Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

I'd given up on this as was struggling to get by the difficulty spike after ROM but decided to go back to it yesterday as needed a break from the Abyss Watchers in souls and managed to get to Nightmare of Mensis. Amazing what a break does haha. I hope same applies to the aforementioned watchers.

Ah but you have 'Souls knowledge now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Ah but you have 'Souls knowledge now ;)

I'm stunned man, I did Mergos Wet Nurse in two goes and first time got her down to less then a third health. Got Gerhman down to half health before he killed me so switched it off as want to read before bed. Can't bloody believe it haha. Definitely the Souls games this week played a part I think. Have to say I bloody love both, this and Souls

Jesus the second phase in Gerhmans fight is tough. He deals some damage with that arcane burst thing and where he flies in the air and comes at you. Keep needing to go farming to restore the health viles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Have you got the expansion Doc? Might be best starting on that content now before tackling Gehrman, as you might end up going to NG+..

nix wrote: »
    Have you got the expansion Doc? Might be best starting on that content now before tackling Gehrman, as you might end up going to NG+..

No but I was considering trading the vanilla edition for the GOTY edition. Bit concerned it won't work with my save file though as I had set up a new profile in order to play the regular one (had previously bought the GOTY but traded it after struggling for a few days but then ended up buying regular one again). I could of course just buy it again and if it works trade this one. It's worth it yeah? How many hours game time in it?

• Advertisement

Picked up DLC. It's only €10 on PSN till Wed. Sweet.

DLC had some of the best areas in the game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Lads I finally beat Amelia last night. This is a big deal as I loved the game but abandoned it for month as the difficulty wall was like a punch in the face. But I went back to it last night as I missed the story and general vibe of being in that world. Downed her on the first go after farming the starting areas and looking for bits and pieces I may have missed.

I hear its the Witch of Hemwick in Charnel Lane I need to be going after this yes?

I hear its the Witch of Hemwick in Charnel Lane I need to be going after this yes?

They are optional but i prefer hitting that part next myself as you get a useful tool in the next room after that boss fight. Go right as soon as you leave the room you killed Amelia.

Oh and Gz on Amelia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

so only got to have a look at Hemwick last night for about 10 mins (the babs had other ideas), there is a lot of "nope" in there isn't there? It seems to be on big f**k off crematorium that disposes of bodies? From where? Why? A lot of new un-settling demented women folk in there too. Can't wait to get stuck into it a bit more.

• Advertisement

Right so since getting the DLC it's working on my own profile so I started a new character on Sunday. I've already done up to Forbidden Woods which took weeks before. Last game I rarely used the gun but have been on this one and it is immensely satisfying. Fought Father Gascoigne proper and parried my way through him and Blood Starved Beast whereas last play through I mainly cheesed Gascoigne between the graves. Last game I summoned for Darkbeast Paarl but did him myself this time in first go and Amelia took two. Parrying really enhances the satisfaction levels and makes me appreciate the game on a whole other level. I seemed to be playing so much better since returning to it and getting to Gehrman hence my reason for wanting to redo Gascoigne properly.

Charnel Lane one of my favourite areas to last poster.

It is a hell of a lot easier than Souls 3. Poxy Abyss Watchers killing it for me. I was doing great till them.

Oh my f*****g God this Old Hunters is insane. I'm just at the start of it. Does it have loads of permanent hunters throughout? Knew it would be tough, end game tough I read in this thread but this goes way beyond end game difficulty of the main game I think.

Oh my f*****g God this Old Hunters is insane. I'm just at the start of it. Does it have loads of permanent hunters throughout? Knew it would be tough, end game tough I read in this thread but this goes way beyond end game difficulty of the main game I think.

heh, yeah its srs bsns

Parry parry parry, thats what ya gotta do on them hunters, oh and, enjoy the first boss ;)

What level were ye all at completing the DLC? In my new game I'm level 60. Last Bosses done were Celestial Emmissary and Amygdala. Ebrietas and Logarius still to go. I'm getting destroyed In Nightmare of Mensis by Frenzy so Def need to raise my health as it wasn't this bad in me other game.

But on the DLC is 60 too low? I'm getting slaughtered
    in the cave after gatling gun guy.

Yeah i wouldnt start the DLC until ive killed all bosses except Gehrman, 60 is low, id say 90+ at least.. For first play through anywho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

60 is way low, when the game released most here were 80-90.

I'd say about level 70 should be your minimum

OK thanks. Off farming it is so.

Oh and I love the Beast cutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Chalice Dungeons are nice for farming if you've Depth 3 or 4 unlocked

F**k off Martyr Logarius. Without a doubt the hardest boss in main game for me. Shadows of Yharnham follow.

F**k off Martyr Logarius. Without a doubt the hardest boss in main game for me. Shadows of Yharnham follow.

Yeah the one that caused me the most rage and frustration

• Advertisement

I got Ludwig second go. I can't believe it haha. Heard he was one of, if not, the hardest in the whole game. Still can't get Logarius though.

Also got the whirligig saw. Deadly.

Haha you lucky fecker, ludwig had me raging a fair bit, even on recentish run throughs.. You must have got incredible Rng

If memory servers there was loot to be had by talking to him while wearing something :confused:

I also got him second try, but I was up around 120 by that point I think with a maxed weapon.

If memory servers there was loot to be had by talking to him while wearing something :confused:

I also got him second try, but I was up around 120 by that point I think with a maxed weapon.

Got a sword off him by talking to his head after. Finding the two hunters after harder.

Got a sword off him by talking to his head after. Finding the two hunters after harder.

Yeah the holy moonlight sword, incredible weapon, max out str and Arc and that weapon will do insane damage.

Its also in the Souls games also :P

nix wrote: »
    Yeah the holy moonlight sword, incredible weapon, max out str and Arc and that weapon will do insane damage.

Its also in the Souls games also :P

Yeah, I hadn't put anything into Arc so have started putting me echoes into that now. Some deadly weapons in the DLC. Have that sword, a beast cutter, a boom hammer and the Whirligig saw. Thought the whirligig would be better than it is but maybe when I put some shards into it it'll get better.

Laurence is destroying me. When I manage to land a few hits miniscule amounts of HP come off him. Tried to approach it like Cleric beast (they are the same aren't they?) but going nowhere fast. Excellent fight though.

Laurence is destroying me. When I manage to land a few hits miniscule amounts of HP come off him. Tried to approach it like Cleric beast (they are the same aren't they?) but going nowhere fast. Excellent fight though.

Time for Whirligig Saw :pac:

Time for Whirligig Saw :pac:

Whirligig was crap with him but it is only a +2 weapon so far. Worse than the holy moonlight which is +6 weapon. Saw cleaver is +9 but even that only took tiny amounts off. I have a feeling I'm underleveled at 83. I did manage to get to third phase by summoning Valtr but he died quickly enough during first phase. Third phase is brutal. See no windows to hit as everywhere is covered in lava.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Is he an optional boss? His name didn't ring a bell and when I looked the fight up on YouTube I knew I didn't fight him. I've the game finished so don't know how I missed him.

Advertisement