don't feel the urge to keep playing.

Plus half the notes people leave on the ground are abysmal. "hidden path near". F*ck you! Hidden path WHERE? "behind you" What's behind me? What direction was I supposed to be facing to read this? Have I already killed what you're warning me about? Stop being f*cking cryptic!

No idea who Rom is or what Yagar Gul is.

I've beated Blood Starved Beast and Amelia (I had to check online as I can't remember any of the bosses), also killed Witches of Hemwick.

So....am I still meant to go to this Yagar Gul places ?
    nix wrote: »
    head towards the door you got the password for from the cut scene after killing amelia. Which is down to the bottom of the steps outside the Amelia building. Take the first path to the right when you get into the cemetry.

Follow my post :)

Penn wrote: »
    Plus half the notes people leave on the ground are abysmal. "hidden path near". F*ck you! Hidden path WHERE? "behind you" What's behind me? What direction was I supposed to be facing to read this? Have I already killed what you're warning me about? Stop being f*cking cryptic!

When you create a not you have a fixed set of phrases to choose from. Most are just simple warnings but you get the odd one thats quite creative and funny.

• Advertisement

When you create a not you have a fixed set of phrases to choose from. Most are just simple warnings but you get the odd one thats quite creative and funny.

It's funny, it was actually just as I was typing my post I did think "Maybe they just have set words they can pick from as opposed to writing", but still, many of them they just shouldn't have bothered doing it at all.

Though at one point in another area, a giant hand grabbed me out of nowhere, held me up in the air and killed me. I still have no idea what happened.

My main issue with the game at this point is just the lack of purpose. I have no idea what I'm doing or why I'm doing it. No idea if I'm doing things right. No idea what half the items do. I'm literally just going around killing sh*t. And that's fine if that's all it is, but the lack of story and purpose just means I play for about an hour at most at a time because I don't feel the urge to keep playing.

The first part will become clearer as the game progresses, its driven by a game mechanic.

There is an incredibly deep lore and back story to Bloodborne, so much so that the one, full book on the story is something like 108 pages long. There's definitely no lack of story there, its primarily hidden in item descriptions. I'd say its about halfway through when the story starts to become a bit less murky though.

The general, I think spoiler-free gist is that
    the people of Yarnham figured out how to use blood transfusions for different things, and ended up becoming obsessed, hence it being the foundation of the religion. Every so often, some of the townsfolk lost their minds and transformed into beasts and went on the rampage. Gerhman, the wheelchair guy in the dream, invented the first trick weapons to fight the beasts, and set up The Hunters. You're a new hunter, and its the night of the hunt, so you have to hunt.

There's more too it than that, but it'll hopefully give you some beginning and backdrop.

*I don't mean to sound patronising if the post is

I actually thought out of all of the From games Bloodborne was probably the easiest to work out the general gist of for myself. There are loads of things I read up on after wards to fully get my head around it and things I simply didn't pick up on.

It's an interesting style of narrative that can be both rewarding and unsatisfying at the same time for different folks.

I did too, but I was definitely better versed in exploring and reading item descriptions after Dark Souls 1 + 2, I knew where I was looking

I did too, but I was definitely better versed in exploring and reading item descriptions after Dark Souls 1 + 2, I knew where I was looking

Me too. I love Dark Souls and can't stop playing DS3, gf keeps asking me "didn't you complete that or kill that boss last week ?" as I just keep doing NG+'s or making new characters for new playthroughs.

I have PSVR, Horizon, Persona 5 and many other new games just sitting there waiting to be played, but can't stop going back to DS3.

So I assumed I'd love Bloodborne too...but....I can't.....I'm just not feeling it.
    The world itself looks samey, dark and dreary (which I know was the point)....and the story...I don't seem to have an interest or clue .

I have tried and am trying to play and like it, and I'll hit it again tonight as someone the previous page told me where I should be going next. But I feel like tonight may be it's last chance for me, that I'm basically playing and sticking with it out of my love for Dark Souls.

Honestly, I can barely remember any of the bosses till now, none of em really stuck out as special ...especially in terms of mechanics. The only one was that optional witches fight...which was very easy tbh. (The others just seem to be large monsters that dark across from one side of the area to the other, have a few swing attacks, then dark fast across again)
    Gasgoine at the start was cool...but probably because he was my first REAL boss.
    They don't seem to have a patch on many of the bosses in the Souls series....my personal opinion. (which I HOPE changes tonight).

Me too. I love Dark Souls and can't stop playing DS3, gf keeps asking me "didn't you complete that or kill that boss last week ?" as I just keep doing NG+'s or making new characters for new playthroughs.

I have PSVR, Horizon, Persona 5 and many other new games just sitting there waiting to be played, but can't stop going back to DS3.

So I assumed I'd love Bloodborne too...but....I can't.....I'm just not feeling it.
    The world itself looks samey, dark and dreary (which I know was the point)....and the story...I don't seem to have an interest or clue .

I have tried and am trying to play and like it, and I'll hit it again tonight as someone the previous page told me where I should be going next. But I feel like tonight may be it's last chance for me, that I'm basically playing and sticking with it out of my love for Dark Souls.

Honestly, I can barely remember any of the bosses till now, none of em really stuck out as special ...especially in terms of mechanics. The only one was that optional witches fight...which was very easy tbh. (The others just seem to be large monsters that dark across from one side of the area to the other, have a few swing attacks, then dark fast across again)
    Gasgoine at the start was cool...but probably because he was my first REAL boss.
    They don't seem to have a patch on many of the bosses in the Souls series....my personal opinion. (which I HOPE changes tonight).

