Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Pro-Tip: Dont play this game right after Nioh, some many times I've tried to block an attack and just dual wielded and chewed the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Only got back to this now!
    nix wrote: »
    The weapons are alot more fun and interesting, each weapon has a secondary function that usually always completely changes how the weapon works. You can carry 20 health vials from the get go, and you can pick them up in random places, from enemies and you can even buy them also, no need to go back to a bonfire/lamp to replenish (which resets enemies spawning in both games).. And thats pretty much it, lol

But eh, most people who play these games, or when they played their first, hated them and found them too difficult. But if you fight through that disappointment and longing to quit, you will eventually see what makes these games special and you will be hooked. You will find yourself going back to play all the others.. You just need to learn how to play them, don't be lazy :P

EDIT: Oh and no shields in this game, well there is but they are ****, you carry a pistol in your left hand which when fired at an enemy at the right time can stun them and you can do a high damage visceral attack on them.. You can also get more powerful ranged weapons, that function for damage than just a utility to stun..
    Thanks a million for all the excellent info, it actually sounds slightly more forgiving. Looking forward to diving into it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Nailz wrote: »
    Only got back to this now!

Thanks a million for all the excellent info, it actually sounds slightly more forgiving. Looking forward to diving into it! :)

Aye and another tip, if you do take a smack/damage, there is a short window immediately after taking the hit that if you keep hitting the enemy you can replenish the majority of that damage with each hit in quick succession, just keep attacking until you run out of stamina (even after they are dead). But if there are multiple enemies or you're hitting an enemy you cant stagger, it would be best to disengage.

Finished it today including the dlc. I'm still none the wiser about what the game was actually about. I'd do it all again though :)

Finished it today including the dlc. I'm still none the wiser about what the game was actually about. I'd do it all again though :)

That's the beauty of it, the more you keep playing it the more you unravel, and the more secrets you find. Alot of the story is hidden in item descriptions, theres also some good videos on youtube that break down the story for you. Did you
    acquire the umbilical cords to fight the hidden final boss?
    The main game has 3 different endings.

• Advertisement

Yeah I went for the
    moon presence
    ending.
    Final cut scene has me baffled though
    does the player become the slug thing or is it moon presence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Yeah I went for the
    moon presence
    ending.
    Final cut scene has me baffled though
    does the player become the slug thing or is it moon presence?
    that's you, you became an infant great one

Well...
    Basically you consume the 3 umbilical cords which turns you into a "Great one" which foils the moon presences plans and that why it attacks you. Then you become the moon presence... or something to that effect..

I need to do some serious lore reading tonight. And keep a better eye out for information during Ng+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

in dark souls i usually play that swamp fire mage type of dude that throws fireballs, anything like that guy in this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lone Stone wrote: »
    in dark souls i usually play that swamp fire mage type of dude that throws fireballs, anything like that guy in this ?

Pyromancer, and nope, there is magic but it costs bullets and so is more useful in clutch than as a full build. You don't have a choice but melee really

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I need to do some serious lore reading tonight. And keep a better eye out for information during Ng+

I watched this guys videos

The 30 min explanation, such as it is

There's a condensed 11 min version too

Aswell as these playlists

Bloodborne Lore Hunting Like above but broken down by subject

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRv4a8K8hYQ&list=PLWLedd0Zw3c7LZvaQAdn-p7q3x3wx-Hnr

Prepare to Cry series basically the depressing stories of the NPCs hardships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHFghwL0s7g&list=PLWLedd0Zw3c6OaWDa88dkQJrMO2KsVNq_

80 (total) interesting insights about bloodborne and "stuff you missed in X area"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE3tMn42OEE&list=PLWLedd0Zw3c6YF_nN1fS9dYx5VT_Lia_d

Basically this guy is the Lore Bible for Bloodborne and his lack of annoying cliche YT voice makes it much more enjoyable and digestable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone else returning to Yarnham this weekend?
    I'll try and get a new build started Sat & Sunday and try and help out some newbies

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-05-bloodborne-community-rallying-together-for-return-to-yharnam-fan-event

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Unicrons Dad

Finished Dark Souls 1-3 and Blood borne, I'm not the best player by any means but they aren't that hard if you level up your stats wisely and summon others for the bosses. In Blood borne I never used the guns , I 2 handed the axe weapon and put most of my stats into strength. I was a tank

It's free and available to download with PS Plus now :)

I've done a bit of reading and I might go with a bloodtinge & skill build.
    I want to eventually end up with the chikage or rakuro & evelyn.
    Should help me against invasions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Curious that this never got a pro update.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Curious that this never got a pro update.

