Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You can but the gem is fairly crap iirc

Fair play on downing Gas so soon, he's the first real roadblock for many

I got the hang of dodging his attacks in his first two phases and think I was only hit three or four times.

When he turned into the wolf I was right beside him so I bashed him with 3 Molotov and legged it upstairs. I stunned him with the box thing then and swung for the hills :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I got the hang of dodging his attacks in his first two phases and think I was only hit three or four times.

When he turned into the wolf I was right beside him so I bashed him with 3 Molotov and legged it upstairs. I stunned him with the box thing then and swung for the hills :pac:

Well done man. I suspect there are lot of people out there who dropped it at Father Gazza :rolleyes:(if they hadn't already given up after the first bonfire area). Either they traded it or cracked the BRD into loads of pieces. I was one of them but ended up buying again and gitting gud this time and love it. One of my favourite games I over 30 years of gaining. Anyone who bests Gazza will be well able for what's to come :cool:

Well done man. I suspect there are lot of people out there who dropped it at Father Gazza :rolleyes:(if they hadn't already given up after the first bonfire area). Either they traded it or cracked the VR into loads if pieces. I was one of them but ended up buying again and gitting gud this time and love it. One of my favourite games I over 30 years of gaining. Anyone who bests Gazza will be we able for what's to come :cool:

My Saw was +3 so i was doing good damage to him. I got so frustrated when I almost had him and ran into a tree, nearly turned it off for the night :pac:

Does anyone know where to get the Future Press guide for the DLC? I got the one for the main game so I'd like to add the second one to the collection!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Does anyone know where to get the Future Press guide for the DLC? I got the one for the main game so I'd like to add the second one to the collection!!

According to Waterstones it is getting a reprint, wouldn't surprise me seeing as a reprint of the main guide came out 2 months ago.

There is an Amazon US seller selling a copy for $9.99 plus shipping. Don't exactly think its trustworthy though, the seller ships from Ohio yet has a Chinese location in the profile name and no previous items for sale.

• Advertisement

According to Waterstones it is getting a reprint, wouldn't surprise me seeing as a reprint of the main guide came out 2 months ago.

There is an Amazon US seller selling a copy for $9.99 plus shipping. Don't exactly think its trustworthy though, the seller ships from Ohio yet has a Chinese location in the profile name and no previous items for sale.

Cheers for that. Theres one on Adverts but the seller has it as part of a bundle and doesn't want to split.

It looks like I'll have to wait for a reprint so :(

No disrespect intended, but feel compelled to ask why somebody would pay for a guide when there are literally hundreds available online? Back in the day I may have considered purchasing a guide if stuck on a certain part but would never cross my mind to do so now. Majority of problems can be figured out (not necessarily solved) at this click of a mouse so why needlessly spend the few quid. Not having a go, each to their own and all that, just curious.

No disrespect intended, but feel compelled to ask why somebody would pay for a guide when there are literally hundreds available online? Back in the day I may have considered purchasing a guide if stuck on a certain part but would never cross my mind to do so now. Majority of problems can be figured out (not necessarily solved) at this click of a mouse so why needlessly spend the few quid. Not having a go, each to their own and all that, just curious.

No disrespect taken at all. I've never bought a guide before but seen as this was my first Souls game and I was late to the party I thought the community would have died down a little and I had heard all Souls games are very though.

I really like the Artwork and design of the guide. It's really nice to hold and I've been having a quick browse of it most evenings reading about the different enemies, item's and weapons.

After I kill a boss I've gone to the guide and read about that boss to see his backstory etc (sometimes I miss these things in game). It's also funny to read their advice on the best approach for a boss when I've gone in jumping, rolling and swinging :pac:

Theres also a really nice interview with Miyazaki at the back of the guide.

I think I'm going to start picking up a few of these hard backed Future Press guides and start a little collection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've got a Dark Souls ones, got it after hundreds of hours in the games because its absolutely beautiful.

That's literally it, there's very little 'content' for me but they look great, and I want to pick up the Bloodborne one when I can.

I've got a Dark Souls ones, got it after hundreds of hours in the games because its absolutely beautiful.

That's literally it, there's very little 'content' for me but they look great, and I want to pick up the Bloodborne one when I can.

• Advertisement

Should I fight Vicar Amelia or Blood Starved Beast first? I think I've managed to get all shortcuts to both bosses but after reading here they are both very though so not sure which one to tackle.

I'd normally fight the BSB first but there's advantages to doing Amelia first too.

Go away with your reading ahead stuff, the games are supposed to be explored and discovered. Can't do that if you know whats coming, I did the same thing my first Dark Souls run and I regret it.

Only a suggestion now, not sure how that reads :D

I'd normally fight the BSB first but there's advantages to doing Amelia first too.

Go away with your reading ahead stuff, the games are supposed to be explored and discovered. Can't do that if you know whats coming, I did the same thing my first Dark Souls run and I regret it.

