Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm lost now. I walked through an area with loads of enemies and a big fire. I went through an arch on the left and broke a few coffins and fell into an area with a load of dogs. Am I meant to go this way?

Went that way killed two guys in a room (one in a wheelchair) then decided to go back the way I came, back to where I dropped down originally, and crossed a little bridge, spoke to some woman at a window, went into the building beside her and got murdered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

emmetkenny wrote:
    Went that way killed two guys in a room (one in a wheelchair) then decided to go back the way I came, back to where I dropped down originally, and crossed a little bridge, spoke to some woman at a window, went into the building beside her and got murdered

Was my first souls game too. Took me about 12 hrs to do what you've done!

sweetie wrote: »
    Was my first souls game too. Took me about 12 hrs to do what you've done!

It's not to bad. I'm just going really slow and getting into fights 1v1. Dodge, attack, dodge, attack... Slow and steady :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

If you go up the stairs in the house with the wheelchair guy, go outside and take a left. There's a big troll thing thats hard enough to kill but if you beat him you'll meet the first (optional) boss. He's easy enough to kill and long as you stay close and behind him.

If you go up the stairs in the house with the wheelchair guy, go outside and take a left. There's a big troll thing thats hard enough to kill but if you beat him you'll meet the first (optional) boss. He's easy enough to kill and long as you stay close and behind him.

I've only been playing a little more than an hour... Maybe I should get my health and stamina up a bit before tackling bosses :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

I beat him first time after only a few level upgrades iirc, he's simple enough but he's optional anyway, doesn't open up a new path or anything so no rush

I beat him first time after only a few level upgrades iirc, he's simple enough but he's optional anyway, doesn't open up a new path or anything so no rush

I've leveled nothing up yet.... Because I haven't figured out how, or what I need actually upgrade my stats :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I've leveled nothing up yet.... Because I haven't figured out how, or what I need actually upgrade my stats :pac:

Theres a doll in the hunters dream (the place in the lamp) that comes alive when you get 1 insight, you get insight when you see your first boss. So you will need to trigger the first boss and kill him, or trigger the fight and then portal back out with an item called: "Hunters mark"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There's an item called Madman's Knowledge down the sewers that gives you insight, handier than taking on the Cleric Beast if you're not ready for him yet and are going to waste Bold Hunter Marks or Echo's in there.

nix wrote: »
    Theres a doll in the hunters dream (the place in the lamp) that comes alive when you get 1 insight, you get insight when you see your first boss. So you will need to trigger the first boss and kill him, or trigger the fight and then portal back out with an item called: "Hunters mark"

So I can't upgrade character stats until I fight a boss?

• Advertisement

There's an item called Madman's Knowledge down the sewers that gives you insight, handier than taking on the Cleric Beast if you're not ready for him yet and are going to waste Bold Hunter Marks or Echo's in there.

oh nice, i never thought about doing that..
    So I can't upgrade character stats until I fight a boss?

That or do what digi said above :)

oh nice, i never thought about doing that..

That or do what digi said above :)

Discovered it by accident searching for the fastest way to the second boss. Needless to say I was glad to not walk into him expecting to drop 5k Echo's.

Are Echos the things shown top right of your screen? If I die do I loose all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Are Echos the things shown top right of your screen? If I die do I loose all of them?

Yes and yes. But there will be a blood pool on the spot you died so you can collect the echoes back.

But if you die again before picking up those echoes, they're gone for good.

Yes and yes, but you can go back and pick them back up again, but if you die on the way back to them, they are lost forever.

Also sometimes an enemy might pick them up on you and you will have to kill them to get them back, so if you go back to where you died and cant find the pool of blood, look for an enemy whos eyes are glowing and kill them to get them back, bosses dont pick them up however..

Yep, you get them by killing enemies. When you die, you drop what's called a Bloodstain where you died (or just before if you fell off a cliff or something).

All your Echo's are held in this bloodstain, you get them back by simply picking it up again.

You're going to end up losing thousands and thousands of Echo's, and that's okay. The first time you lose 1500 you'll be heartbroken. By the end of the game, you basically write off any losses under 20k or so. In NG++, unless you're dropping 200k+ in one go, its not a big deal. So don't worry about losing them, there's always more.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yes and yes. But there will be a blood pool on the spot you died so you can collect the echoes back.

But if you die before picking up those echoes, they're gone for good.

And what are they used for? Can I store them somewhere so if I die I won't lose as many?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

And what are they used for? Can I store them somewhere so if I die I won't lose as many?

Used for leveling up, buying items and upgrading weapons but no you can't store then anywhere.

Used for leveling up, buying items and upgrading weapons but no you can't store then anywhere.

Seems unfair but you rarely have to worry.

I level up, spend a few on Blood Vials, the rest on Bullets and that's that, normally left with less than 500 which is negligible.

Seems unfair but you rarely have to worry.

I level up, spend a few on Blood Vials, the rest on Bullets and that's that, normally left with less than 500 which is negligible.

Ok. Will keep that in mind.

I'm enjoying using the cane. Just need a top hat and monacle to set off my classy look :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm enjoying using the cane.

threaded cane? a bold choice, hard weapon for the early game content in my opinion. Good luck ! :P

There's a top hat floating about in Yarnham :D

The cane is top notch IMO, my favourite of the starting weapons. You've slash, serrated and piercing in one.

threaded cane? a bold choice, hard weapon for the early game content in my opinion. Good luck ! :P

I seem to be killing things quick enough but that could change pretty quickly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I seem to be killing things quick enough but that could change pretty quickly :D

Oh it will. "Sooner or later..."

Ah its grand for the most part, but i found its move set misses more than say the saw cleaver.

Its probably a good thing you started with it as you dont know any better, i cant not start with the saw cleaver when i roll a new character :D

Ah its grand for the most part, but i found its move set misses more than say the saw cleaver.

Its probably a good thing you started with it as you dont know any better, i cant not start with the saw cleaver when i roll a new character :D

The cleaver is class but you get the spear so quickly I find it nicer to have the cane as a backup.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Oh it will. "Sooner or later..."

Thanks for that, watched the trailer to hear it and now I want Bloodborne :(

:D

Got to the room with the guy in the wheelchair after dying about 10 times on the way because I was been to aggressive. Paniced, ran into a wall and got killed killed :(

This is past the burning thing, behind the coffins, off to the left of the dogs?

When you get there next, head straight through when you clear the lower floor.

• Advertisement

This is past the burning thing, behind the coffins, off to the left of the dogs?

When you get there next, head straight through when you clear the lower floor.

Theres a big giant banging a door to your right and three crows behind him. I killed all of them but broke a load of boxes and jumped down a gap in the fence. Theres a load of dogs in cages. I went to the left down a long alley, if I look right I can see two giants. I kept straight on and come to a dark room with two guys in it, one in a wheelchair. Haven't gotten any further yet.

Advertisement