Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Theres a big giant banging a door to your right and three crows behind him. I killed all of them but broke a load of boxes and jumped down a gap in the fence. Theres a load of dogs in cages. I went to the left down a long alley, if I look right I can see two giants. I kept straight on and come to a dark room with two guys in it, one in a wheelchair. Haven't gotten any further yet.

Did it :D back to the first lamp at the top of a ladder.

Does the game save when I go back to the hunters dream?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The game saves every couple of seconds. A bit annoying if you get disconnected in the middle of a fight. Happened to me once, loaded back in to be hit within 1 second by an executioner.

The game saves every couple of seconds. A bit annoying if you get disconnected in the middle of a fight. Happened to me once, loaded back in to be hit within 1 second by an executioner.

Thanks for that. I just spent all my blood on health potions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've never been loaded into a fight before, in any Souls game. Must be extremely rare!

Its a great feeling finding the Lamp. There's loads of areas where you'll be sitting on one lamp for ages but still progressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Did you open the big gate for the shortcut? When you drop down by the dogs, keep left then go straight ahead and up some stairs and you'll find the shortcut back to the light

• Advertisement

Did you open the big gate for the shortcut? When you drop down by the dogs, keep left then go straight ahead and up some stairs and you'll find the shortcut back to the light

Yea went through a building up some stairs and I'm back to the first lamp I lit.

Ok I'm at the Cleric Beast (camera is a joke when locked onto him) but I saw a lamp back at the well where you kill the big guy with a brick in his hand banging on the door. If I stand over this lamp it asks me to summon Fr Gasgoine.

If I summon him here will he help me fight the Cleric Beast?

Yeah I'd recommend not locking on, bridge fights have always been a weak point of the targeting system used.

He will, the Beast will have more health though!

Yeah I'd recommend not locking on, bridge fights have always been a weak point of the targeting system used.

He will, the Beast will have more health though!

Got about a quarter off his health. Just can't seem to stagger him as he goes to attack me.

Stick to his back like glue , or at least his sides if the bridge stops you and you're golden he can't hurt you. I favored charged axe attacks in the game maybe more than I should have but here you do have time to charge attacks.

I can't wait for your thoughts once you beat him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Started another playthrough. Thought I wouldn't go back to it after platinuming it but it's such a brilliant game. Head and shoulders above the rest of the Souls games.

Also, it's strange how DS3 is the newer game yet looks far worse than Bloodborne.

Stick to his back like glue , or at least his sides if the bridge stops you and you're golden he can't hurt you. I favored charged axe attacks in the game maybe more than I should have but here you do have time to charge attacks.

I can't wait for your thoughts once you beat him :D

I kept fighting him head on :D if I tried to roll past he got me after I got stuck in his legs.

I got new armour down in a sewer that seems to help me take a bit more damage, but I got killed by a warthog or something in a tunnel and lost 9000 blood things.

I think I'll start a new character with the Saw or Axe seen as I've gotten a hang of the early game and I won't loose insight or waste my items, and people seem to think the cane is the weakest starting weapon :)

Cane probably is the weakest, its decent later on but is available to buy after a while anyways.

If you have found the Saw Spear (near the pig...ish) its quite similar to the cleaver, different tricked moveset though.

The cane will do extra DMG to the Cleric Beast in whip form if you haven't tried that.

Starting again can be a good shout, you'll know how to open the shortcuts and find the boss earlier, so less wasted echo's overall overly.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Started another playthrough. Thought I wouldn't go back to it after platinuming it but it's such a brilliant game. Head and shoulders above the rest of the Souls games.

Also, it's strange how DS3 is the newer game yet looks far worse than Bloodborne.

I've found that too, I think Bloodborne is lovely looking. The 60fps in Dark Souls is tasty though, on PC anyways.

I'd say objectively its by far the best game, Dark Souls 1 has a special place in my heart though.

I think I'm going to replay Demon Souls soon, have many of ye played it?

Cane probably is the weakest, its decent later on but is available to buy after a while anyways.

If you have found the Saw Spear (near the pig...ish) its quite similar to the cleaver, different tricked moveset though.

The cane will do extra DMG to the Cleric Beast in whip form if you haven't tried that.

Starting again can be a good shout, you'll know how to open the shortcuts and find the boss earlier, so less wasted echo's overall overly.

I got a Madman above the Pig and a Bloodstone in the sewer as well. Other than the new armour I didn't see anything else down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I think I'll start a new character with the Saw or Axe seen as I've gotten a hang of the early game and I won't loose insight or waste my items, and people seem to think the cane is the weakest starting weapon :)

If you are gonna do that, i recommend the saw cleaver. Its quick and does good damage. The axe is also good, its two handed mode can be very effective against some bosses due to its large hit radius. You can stagger the likes of the cleric beast pretty easily. But overall its slower and quick enemies will feck you over..