Only a suggestion now, not sure how that reads :D

I'm only reading the guide after I get through an area, so far I haven't missed much but have gone back and collected it after checking the guide :)

I know I'm at the BSB because someone here said they summoned Alfred and there's a lamp on the ground to summon him, so I put 2 and 2 together :pac:

I'm assuming I'm standing in front of Amelia because I'm in a church and everything seems to lead to these stairs.

I've also went to an area with a small area of trees and lots of graves. I got to the top of a hill and was killed by a brick troll twice so I left that area to come back to later.

I went to another area with two hunters who I killed, went down a hill and there was two executioners there so I turned around :pac:

I left the guy in Old Yarnharm with the big gun because he was ripping me apart.

Hence my choice of BSB or Amelia :D

Went with Amelia and killed her in one go. I called in Henriett to help but I think I might have managed it on my own anyway.

I took loads of health off her with Molotov's and managed to get behind her for a charged attack followed up with a Visceral attack. Stunned her twice more after that so she didn't even get a chance to move.

I think I might have been a bit over leveled at 38 and my Saw Cleaver +5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Went with Amelia and killed her in one go. I called in Henriett to help but I think I might have managed it on my own anyway.

I took loads of health off her with Molotov's and managed to get behind her for a charged attack followed up with a Visceral attack. Stunned her twice more after that so she didn't even get a chance to move.

Summoning? booooo :pac:

nix wrote: »
    Summoning? booooo :pac:

Yea after reading here how though she was I thought I'd need backup :) what I didn't factor in was other players may have been a lower level

Amelia isn't too bad. No need for summonsed IMO. Dodge forwards and use numbing mists when she heals.

Don't summon for Blood Starved Beast, I watched a Prepare to Try episode where they summoned and it's so much harder with the summons.

Amelia isn't too bad. No need for summonsed IMO. Dodge forwards and use numbing mists when she heals.

Don't summon for Blood Starved Beast, I watched a Prepare to Try episode where they summoned and it's so much harder with the summons.

I'm going after him tonight. I have Oil, Molotov's and Fire Paper ready.

I also read here that Blood Cocktail (or something like that, it's in a red liquid in a jar in the item screen) is good for him. I've never used one so don't know what they do.

I'm going after him tonight. I have Oil, Molotov's and Fire Paper ready.

I also read here that Blood Cocktail (or something like that, it's in a red liquid in a jar in the item screen) is good for him. I've never used one so don't know what they do.

BSB is down first go. I ran around a pillar for most of it and just melted him with my little flamethrower. Nice fight though and though enough, used a good few vials and antidotes.

BSB is down first go. I ran around a pillar for most of it and just melted him with my little flamethrower. Nice fight though and though enough, used a good few vials and antidotes.

Well done man you're flying through it. You'll be finished in no time at this rate. You get DLC? Much tougher overall.

• Advertisement

Well done man you're flying through it. You'll be finished in no time at this rate. You get DLC? Much tougher overall.

Got the game of the year.

I went through the door to the right in the Cathedral and cleared that area after killing the BSB. Got loads of good items there (I think :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finchy! Love that show.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Finchy! Love that show.

Yeah man I enjoy it but was afraid to say it :pac: in case I get stick from ye all.
    Only started with Bloodborne as I'd just finished it so could relate to a lot of their frustrations. I've watched Dark Souls 3 to a point so no further than I am at present. Will prob do same with DS1 if and when I start and finish that (was playing a 360 version and it's controls seem wonky, presume it's the console rather than the game).

And I've come across my first disappointing boss fight. The Witches of Hemlock were more like two strong enemies than a boss.

Also got to a big electric guy boss but just jumped in to see some of his moves as I was switching off for the night. Looks like it's going to be a though one :pac:

And I've come across my first disappointing boss fight. The Witches of Hemlock were more like two strong enemies than a boss.

Also got to a big electric guy boss but just jumped in to see some of his moves as I was switching off for the night. Looks like it's going to be a though one :pac:

Got Paarl second go. Managed to get behind him and get of a few R2 charged hits. He ended up whacking me into a corner but I rolled past him and kept him pinned in. Had the fight over in less than two minutes

Got Paarl second go. Managed to get behind him and get of a few R2 charged hits. He ended up whacking me into a corner but I rolled past him and kept him pinned in. Had the fight over in less than two minutes

Yep, Paarl certainly looks more intimidating than he is. You been through the Forbidden Woods yet?

Yep, Paarl certainly looks more intimidating than he is. You been through the Forbidden Woods yet?

Nope. Went to a college place because I was grabbed by something. Then went back to fight Paarl. Think the Woods are the next place to go though. I'm level 52 now with my saw cleaver +6

Nope. Went to a college place because I was grabbed by something. Then went back to fight Paarl. Think the Woods are the next place to go though. I'm level 52 now with my saw cleaver +6

:) that was gaol not college.

I was in a college as well, load of enemies spitting water at me and had big stretchy arms. Got picked up by a giant spider thing when I ran into a room

• Advertisement

You can reach the Lecture Building really early using the Tonsil Stone. Never found it much use myself

Advertisement