Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

Did you do the one where
    you have your health halved
    what a pain that was.

Have you fought
    Yharnam
    thats in Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice and a few others, you might have spotted them in the main game but there wouldn't have been a fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Did you do the one where
    you have your health halved
    what a pain that was.

Have you fought
    Yharnam
    thats in Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice and a few others, you might have spotted them in the main game but there wouldn't have been a fight.

No not done either of those yet. To fight yer woman you need Bastard of Loran which is only available in Ailing Loran, just started that one and picked two up in a coffin. Enemies are so powerful now, more so than main game. I think the first you mention is defiled. Haven't yet got a defiled chalice.

ETA: Completed Ailing Loran and got the lower Loran which is depth 5. I don't have enough Ritual Blood 5 oddly and pretty sure I covered everywhere. The amount of echoes you get is unreal. I lost 750K echoes at one stage but did manage to get them back.

Also, I got my gf hooked on this, its her first Souls game, I've beaten Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Blood borne a heap of times, I do challenge and speed runs in the two Dark Souls, so I'm fairly experienced at them, over 600hrs total I'd say.

She's got 45 hours and is undoubtedly a better player than I am, I've a more refined, tidier play style (I.e. better timing and control) from experience but that's it, total rook in comparison would wipe the floor with me in PvP.

Moral of this is that you don't need to be an expert to be good at the game

Hey DS. What sort of challenge runs do you do? Do you stream? YouTube channel? Since starting my NG+ run I'm hooked again. Gas, I died more to Living Failures than Lady Maria.

I've been checking out a few challenge runs in the past few days. Some bloke with blue hair playing with a steering wheel.

I did a search on Orphan, as he's kicking my arse, and found your comment above.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hey DS. What sort of challenge runs do you do? Do you stream? YouTube channel? Since starting my NG+ run I'm hooked again. Gas, I died more to Living Failures than Lady Maria.

I've been checking out a few challenge runs in the past few days. Some bloke with blue hair playing with a steering wheel.

I did a search on Orphan, as he's kicking my arse, and found your comment above.

I do more in Dark Souls than BB, in DS 1+2 I've done Magic only, SL1, Dual-Weilding only, two hand only, boxing only (caestus),

DS1 Bow only, random weapon (weapon swaps every 7 seconds), starting equipment only, no armour, no upgrades, tried no rolling and consumables only but didn't get too far (Gargoyles iirc)

I don't have the hardware to do anything mad like steering wheel, dance mat or guitar runs :D Don't stream either, was considering it for a bit but don't think my PC nor my internet could handle it.

Bloodborne I've attempted Consumable only, gun only, SL4 (can't start lower), no gun. Haven't actually beaten any of them.

Can't offer any advice for the Orphan, he kicked my ass for months

I'm confused. I was in Hunters Dream with around 70,000 echoes. Put controller down and had a shower. When I came back I heard a sound coming through my headphones. Odd I thought. Anyway when I stuck headphones back on I noticed I had zero echoes. There was a bloodstain on the ground. I picked it up and zero echoes retrieved. I seem to have died multiple times. How is this even possible? No cursed gems, no HP draining weapons. It was literally where you first spawn in the dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

After a few weeks of not playing I jumped back on this morning and killed Mergo Wet Nurse and Gerham (done Gerham in my third attempt and about the fifth or sixth attempt for Mergo).

Off to the Old Hunters now :)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    After a few weeks of not playing I jumped back on this morning and killed Mergo Wet Nurse and Gerham (done Gerham in my third attempt and about the fifth or sixth attempt for Mergo).

Off to the Old Hunters now :)

Well done man. Mergos Wet Nurse for me was one of the easiest bosses in the game. Gerhman considered one of the hardest bosses in the main game. I presume you exited out of the moon presence fight (provided you met the requirements) otherwise it's NG+ for the DLC.

I beat Orphan last week on my NG+ run. I still can't beat Laurence. I summoned Valtr on my original run so want to beat him solo but get destroyed in 3rd phase which most consider easier than his first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Fair play on NG+ Orphan! Still haven't beaten the bastard, my list of unbeaten Soulsborne bosses is growing with DS3s DLC too.

