Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Icaras wrote: »
    Replaying the game at the moment, when do the dungeons start giving good loot and do the different chalices give different dungeons? I played through 3 or 4 on the first playthough but didnt get much out of it....

Define good, if you play them at a reasonable level for the depth, they're always useful.

If you clear the game and then come back to them, its only Depth 4 and 5 ones that you'll find useful stuff in, aside from Blood Shards.

For example, the Depth 1 Puthumerian Chalice (get it from the BSB), is the same for every single player, every single time. The Depth 1 Puthumerian Root Chalice is random every time its made. So me and you would have different ones, and if I build it twice, I'll get two different dungeons.

If its got Root in the name, its randomized when its built, if it doesn't have Root then its a set dungeon, same for everyone.

If you wanted to get into PvP you basically don't have a choice but to farm (this is an example cos I can't remember the Depth 5 names) Defiled Fetid Sinister Lower Pthumeru Root Chalice. So its random every time, you get half health, more powerful enemies and some other nerf I can't remember, but you get the most powerful Blood Gems possible. And hundreds of thousands of echo's per dungeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Amygadala and Rom down.

Rom wasn't to bad and I got him down first go. Those little spiders hit hard though. I'd no vials left coming out and just barely got him before he got me.

My Tontis did serious damage with a charged L2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Jesus you're flying, Rom took me ages!

sweetie wrote: »
    Jesus you're flying, Rom took me ages!

I'd say I'm well over leveled. Just killed a hunter in the grand cathedral. He was a c**t

Rom is where most people hit a wall, fair play for beating the Bloody Crow, he's an animal.

• Advertisement

Rom is where most people hit a wall, fair play for beating the Bloody Crow, he's an animal.

I ran away with about 5% health down the steps to heal and he followed me but really slowly so I managed to get a few charged L2 off. His weapon does some serious damage.

Ah, the old cheese ey?

Still, a wins a win.

I'm going to have to start a new game when I get home now, thanks a million.

Ah, the old cheese ey?

Still, a wins a win.

I'm going to have to start a new game when I get home now, thanks a million.

I didn't know what I was doing, :pac:

How do chalice dungeons work?

I think I fully completed the first one but I'm not sure. A lava dog was the last boss I fought and there didn't seem to be anywhere else to go.

How do you know if you've completed an area?

There's no more bosses, I think all the final bosses are in circular arenas but not 100% on that.

I think Depth 1, 2 and 3 have 3 bosses per dungeon, 4 and 5 have 5.

I've a few fairly substantial posts on the dungeon a few pages back, I'll dig them up later

• Advertisement

There's no more bosses, I think all the final bosses are in circular arenas but not 100% on that.

I think Depth 1, 2 and 3 have 3 bosses per dungeon, 4 and 5 have 5.

I've a few fairly substantial posts on the dungeon a few pages back, I'll dig them up later

I think I only went down to dept 3. Is there two more levels I missed?

Depth is the difficulty, Layer is the level.

So if you're in the first Dungeon (chalice you get from the BSB, Pthumeru Chalice), its Depth 1, meaning the easiest difficulty.

Inside that, you've Layer 1, Layer 2 and Layer 3, which really only give a sense of progression. They don't mean anything more than checkpoints in the dungeon basically.

Depth is the difficulty, Layer is the level.

So if you're in the first Dungeon (chalice you get from the BSB, Pthumeru Chalice), its Depth 1, meaning the easiest difficulty.

Inside that, you've Layer 1, Layer 2 and Layer 3, which really only give a sense of progression. They don't mean anything more than checkpoints in the dungeon basically.

Ok so there is only three layers in the first one? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah when you get to the end of the dungeon it will just be a big circular room with just the one entrance in and no exit. I advise exploring all fully first play through, and the first few of them will be easy as you will be over leveled at the point you are at currently.

Dont bother with the root chalice dungeons until you're finished with all the standard ones, unless you want to :)

nix wrote: »
    Yeah when you get to the end of the dungeon it will just be a big circular room with just the one entrance in and no exit. I advise exploring all fully first play through, and the first few of them will be easy as you will be over leveled at the point you are at currently.

Dont bother with the root chalice dungeons until you're finished with all the standard ones, unless you want to :)

I'm one hitting most enemies. Bag men take two and the troll guys take 3.

Boss was good but easy you dodge and get around his side where he couldn't hit me.

What level should you stop filling Stamina? Mines at 32 now, Vitality at 27, Strength 30 (because I wanted to fire the cannon) and Skill is 23 or that.

40 is the hard cap for every stat except Arcane iirc.

I'd generally aim to level Vit and Stamina to 40, and either Str or Skill to 40.

Everything else is just as high as I need for my set up, and then buff Bloodtinge with an extra levels.

40 is the hard cap for every stat except Arcane iirc.

I'd generally aim to level Vit and Stamina to 40, and either Str or Skill to 40.

Everything else is just as high as I need for my set up, and then buff Bloodtinge with an extra levels.

Cheers. I'll focus on Stamina to 40 so, if I can keep dodging they can't hit me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

If i recall correctly, i think i raise both health and stam to 25 (max 30) and then i dump the rest of the points into my main stat and then complimentary stat until hard caps, like str and arc for example..

Heck i dont even think i raise stam over 20, the glyphs you can get give them a big boost so you dont really need stack them with points IMO

I've done two dungeons in the last two evenings and got 72k echos.

I think the two I did were Pthumeru and Central Pthumeru. There were two really cool bosses in the Central one, one guy was like a fire samurai with a wizard hat and the second one had scyle that he broke into two when I got his health down.

I'll probably tackle one more tomorrow and then back to the main game.

Update since the last time.