The cleaver is just the best all rounder in the game IMO, you will likely try out other weapons in the game as you progress, there are alot :P

I think I'm going to replay Demon Souls soon, have many of ye played it?

I bought a ps3 (again) and the game off adverts, im just waiting to move into my new place as the room im in is small, and i have too many rigs/consoles plugged in as it is.. I've never played it :D

Demons Souls is very, very decent. Quite difficult, easily the hardest game to solo discounting Chalice Dungeons. A great game nonetheless. I hope you enjoy it! I think the online is down now though.

I agree re: cleaver being the best starting weapon, I've done full runs with it as a primary weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I played through demons as a mage or pyro and found it pretty much easiest of them all. Fantastic game, prob my third fave after ds1 and BB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

J. Marston wrote: »

Well that's a bold and completely subjective statement.

My least favorite and the only one I've ever stopped playing before completion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I got a Madman above the Pig and a Bloodstone in the sewer as well. Other than the new armour I didn't see anything else down there.

The saw spear is in the room just before the sewers.
    Right after you talk to the oul one enter the building and crash through the barrels on the right. There's a few corpses hanging there, you need to cut them down then go down into the room and again jump down into the room with a load of rats to pick it up.

But I'd also recommend the saw cleaver. I pretty much stuck with it throughout.

• Advertisement

The saw spear is in the room just before the sewers.
    Right after you talk to the oul one enter the building and crash through the barrels on the right. There's a few corpses hanging there, you need to cut them down then go down into the room and again jump down into the room with a load of rats to pick it up.

But I'd also recommend the saw cleaver. I pretty much stuck with it throughout.

I went into the sewers a different way I think. I ended up on a roof overlooking the first bonfire. I broke a load of boxes behind me and claimed down two ladders.

I went into the sewers a different way I think. I ended up on a roof overlooking the first bonfire. I broke a load of boxes behind me and claimed down two ladders.

Thats a sewer but not the main sewer, its more of a secret area, Nick is talking about the sewers leading up to the giant piggy/2nd boss.
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    Well that's a bold and completely subjective statement.

My least favorite and the only one I've ever stopped playing before completion.

Why would you stop playing this masterpiece mid way? You're the only souls fan ive ever seen to share this opinion about BB. Thinking maybe you should give it another go, When you're not jaded with Dark souls.

nix wrote: »
    Thats a sewer but not the main sewer, its more of a secret area, Nick is talking about the sewers leading up to the giant piggy/2nd boss.

I got to that Pig by jumping down from my sewer after picking up see new clothes. The pig one shot me so I didn't go back.

I got to that Pig by jumping down from my sewer after picking up see new clothes. The pig one shot me so I didn't go back.

I never did that, always figured id die from the drop :D

You can get to the place were talking by going from the main lamp beside the shortcut you opened to get to the cleric beast. As if you're going to the cleric from that lamp, instead of going up the stairs in the house, go through the door opposite the door you enter and proceed straight you will eventually get to the sewers, you're nearly there when you're surrounded by dogs in cages..

nix wrote: »
    I never did that, always figured id die from the drop :D

You can get to the place were talking by going from the main lamp beside the shortcut you opened to get to the cleric beast. As if you're going to the cleric from that lamp, instead of going up the stairs in the house, go through the door opposite the door you enter and proceed straight you will eventually get to the sewers, you're nearly there when you're surrounded by dogs in cages..

I know where that is. I smashed a load of coffins where you first see crows and jumped down with a load of caged dogs.

I know where that is. I smashed a load of coffins where you first see crows and jumped down with a load of caged dogs.

Thats another way of getting there, you got it! :pac:

Restarted with the Saw and a Warrior build. Just got the shortcut through the kennel area open after 45 minutes.

Easy peasy :D

Character 1 (Professional and Threaded Cane) - Level 16, 8 hours and just at the Cleric Beast. Died countless times.

Character 2 (Military Veteran, I think and Saw) - Level 18, 2 hours and just at the Cleric Beast. Died twice, and one was in the starting room.

Enjoying it much more now that I've started anew.

Killed the Cleric Beast on my first go with my new character, and I've cleared everything up to Gascoigne now as well.

Got the CB stunned after hitting him with an Oil Urn and a Molotov so got a visceral attack off for massive damage. Still used 17 blood vials though as I kept getting caught against a wall trying to move around behind him.

Great game and absolutely loving the setting :)

Gascoigne is down as well. Almost got him on my second go when I got his health down to a fraction of red showing. Then I paniced ran into a tree and was killed :(

Anyway I got a red jewel thing and gave it to his daughter (the one who gave me the music box) was I meant to do this? The description said I could make a weapon gem or something out of it.

• Advertisement

You can but the gem is fairly crap iirc

Fair play on downing Gas so soon, he's the first real roadblock for many

Advertisement