Might give this another run soon, when/if I finish with XCOM2. Need to give DS3 another run or four too.

Well done man. Mergos Wet Nurse for me was one of the easiest bosses in the game. Gerhman considered one of the hardest bosses in the main game. I presume you exited out of the moon presence fight (provided you met the requirements) otherwise it's NG+ for the DLC.

I beat Orphan last week on my NG+ run. I still can't beat Laurence. I summoned Valtr on my original run so want to beat him solo but get destroyed in 3rd phase which most consider easier than his first.

I kept running into Mergos shadows when the arena went black. Finally got my timing down on the dodge and beat her easily enough.

Gerham wasn't to bad, I managed to parry him to death :pac:

Yea I had read in here to consume the item and let the Moon Presence kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So i traded in AC origins as it was ****, and decided to do another play through of Bloodborne until i decide which game to delve into next. Ive done pretty much builds for all weapons except the boom hammer and amigdala arm. So decided to run yet another heavyy Str/Arc build..

So after killing vicar i ran into the expansion realm to make a bee line for the boom hammer, figured it was the easier of the two to pick up first :D Anyway the charged R2 of this weapon is insane, you can literally blow up packs of mobs in one hit, nothing more satisfying than killing 5+ enemies in one hit.

Anyway, shortly after killing rom i decided to go bee line for the amigdala arm and jazz it up. And omg, this might very well be my fav slow weapon in the game, its ****ing insane! Firstly you gotta transform it, its the only way to use it imo, standard just seems much less. Anyway when transformed the R1 attack just has so much cleave reach, you cant miss, its got a near 360 spread.

And the charged R2 is OP, you pretty much destroy everything in one hit, if not the tendril blade kind of wigs out anyway and hits whatevers left two more times, its silly

I don't know why i never tried it out until now and i cant believe in all of the Bloodborne posts ive read, nobody has been raving about how OP this weapon is, its crazy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Picked this up on sale a while back and started playing it about 10 days ago.
    I haven't done anything else with my life since.
    Mergos Wet Nurse is dead now, sickened I didn't get the GotY edition as I'd have enjoyed the DLC (wanted to play it prior to NG+ but it's €20 now).
    Have only Cainhurst and the final Upper Cathedral Ward Boss to go and I've got all the "core" content done.
    Will have to try the Chalice dungeons too, haven't done any at all since I started, so at ~lvl85 with a +10 Tonitris, +9 Saw Cleaver and +8 Cannon I'll probably blitz the 1st few runs.
    When I'm not playing, I'm watching Lore videos, or reading the Wiki, or scouring Maps, or watching guides for missable stuff.
    I've never played a Soulsborn game in my life.
    Can't remember the last time I was this engrossed in a game tbh

I'm the same, I picked up goty over Christmas and only got around to it recently. Bate blood starved beast last night and just trying to figure out where the hell to go next

I have to admit the whole "wander around and figure it out" thing, while maybe giving the "Full Souls Experience" is just not for me.
    I did most of the 1st 3x areas like that but just ended up super lost and found it frustrating.
    The game is very dark (in a hard-to-see way) and I was constantly walking past the path to BSB in Old Yharnam so I finally YouTubed a guide vid and noticed the right turn I kept missing.
    Honestly it was frustrating in a very non-fun way so I've been supplementing my playthrough with some guides etc and no one can tell me "I'm not really enjoying the game".
    Screw the "Git Gud, Blind Runs Only" craic, I'm enjoying the game a lot and very much into it.
    Had I followed the Memes I'd have honestly turned the game off after 2 bosses and never went back.
    Also been doing some 2x player co-op (and tried 3x player 1 evening) but the amount of intentional restrictions can make it tough to join in with each other in anything resembling a fluid way.
    Case in point, given I've Vicar Amelia Dead, I guess I won't be summoning any help for that F**king Crow Prick in Grand Cathedral so. He's the TRUE end-boss imho, he must have messed me up a dozen times now.

I'm the same, I picked up goty over Christmas and only got around to it recently. Bate blood starved beast last night and just trying to figure out where the hell to go next

He's an optional boss if I remember correctly? What other bosses have you beaten?

