Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Bloodborne is free with ps plus in march! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Bloodborne is free with ps plus in march! :)

Game might be free but I've a feeling it's going to cost me a lot in broken controllers having browsed through this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Game might be free but I've a feeling it's going to cost me a lot in broken controllers having browsed through this thread.

You're a Souls man aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll help you Gimli as long as I can hear your reactions in real time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You're a Souls man aren't you?

Ah no, I played it and liked it to a point but I'm not blessed with patience, which puts me at a disadvantage with these games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

wow free in march? thats a fantastic game to get for free fair play sony

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah no, I played it and liked it to a point but I'm not blessed with patience, which puts me at a disadvantage with these games.

Stream it for Dreads entertainment and we'll all help you out in Twitch chat

Ah no, it's probably more accessible than the Souls games, combat is faster and more dodge and reactions than standing sword and shield.

Worth a punt, esp when it's free, I'll be starting up a new game shortly for anyone who wants a little help

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone think From might be giving BB away now to get the name out again before a sequel is announced :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gimli... oh Gimmmmmmmliiiiiii.... just imagine this.... but with Wine involved :)

https://clips.twitch.tv/HungryEnergeticRedpandaCopyThis
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Does anyone think From might be giving BB away now to get the name out again before a sequel is announced :)

Well speaking as a Soulborne Fan since circa January 2018, I sure hope so :O

I do.... now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'm one of those people who hates Dark Souls/Demon Souls, and never committed to the idea of purchasing Bloodborne because of that.

However, now that I'm getting it for free I'm actually very excited to give it a go! :pac: I'm almost expecting to be won over by it, at least that's what I'm hoping for. I understand the gameplay's a bit faster and more fluid than the Soul's series, but in what other ways should I expect Bloodborne to differ from Dark Soul's 1 & 2, for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Nailz wrote: »
    I'm one of those people who hates Dark Souls/Demon Souls, and never committed to the idea of purchasing Bloodborne because of that.

However, now that I'm getting it for free I'm actually very excited to give it a go! :pac: I'm almost expecting to be won over by it, at least that's what I'm hoping for. I understand the gameplay's a bit faster and more fluid than the Soul's series, but in what other ways should I expect Bloodborne to differ from Dark Soul's 1 & 2, for example?

The weapons are alot more fun and interesting, each weapon has a secondary function that usually always completely changes how the weapon works. You can carry 20 health vials from the get go, and you can pick them up in random places, from enemies and you can even buy them also, no need to go back to a bonfire/lamp to replenish (which resets enemies spawning in both games).. And thats pretty much it, lol

But eh, most people who play these games, or when they played their first, hated them and found them too difficult. But if you fight through that disappointment and longing to quit, you will eventually see what makes these games special and you will be hooked. You will find yourself going back to play all the others.. You just need to learn how to play them, don't be lazy :P

EDIT: Oh and no shields in this game, well there is but they are ****, you carry a pistol in your left hand which when fired at an enemy at the right time can stun them and you can do a high damage visceral attack on them.. You can also get more powerful ranged weapons, that function for damage than just a utility to stun..

I started the dlc earlier in the week. Christ almighty, Old Hunters is no joke!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Nailz wrote: »

I’m in a similar position. I borrowed it from a friend before and couldn’t get far with it—and the poor frame rate did my head in on my standard PS4. I don’t have too much free time to play games any more either so that didn’t help.

Can anyone recommend a good YouTube video or similar to give a good beginners guide to this I don’t have to spend hours of what little free time I have wanting to fling my controller at a wall?

5uspect wrote: »
    I’m in a similar position. I borrowed it from a friend before and couldn’t get far with it—and the poor frame rate did my head in on my standard PS4. I don’t have too much free time to play games any more either so that didn’t help.

Can anyone recommend a good YouTube video or similar to give a good beginners guide to this I don’t have to spend hours of what little free time I have wanting to fling my controller at a wall?

That vids good, starts at the absolute basics, and goes through the combat, id advise watching right before you're about to play so its all fresh in your head. Or, watch it a few times if thats something you dont mind..

And ill say this for all new players, when starting off, you will choose between 3 weapons, i would recommend not going with the threaded cane for your first play through, you can buy it later if ya want to try it out, but for your first game you will have an easier time with the other weapons.