I've done a few more dungeons and got to Rom but can't beat the fecker this time around, I must have been seriously over leveled when I beat him first time in Bergenwrth.

I also did the first Hintertomb and I'm on layer 3 of the Lower Hintertomb (those guys that carry the corpses are the toughest enemies I've come across).

Went back to the main game today and was starting off in the Hypogen Chapel after killing the three hunters. I cleared out Yarangul and beat One second go, I also ended up in the Lecture Building after inspecting a mummy and found Patches with his giant head.

I then went to the Upper Cathedral Ward and killed the Emmisary boss first time (he just slapped me a few times so wasn't that hard at all). Went through a window and down a lift to Ebritus (?). Gave her three goes but kept been killed by a big laser beam when I got her down to about 30-40% health left. I just couldn't seem to get out of the way quick enough.

I've also fully switched over to Ludwig's Holy Blade that I've to +9 now with the Saw Cleaver as backup.

Hopefully I get a bit more time at it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Update since the last time.

I've done a few more dungeons and got to Rom but can't beat the fecker this time around, I must have been seriously over leveled when I beat him first time in Bergenwrth.

I also did the first Hintertomb and I'm on layer 3 of the Lower Hintertomb (those guys that carry the corpses are the toughest enemies I've come across).

Went back to the main game today and was starting off in the Hypogen Chapel after killing the three hunters. I cleared out Yarangul and beat One second go, I also ended up in the Lecture Building after inspecting a mummy and found Patches with his giant head.

I then went to the Upper Cathedral Ward and killed the Emmisary boss first time (he just slapped me a few times so wasn't that hard at all). Went through a window and down a lift to Ebritus (?). Gave her three goes but kept been killed by a big laser beam when I got her down to about 30-40% health left. I just couldn't seem to get out of the way quick enough.

I've also fully switched over to Ludwig's Holy Blade that I've to +9 now with the Saw Cleaver as backup.

Hopefully I get a bit more time at it tomorrow.

I'm tempted to do an NG+ run on this or even start from scratch and do an Arcane build. I gave up on Chalice Dungeons at ROM. Found him really difficult in such an enclosed space. So while I've finished the game I haven't really as most of the dungeons are untouched. So tempted to go again......

I'm tempted to do an NG+ run on this or even start from scratch and do an Arcane build. I gave up on Chalice Dungeons at ROM. Found him really difficult in such an enclosed space. So while I've finished the game I haven't really as most of the dungeons are untouched. So tempted to go again......

I'd say I'll do an NG play through as well but I'm going to have Destiny 2 next week and I've started Dark Souls and have DS2 and DS3 there as well so it will be a while before I get a chance though.

Started NG+ run this morning. I'd read online it was very difficult. So far I'm not getting that. I've done Cleric Beast, Father Gascoigne, Blood Starved Beast and Paarl, the only one I had to do more than once being Paarl who was extremely powerful.

Still as great as ever just not as difficult as I was lead to believe. I am planning on doing all the Chalice Dungeons this time round. In NG I only did the first type, Phutemuru or something.

I'm mainly using my echos in Arcane. Insight is 85. Can't remember my level but HP and Endurance are 40. Strength I think is 30. Bloodtinge 20 as is skill and think Arcane is 21. What are the caps do any of you know? Also how did ye all find NG+ difficulty?

ETA: Snatchers are definitely more powerful but that's really it with normal enemies.

Caps are 40 for everything but Arcana at 99

Caps are 40 for everything but Arcana at 99

Thanks man. But HP seems to increase beyond 40. Not as much as before but still decent enough. Endurance definitely capped at 40. I'll have a quick Google, see if I can find a definitive answer

Thanks man. But HP seems to increase beyond 40. Not as much as before but still decent enough. Endurance definitely capped at 40. I'll have a quick Google, see if I can find a definitive answer

That's what the cap means.

Soft cap at 20, so up to 20 you get the best gains
    Hard cap at 40, its not worth pumping any more in in most cases

They all completely cap at 99, but there's feck all use is going above 40 in almost all.

That's what the cap means.

Soft cap at 20, so up to 20 you get the best gains
    Hard cap at 40, its not worth pumping any more in in most cases

They all completely cap at 99, but there's feck all use is going above 40 in almost all.

I'm after googling, hard cap is 50 according to the few guides I've read. On all stats apart from endurance. I understand soft and hard caps but when I put 2 points into vitality I wasn't expecting any difference, or a miniscule change but it went up a good bit, about 60 points. Based on that I'd say 50 is correct.

I'm after googling, hard cap is 50 according to the few guides I've read. On all stats apart from endurance. I understand soft and hard caps but when I put 2 points into vitality I wasn't expecting any difference, or a miniscule change but it went up a good bit, about 60 points. Based on that I'd say 50 is correct.

Sorry, it's 50 then :o Its 40 in DS and DS2 I got mixed up (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

After a year away from the game I've recently come back and discovered coop in the chalice dungeons and must add I'm having a blast. If you have 10 insight you can buy the "Short Ritual Root Chalice" from the messengers and then use it on the first gravestone to search for those in need of help. I rarely have to wait for too long to find someone. It's a quick way to get echoes and insight if you need to level up.

• Advertisement

Been doing mainly Chalice dungeons last few times I've played (got stuck on Ludwig after starting DLC, how I managed to beat him on second attempt in NG play through I'll never know, so went back to CD's as a diversion). I had made it past ROM in NG+.

Chalice Dungeons are good but do they just recycle bosses over and over? I must have fought Blood Starved Beast 4 times already. I'm in Ailing Loran atm. Depth 4. There are also D5 aren't there? Wow. Can imagine how tough they are.

Advertisement