I have to admit the whole "wander around and figure it out" thing, while maybe giving the "Full Souls Experience" is just not for me.
    I did most of the 1st 3x areas like that but just ended up super lost and found it frustrating.
    The game is very dark (in a hard-to-see way) and I was constantly walking past the path the BSB in Old Yharnam so I finally YouTubed a guide vid and noticed the right turn I kept missing.
    Honestly it was frustrating in a very non-fun way so I've been supplementing my playthrough with some guides etc and no one can tell me "I'm not really enjoying the game".
    Screw the "Git Gud, Blind Runs Only" craic, I'm enjoying the game a lot and very much into it. Had I followed the Memes I'd have honestly turned the game off after 2 bosses and never went back.
    Also been doing some 2x player co-op (and tried 3x player 1 evening) but the amount of intentional restrictions can make it tough to join in with each other in anything resembling a fluid way.
    Case in point, given I've Vicar Amelia Dead, I guess I won't be getting any help for that F**king Crow Prick in Grand Cathedral so. He's the TRUE end-boss imho

I've no qualms about using a guide for this, I definitely had a look at boss strategies
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    He's an optional boss if I remember correctly? What other bosses have you beaten?
    Just him, Cleric Beast and Fr Gascoigne. Cleric beast was by far the worst for me

I've no qualms about using a guide for this, I definitely had a look at boss strategies

Just him, Cleric Beast and Fr Gascoigne. Cleric beast was by far the worst for me

When you come out of the church with the Chapel Samaritan leave by the left door. Kill the two guys and head up the steps to the right.

I can tolerate a boss kicking my butt 5 times in a row.
    But stuff like "Go here, talk to this person at this specific time, say this, go do this boss, now talk to the again BEFORE going to the next area, do a little dance, pull the level over there and then kill the boss wearing this magical hat".
    That stuff, yeah f**k that
    I'm referencing the whole Ariana and Alfred questlines and that emote s**t with the giant brain in Mergos Loft as examples

It's funny, I've constantly found myself having trouble with Bosses that most people have no issues with and ganking Bosses that are apparently a struggle.
    I think Weapon Choice and being over/under levelled makes a huge difference tbh.

Answer to your question below if you want it:
    Kill Vicar Amelia
    Did you open the gate in Cathedral Ward with the key you can buy from the Messanger for 10k Blood Echoes? It only becomes available after you kill 2 Bosses
    If so, Vicar Amelia is straight ahead after you pass that gate.
    Alternatively you can go in the back way to that area by going to the Cathedral Ward lamp, using the newly opened secret door (opens after you kill BSB) in that building to unlock Upper Cathedral Ward and there is a way of dropping down lower and getting in to the Amelia area that way but it's a bit roundabout.

It's funny, I've constantly found myself having trouble with Bosses that most people have no issues with and ganking Bosses that are apparently a struggle.
    I think Weapon Choice and being over/under levelled makes a huge difference tbh.

I started with the threaded cane. I wasn't too sure about it at the start but over time it's really grown on me. Upgrading it helped too i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

I haven't done anything else with my life since.
    Don't go near Demon Souls or Dark Souls 1-3 so :P:pac:

Found vicar Amelia. Died three times to her but learned a bit. Had to turn it off though as the frustration was setting in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Gave the game a break november of last year as Micolash was being a pain in the hole. Tempted to reinstall...but xcom 2 is 17 quid and have just downloaded it. Damn first world problems. In my top 3 games I have ever played. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Found vicar Amelia. Died three times to her but learned a bit. Had to turn it off though as the frustration was setting in
    Vicar Amelia actually stopped me playing this game. Just could not get past that boss. Might go back to it some day

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Vicar Amelia actually stopped me playing this game. Just could not get past that boss. Might go back to it some day

I beat her first go. The Madmen who carry corpses killed me more times than all the bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Just to kind of echo what Generic said about looking up guides and getting some help and direction with these games.

I have no interest in going at a boss 20 30 times to figure out his moves, that aspect of the games is just tedious for me so I've absolutely no problem in summoning in help to get past a boss so i can get get to the next area.

Tbh, if you go in and fight Vicar Amelia as soon as you can, you're going to get stomped.
    You're meant to grind up a few levels, visit some side areas, get a few items and go in then.