This was likey posted ages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

woop looking forward to this played the **** out of the other ones

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Thanks folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Started another playthrough. The way the blood sticks to the Hunter outfits is probably my favourite graphical effect in a game, looks amazing.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Started another playthrough. The way the blood sticks to the Hunter outfits is probably my favourite graphical effect in a game, looks amazing.

Yeah everytime i post or read some posts in this thread i get the hunger to load it up and start a new game. Whats stopping me now is i have done a character for every weapon combination i can think of, so doesnt have has big of a draw as there is nothing new really to try differently :(

I suppose a ranged only weapon build? is that a thing? is that possible? would it even be fun :confused:

Praying for a sequel announcement in the coming months :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

nix wrote: »
    Yeah everytime i post or read some posts in this thread i get the hunger to load it up and start a new game. Whats stopping me now is i have done a character for every weapon combination i can think of, so doesnt have has big of a draw as there is nothing new really to try differently :(

I suppose a ranged only weapon build? is that a thing? is that possible? would it even be fun :confused:

Simon Bow blade is the only ranged weapon I can think of. You'd need to get all the way through the DLC to obtain on legitimately. Even then I can't think it would be practical to play through entire game with on NG+ as it uses quicksilver bullets of which you've a finite amount.

Tempted to play through again as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I wonder how many people who get this free with plus will actually play it? I see loads trying it and most quitting quite early but I can't see to many sticking it out past Gascoigne.

Simon Bow blade is the only ranged weapon I can think of. You'd need to get all the way through the DLC to obtain on legitimately. Even then I can't think it would be practical to play through entire game with on NG+ as it uses quicksilver bullets of which you've a finite amount.

Tempted to play through again as well.

I've done the bowblade already, its actually really great. But theres runes you can get which increase bullet cap and gives you bullets upon visceral attack. I'm just wondering if they are any use or even fun... TO YOUTUBE!

I wonder how many people who get this free with plus will actually play it? I see loads trying it and most quitting quite early but I can't see to many sticking it out past Gascoigne.

Thats the test really, its up to us to convince and help them to push through!

fmj16-hartman-lead.jpg

nix wrote: »

Gun only, no gun, consumables only, no consumables, no armour, starting gear only, Level 10 Max, Level 4, Boss Rush Mode, there's loads of options for runs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Demon's Souls going free on plus is what got me into Soulsborne so I'm sure there could be a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I'd say anyone who gets past Father Gazza will be fully invested in it and stick it out till the end. I bought it but couldn't get past Central Yharnam and ended up trading it after two days. But something about it stuck in my head and I ended up buying it again a few months later and persevered until one day it just clicked and there was no going back from there. I hope people give it a chance instead of writing it off as too difficult. Anyone who gives up on it will be missing out on a true masterpiece.

Gun only, no gun, consumables only, no consumables, no armour, starting gear only, Level 10 Max, Level 4, Boss Rush Mode, there's loads of options for runs

Heh, I've technically done the no gun on my first playthrough, didnt get into parrying until i rolled my second character, which was bloodtinge. The other modes dont really appeal to me, i dont enjoy the speed run/rushing past everything "modes" i dont enjoy them, sure watching people doing speed runs on twitch is entertaining and ive learned alot in regards to killing bosses easier. But thats as far as id go, no interest in timing myself and not leveling my character/weapons. I enjoy building my character up and around the weapons.

I might try the gun only though.. see what the piercing rifles like.. The gatling and canons eat up too much ammo to be viable me thinks :pac:

I wasn't happy with the gun until I think Maria in DLC? When it finally clicked with me and started working for me in that fight it was a thing of beauty and trivialised that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bought this a week ago and loaded it up today. So excited to go into a souls game blind again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd say anyone who gets past Father Gazza will be fully invested in it and stick it out till the end. I bought it but couldn't get past Central Yharnam and ended up trading it after two days. But something about it stuck in my head and I ended up buying it again a few months later and persevered until one day it just clicked and there was no going back from there. I hope people give it a chance instead of writing it off as too difficult. Anyone who gives up on it will be missing out on a true masterpiece.

I got past Father Gascoigne and a bit further (past a sniper, think I stopped at a boss in a church).

I enjoyed the game and the gameplay, but there was just nothing luring me back to play it. No major reason, just wasn't fully clicking with me. Didn't like there not really being any objective other than just wander around killing enemies. Didn't like the progression system which was badly explained.

I'll download it on PS+ just in case I ever do decide to go back to it, but I just thought there were aspects to the game even outside of actual gameplay which could have been improved on and would have made the game more enjoyable.

Advertisement