Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

Xenji wrote: »
    Went with Amazon this time and had it pre ordered months ago, worked out at €57, damm Greeks owe me about €10 :mad:
    Hunters, let's invade some Greeks then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I assume we can expect reviews tomorrow?

Not that it really matters to me but I do like reading a well written review.

tok9 wrote: »
    I assume we can expect reviews tomorrow?

Not that it really matters to me but I do like reading a well written review.

Yes, tomo should have some review from US, and rest EU release day is 25th. UK and us on 27th...

F**K psn IE, we never have good price like UK, but we always bind to their late release day! :mad:

Hmmm.. Bloodborne is after installing now but I see the counter is for 4 days time on my Irish account.

If I can only play it Tuesday with my US account I may just hold off till Friday to properly get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Hmmm.. Bloodborne is after installing now but I see the counter is for 4 days time on my Irish account.

If I can only play it Tuesday with my US account I may just hold off till Friday to properly get into it.

Are both your US and EU accounts set as primary on the PS4?
    Was just about to buy US PSN codes, but I'll wait and see if I can find an answer for this first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ah ****.. I ordered a US psn card today. Code still isn't delivered. I hope it unlocks on Tuesday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• When are the reviews out?

I still hold my opinion that this is a dark souls Clone with guns. I'm hoping they add something to make it stand out.

I'm glad there is coop at least

Are both your US and EU accounts set as primary on the PS4?
    Was just about to buy US PSN codes, but I'll wait and see if I can find an answer for this first.

Ya they are. Why do you ask?

I still reckon I'll be able to play this on Tuesday. I was with Evolve which I bought off the US account too but play with my Irish account.

Ya they are. Why do you ask?

I still reckon I'll be able to play this on Tuesday. I was with Evolve which I bought off the US account too but play with my Irish account.

Might have been the reason that it wasn't showing up right.
    I'm gonna chance it anyway, worst scenario is I won't get to play it until Friday anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    When are the reviews out?

I still hold my opinion that this is a dark souls Clone with guns. I'm hoping they add something to make it stand out.

I'm glad there is coop at least

Supposedly the combat is faster and flows better (I'm thinking Batman Arkham with swords and stuff) and you can't turtle behind a shield anymore or you will get totally wrecked.

Sounds like like Dark Souls Light Dex with no rolls, only back steps. I've only watched a few game plays because I don't want to spoil it but that's what I picked up

I bought it on US PSN anyway, it's showing 1day, 2hrs to unlock whilst on my EU account so should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Bought it on USN PSN and has countdown for tomorrow to unlock. Pre-loading it now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

http://m.imgur.com/a/uOT3b

Nice read from edge magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Was going to buy this on disc, but gamestop have it down for74.99.. while digital download on PS store is 59.99...

• ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Was going to buy this on disc, but gamestop have it down for74.99.. while digital download on PS store is 59.99...

Smyths 64.99 I think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

59 seems like an ok price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Haven't spoiled myself but read that some people have finished the game already and are saying it's too short and easy.

Also if I buy off US PSN does it unlock tonight or do I have to wait for midnight in some US timezone

I-dont-believe-you.gif

If you have doubt, then best to do will be buy digital in IE PSN after Tuesday, since we Ireland will got it on 27th, so it is still pre-order :)

US launch it Tuesday morning, and there will be a lot of reviews come out then...

Think IGN will give a 9/10 this time.

• Advertisement

The Gametrailers crew did a musical for Bloodborne. If you watch/enjoy Mandatory update, you should enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks like I will be waiting till Monday/Tuesday for this, I prefer having the physical copy, than digital copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Haven't spoiled myself but read that some people have finished the game already and are saying it's too short and easy.

Also if I buy off US PSN does it unlock tonight or do I have to wait for midnight in some US timezone

Some reviewers had put 40 hours into the game and were still no where near finishing it.

Dark Souls 1/2 could be completed in an hour or two if people speed ran them. Average player is probably 25+ hrs. So it'll be different for every person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

If it's anything like DS 1 & 2 there will be NG+ etc. so there will be plenty to do.
    Took me 70 hours to finish DS2 and I've still not finished DS 1 after 4 years :o

If it's anything like DS 1 & 2 there will be NG+ etc. so there will be plenty to do.
    Took me 70 hours to finish DS2 and I've still not finished DS 1 after 4 years :o

There is NG+

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dark Souls 1/2 could be completed in an hour or two if people speed ran them. Average player is probably 25+ hrs. So it'll be different for every person.

My first playthroughs on DS1 + DS2 were both around the 100 hour mark, NG+ was under 20 hours in both cases from what I recall. They're the kind of games where the more time you put in the more you get out of it, i'd expect this to be the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What does NG + entail?

What does NG + entail?

You're basically starting the game again, but you keep all your character progress from the last game. So you'll have the same stats, and same weapons etc. But the enemies are stronger for each level of NG+ you do.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

And in DS2 there were extra hostile NPCs to contend with as well as one or two little world events that didn't happen on the first play through.

Advertisement