Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Well done man. I found playing the music box the moment he changed could get a few strong hits in and then dodging into his attacks rather than away from them made it easy to finish him off.

Living failures were grand but how do you solve a problem like Maria? She's fast and Deadly. Cool fight, probably my favourite so far.

You put down your feelings and kick her ass.

She's a great fight imo, just keep working your dodges and parries and you'll get her eventually. There's no secret to her, just takes skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Can't believe I'm looking at the end credits of Bloodborne. I never would have expected to have finished this months ago. Will I bother with a NG+ or give Dark Souls 1 a go? Decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Can't believe I'm looking at the end credits of Bloodborne. I never would have expected to have finished this months ago. Will I bother with a NG+ or give Dark Souls 1 a go? Decisions.

You killed all bosses? all chalice dungeons complete?

This and the souls games are the only games i bothered getting the platinum trophy on..

nix wrote: »
    You killed all bosses? all chalice dungeons complete?

This and the souls games are the only games i bothered getting the platinum trophy on..

No chalice Dungeons. Well up to ROM in whatever that is. Yes in main game and DLC but had to summon Valtr and use choir bell twice for Laurence.

ah ya gotta kill all bosses atleast :)

Away to the chalice dungeons with ya! :P

• Advertisement

Chalice dungeons are always good for revisiting the game if that's something you're like to do?

The second play through does tend to be easier and more enjoyable than the first.

Did you beat the Orphan yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Hit my first real roadblock with the Blood Starved Beast, using the saw cleaver at +3 but doing very little damage. I can get him down to half way easily with the NPC summon but once he starts going mental I just can't survive long enough to kill him. Any tips?

Hit my first real roadblock with the Blood Starved Beast, using the saw cleaver at +3 but doing very little damage. I can get him down to half way easily with the NPC summon but once he starts going mental I just can't survive long enough to kill him. Any tips?

Use fire paper and molotovs. When dodging go sideways. Can't recall direction (though I think it's left) so try both. When poisoned heal before antidote. You can still parry and follow with visceral attack. When he blows out that crap back off. Instant kill otherwise.

If you're using NPC take over attack to give them time to heal also.

Digital Solitude - yeah beat Orphan of Kos. He was a fecker. Took me all night and barely got him, one more hit and I was dead so really fluked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Beat Shadows of Yharnam after about 6 attempts. Straight forward enough if you leave the caster till last.It took me a while to cop on to this though:)

Is Byrgenwerth the next logical path? I have yet to discover Iosefka clinic. That is optional as I understand and I might do that as a pallet cleanser before I get into anything too heavy first. I have read that Cainhurst is also an option? Byrgenwerth seems more obvious as it is right down the road of Shadows fight.

Yeah byrgenwerth is next stage. To get to Cainhurst you need
    the summons which is in Iosefkas clinic, the room you first woke up in.

• Advertisement

Use fire paper and molotovs. When dodging go sideways. Can't recall direction (though I think it's left) so try both. When poisoned heal before antidote. You can still parry and follow with visceral attack. When he blows out that crap back off. Instant kill otherwise.

If you're using NPC take over attack to give them time to heal also.

Digital Solitude - yeah beat Orphan of Kos. He was a fecker. Took me all night and barely got him, one more hit and I was dead so really fluked it.

Thanks, I was really getting frustrated with him, must have had over 20 attempts and that one hit kill grab attack was getting me every time. Fire paper worked wonders in the end, I actually found him easier without the summon, far more predictable and easier to stick to a rhythm. Just stayed close and only attacked from behind and made short work of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Yeah byrgenwerth is next stage. To get to Cainhurst you need
    the summons which is in Iosefkas clinic, the room you first woke up in.

A lot of people are saying Cainhurst is quite tough and to leave that till after Byrgenwerth? I might do that as I am really interested to get more story hints. I still have some house keeping to do in Grand Cathdral though. I need to help Eileen and kill off the 2 hunters that are there,

A lot of people are saying Cainhurst is quite tough and to leave that till after Byrgenwerth? I might do that as I am really interested to get more story hints. I still have some house keeping to do in Grand Cathdral though. I need to help Eileen and kill off the 2 hunters that are there,

I found the Boss of Cainhurst difficult but apart from that the area was actually grand. It's a cool area. But I don't think it really matters in what order you do them. Byrgenwerth is the next area which progresses the story. If you want to continue with Eileens storyline you must do it before the Boss in Byrgenwerth. That's something I didn't do in my last play through and ended up having to fight her instead of the Crow fella.