I am noticing some frame dips alright, guess FROM didn't bother.

Ugh, im so tempted to roll a new play through...

BUT

WHICH WEAPON/S!?!

Has anybody ever done a milkweed/kos parasite build? Its the only weird one i havent tried :cool:

EDIT: Scratch that, just watched a vid, looks terribly boring.. and its got a FAT roll :confused:

I posted this on another thread but it's handy if anyone is confused about the asynchronous multiplayer

How does Co-op Work

I did a lot of co-op recently over the 5 weeks I was playing this, here's what I learned.
    • Going to a new area you have an option to unlock a Lamp
    • The buddy you are trying to summon in must have unlocked that lamp too.
    • So you can't be on the 6th area trying to summon in a guy who is still locked back in area 3.
    • There is some sort of "proximity" thing happening, so you both imho should just stand right next to the lamp
    • You can't summon a friend to an area if you have beat the "main" boss of the area.
    • If you summon in a friend and you beat that areas main boss, your buddy will be "finished" helping and disappear.
    • Friends you summon in get debuffs to their health and the amount of Blood Echoes they get.
    • You use the "Large Beckoning Bell" to summon a friend or randomer (you can password protect it), this costs you 1 Insight if successful, if unsuccessful simply fire the "Firing Blank" and undo your ringing and get your insight back.
    • You get Insight by seeing a Boss and more by killing it
    • They use the "Small Resonant Bell" to "receive your call" so to speak
    • Sometimes you need to reset the game (log out of Bloodborne servers) and log back in to get it to work properly.
    • Progress is only saved on the "hosts" side
    Consider it more as "getting help" as opposed to playing a co-op campaign.
    The annoyance can stem from, lets say you and your buddy are both on Area 3, he jumps in and helps you kill the boss.
    Great, you're on Area 4 but he's still back in 3 since it doesn't count as progress for him, so you could jump in and help him kill his boss and double-dip/redo the area.
    The exploring and picking up collectables solo was the fun bit though.

If anyone wants help, I can jump in and show you how this works and help you out with a Boss as an example if you want (as long as it's before you kill a Boss called Rom as thats as far as I progressed on NG+, so I don't have the following areas unlocked)

• Advertisement

Loving the game so far, just got done with
    Blood starved beast,
    picked up a tip from watching an AGDQ that the pungent blood cocktails distract it for a short time, thank god!

Vicxas wrote: »
    Loving the game so far, just got done with
    Blood starved beast,
    picked up a tip from watching an AGDQ that the pungent blood cocktails distract it for a short time, thank god!

Bitch of a fight alright. I don't think I've ever beaten it without the blood cocktails. It's just wrecks me with toxic attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

When just running by enemies no longer works:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SucculentCooperativeGarageThisIsSparta

Dont be watching boss vids on your first play through ya lil cheaters :P

Good god
    I got to the bottom of the healing church and killed the fire wielding Werewolf, only to get outside and be kicked to death by a large fella and wind up in a prison where old ladies shank you to death and the other large fellas one shot you.

It was hilarious

Good god
    I got to the bottom of the healing church and killed the fire wielding Werewolf, only to get outside and be kicked to death by a large fella and wind up in a prison where old ladies shank you to death and the other large fellas one shot you.

It was hilarious

giphy-downsized.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Good god

It was hilarious

Ah the good auld bag men :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

yeah not really enjoying it, not a fan of the combat compared to demon/dark souls.

yeah not really enjoying it, not a fan of the combat compared to demon/dark souls.

I have a feeling im the opposite to you. Bloodborne was my first fromsoftware game so I've no experience with souls. I'm gonna get DS1 remastered when it's out, is there a big difference between them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You can't play BB like you play Dark Souls. Once your used to the different playstyle it clicks into place.

Advertisement