The witch of hemwick is the easiest boss in the game, and yes a great big disappointing push over.. the rest should give you more of a challenge. The souls games have disappointing easy bosses also however, DS3 is drenched in them; Vordt, Deacons, giant tree, Wolnir, Demon king to name a few.

You could also just be jaded of playing this game formula, it can happen, maybe jump into persona 5, and when you finish that, return to bloodborne.

Being a souls fan, Giving up on it without completing it would be disappointing, it really does have better lore and the weapons you can get make it so much more fun over Souls and give it better replay value, and at the point in the game you're at now, you havent seen many of the cool weapons. :P

Follow my post :)

Dude, I followed that, led me to the Forbidden woods, I've been there, I killed the Shadows of Yarnham ages ago.

Where now ?

Lvl 53 atm, do I need to level up before the next area ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Did you go to Byrgenwerth Sean? That's were you meet ROM. If so it's Ya'hargal or whatever it's called.

Head back to the Shadows and follow that path a little Sean

Dude, I followed that, led me to the Forbidden woods, I've been there, I killed the Shadows of Yarnham ages ago.

Where now ?

Lvl 53 atm, do I need to level up before the next area ?

Aye keep going passed where you killed the shadows, you will come to a building, make your way inside it and get to the 2nd floor balcony and jump off into the water for Rom boss fight.

After him you get ported to the next area, Yahar'Gul, the Unseen Village. If you have already killed Rom, go to the hunters dream and check the graves for a portal to Yahar'gul.

If you feel you're under leveled, i would recommend starting on the chalice dungeons. They are optional dungeons you can do for loot and echoes, seperate from the main story but fun none the less.

• Advertisement

Got to the Bloodstarved Beast and died.

To be honest, even though I was starting to enjoy the game a bit more, I'm just not going to bother going any further. Injustice 2 is out this week, Tekken 7 a few weeks after and then Crash Bandicoot a few weeks after. All games I want to play more than Bloodborne.

It's definitely a good game, and was my first taste of any of that type of game (as in never played any of the Dark Souls games). I enjoyed it a lot, but just didn't feel that pull to keep playing. That pull that says "Just another few minutes". If anything, I was wishing there were more checkpoints.

I might go back to it at some point in the future or depending on if there's a Bloodborne 2 announcement at E3, might wait for it depending on expected release.

Got to the Bloodstarved Beast and died.

To be honest, even though I was starting to enjoy the game a bit more, I'm just not going to bother going any further. Injustice 2 is out this week, Tekken 7 a few weeks after and then Crash Bandicoot a few weeks after. All games I want to play more than Bloodborne.

It's definitely a good game, and was my first taste of any of that type of game (as in never played any of the Dark Souls games). I enjoyed it a lot, but just didn't feel that pull to keep playing. That pull that says "Just another few minutes". If anything, I was wishing there were more checkpoints.

I might go back to it at some point in the future or depending on if there's a Bloodborne 2 announcement at E3, might wait for it depending on expected release.

Thing is, when you get to a new boss, you know the way back to him, you dont have to fight your way back, just run passed everything, the mobs stop chasing you and reset after a short chase.

Thing is, when you get to a new boss, you know the way back to him, you dont have to fight your way back, just run passed everything, the mobs stop chasing you and reset after a short chase.

Yeah and I did that a few times the other night getting past the guy on the rooftop with the gatling gun (before deciding not to bother fighting him at all), and opened a shortcut to get to the Bloodstarved Beast quicker. But I think when making your way through an area the first time, I'm taking it slow, reading notes, killing everything, looking for items, trying to find out where I'm supposed to go... It takes a fair bit of time and knowing if you die, you could have just lost half an hour or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Penn wrote:
    Yeah and I did that a few times the other night getting past the guy on the rooftop with the gatling gun (before deciding not to bother fighting him at all), and opened a shortcut to get to the Bloodstarved Beast quicker. But I think when making your way through an area the first time, I'm taking it slow, reading notes, killing everything, looking for items, trying to find out where I'm supposed to go... It takes a fair bit of time and knowing if you die, you could have just lost half an hour or more.

But the joy when you get to that shortcut/lamp is immense. Don't be afraid to Benny hill it too, make a run past enemies until you find the lamp. You can always go back for the goodies!

I'm gonna agree with Penn here, i can see why people love it, and there is a sense of achievement when you do finally beat a boss or find a shortcut, but in general it's too much repetitiveness. Traded it in. Not the type of game i like. Tried Dark Souls 1 & 2 and the same happened. Think i'll just avoid these types of games from now on (so won't be picking up The Surge either!).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm gonna agree with Penn here, i can see why people love it, and there is a sense of achievement when you do finally beat a boss or find a shortcut, but in general it's too much repetitiveness. Traded it in. Not the type of game i like. Tried Dark Souls 1 & 2 and the same happened. Think i'll just avoid these types of games from now on (so won't be picking up The Surge either!).

For play for trying three of them, some faith on your part.

but in general it's too much repetitiveness.

Better go pick up Diablo 3 then :rolleyes:

Better go pick up Diablo 3 then :rolleyes:

Got ME:A instead. Never played a Diablo game before, and i was tempted, but that has passed.

Also, what is it with the sarcastic comments in this thread? I've posted about 4 times and twice got a snarky or sarcastic answer... I think Bloodborne and Dark Souls is having a negative effect on ye...

I'd given up on this as was struggling to get by the difficulty spike after ROM but decided to go back to it yesterday as needed a break from the Abyss Watchers in souls and managed to get to Nightmare of Mensis. Amazing what a break does haha. I hope same applies to the aforementioned watchers.

• Advertisement

Microlash has got to be the crappest Boss fight ever.

ETA: By Crap I mean boring.

Advertisement