The game does a similar thing several other times.
    Particularly after
    Rom I found If you go linearly straight to Yahar'gul, Unseen Village
    you'll get royally whipped due to your lack of Physical defence from not leveling.
    And actually the run up to that boss is the same as Amelia, you're recommended to go to an optional area 1st (well kinda)

Here's a very handy flowchart which shows areas by recomended level where you can see the large 5-20 level jumps if you go linearly. E.g. Gascoine is 15-20. Amelia is 25-40
    Not sure if it's considered "spoilery" but I'll err on the side of caution.
    Also, I'm more than happy to jump in and help ye with Amelia/Micolash etc guys.
    I think most of ye are/were on my friends list from Destiny glory days so if you see me online, just send me a party invite and I'll jump in tonight/tomorrow.
    By the time the weekend rolls round I could be on NG+ which would mean I may not have those areas unlocked to be able to help you
    Gave the game a break november of last year as Micolash was being a pain in the hole.

Here is my fully Micolash story a mere 36 hours ago btw (from me messaging my mate on Facebook) :pac:

Ratv8jl.jpg

(Hopefully not a spoiler, I just thought it was relevant/funny)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I stopped playing this,got stuck in a section of old Yarnham,but it mocks me from my "Unfinished Games" folder,so im gonna get stuck back in tonight and i am going to finish it..

Definitely...

..I hope..

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Tbh, if you go in and fight Vicar Amelia as soon as you can, you're going to get stomped.
    You're meant to grind up a few levels, visit some side areas, get a few items and go in then.

The game does a similar thing several other times.
    Particularly after
    Rom I found If you go linearly straight to Yahar'gul, Unseen Village
    you'll get royally whipped due to your lack of Physical defence from not leveling.
    And actually the run up to that boss is the same as Amelia, you're recommended to go to an optional area 1st (well kinda)

Here's a very handy flowchart which shows areas by recomended level where you can see the large 5-20 level jumps if you go linearly. E.g. Gascoine is 15-20. Amelia is 25-40
    Not sure if it's considered "spoilery" but I'll err on the side of caution.
    Also, I'm more than happy to jump in and help ye with Amelia/Micolash etc guys.
    I think most of ye are/were on my friends list from Destiny glory days so if you see me online, just send me a party invite and I'll jump in tonight/tomorrow.
    By the time the weekend rolls round I could be on NG+ which would mean I may not have those areas unlocked to be able to help you

Here is my fully Micolash story a mere 36 hours ago btw (from me messaging my mate on Facebook) :pac:

Ratv8jl.jpg

(Hopefully not a spoiler, I just thought it was relevant/funny)

Its true he is not even "Hard", its that ****in one shot wonder he has. It can be so difficult as he may not even telegraph it some times.

I put the controller down, went for a self reflective stroll on the beach....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Heh when i first went up against micolash i rinsed him, I remember thinking "Was that it?" same again on the next few plays after that..Then one play through he one shotted me a few times in a row, i got a bit mad. Trick is
    to not give him an inch, you have a second or two to hit him when hes casting the heavy hitting spell which stops him, so just stay on him and dont spend all your stamina, save some to hit him to cancel the spell while constantly circling him (encase he casts the tentacle spell) until stam is full and then unleash again..

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Ok,farmed Old Yarnham for a bit,levelled up and went for the Blood Starved beast.. got him down to 1/3 health first go,he then destroyed me twice after that,that was 2am last night,so im going back in after work,i reckon ill get him in a couple of goes.cant remember if i agreed to co-operate with Alfred in central Yarnham or not,i believe he gives you a flame sprayer? (could be wrong now)

• Advertisement

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Ok,farmed Old Yarnham for a bit,levelled up and went for the Blood Starved beast.. got him down to 1/3 health first go,he then destroyed me twice after that,that was 2am last night,so im going back in after work,i reckon ill get him in a couple of goes.cant remember if i agreed to co-operate with Alfred in central Yarnham or not,i believe he gives you a flame sprayer? (could be wrong now)

Flame sprayer comes from
    Gilbert

Anybody been checking out the cut content and chalice dungeon glyphs with cut bosses? Very interesting. Seems to be a huge spike in discoveries lately which is mad for an almost 3 year old game.

Advertisement