If you want to know the easiest way to kill Blood starved beast:
    Pungent Blood Cocktail

Id hit cainhurst after killing Rom, its best to go to iosefkas clinic then anyway, as you can get the umbilical cord then also

Have to say I'm really not enjoying the bosses in this game at all, I love the general gameplay, atmosphere, pacing, exploration etc. The problem is I'm getting really into the game then bang, theres a boss fight and suddenly the game becomes a frustrating, repetitive slog and it kills the flow, especially with having to farm for vials. I'm gonna stick with it as still really enjoying the game, its just the bosses are annoying me a lot more than Dark Souls ever did

I think that would be one of my issues too, the estus system in dark souls was fine why change for this? That said it really only became an issue late game or chalice dungeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Folks where is the cheapest to pick this up? I thought my brother had it on disk but it turns out he doesn't so want to pick it up now.

Does it go on sale on PSN that often?

Drops down to about €20 for the GOTY every so often, try geizhals.eu

Anyone ever see this video? It goes into the interconnected areas in the game and shows how you can view certain areas from others. Makes me appreciate the job From do in these games even more than I did. I would never ever notice such things.

Just got this and never played a Souls game before. Any advice for a starting character?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Probably best to play it safe if this is your first Souls game. Focus on levelling Health, Stamina and Strength. Axe is probably the best starting weapon.

Dark Souls has shields to hide behind, no shields in Bloodborne. You'll need to play aggressive.

You'll die a lot, don't be disheartened.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Probably best to play it safe if this is your first Souls game. Focus on levelling Health, Stamina and Strength. Axe is probably the best starting weapon.

Dark Souls has shields to hide behind, no shields in Bloodborne. You'll need to play aggressive.

You'll die a lot, don't be disheartened.

Does it matter what character you pick?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Does it matter what character you pick?

Not really. I think "Violent Past" is a good one to start off with. Good health + stamina, high starting strength.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Not really. I think "Violent Past" is a good one to start off with. Good health + stamina, high starting strength.

I ended up picking Professional and Cane as a weapon. Might start again with something else.

Got killed by the wolf thong 5 times but beat him in the end and killed the three guys in the next area without been hit :) and went up a ladder and back where I went when I died first now.

Spend some time in that first area trying the different weapons in both forms and go what feels right for you, for me it was the saw cleaver but for you it could be the axe or cane. You'll get other weapons and gear but I played 90% of the game with the same starting ones I think.

Spend some time in that first area trying the different weapons in both forms and go what feels right for you, for me it was the saw cleaver but for you it could be the axe or cane. You'll get other weapons and gear but I played 90% of the game with the same starting ones I think.

Weapon forms?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Weapon forms?

Tap L1

The character creation screen just gives your initial stat spread, you can go from any start to any styled build you want.

The three starting weapons are all solid choices, personal preference is the main thing between them.

As for combat, you're better off dodging and saving health than trading blows, if you trade blows you'll lose every time. You can dodge almost every attack in the game, with good reason.

And there's a high skill floor to the game, once you beat the third or fourth boss you'll be in your stride. Its a bit of a slog at the start but its great once it clicks.

Stamina is more important than health. If you've no stamina, you're definitely getting hit, if you've any health, you've a chance.

I'm lost now. I walked through an area with loads of enemies and a big fire. I went through an arch on the left and broke a few coffins and fell into an area with a load of dogs. Am I meant to go this way?

If you want to, I'd tip off to the left in your shoes.

• Advertisement

I think if you go that way you'll run into a few shortcuts that will make getting around that area quicker. If you come to a bridge with some normal enemies on it, that's the main progression route but there's another bridge, with two werewolves, that you might want to check out first. Up to you though.

Advertisement