Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Unlock your camera in BB and roll

That's what your quickstep becomes for Dark Souls.

You don't get the health regen for attacking after being hurt.

You only start with 5 healing potions max, but they regen every time you die. You can boost this to 10, and later 15 or 20.

The gameplay is much more suited to sword and shield, hold the shield up to see what the enemy is bringing and then roll through attacks to get a hit or two in, shield up and retreat.

You don't have trick weapons, instead you can duel wield or two hand a weapon, or have a shield, or bow and arrow, or magic. Way more weapon options for sure.

Magic is also fleshed out, so instead of magic being auxiliary like BB, you've got Miracles, Spells or Pyromancy as fully fleshed out build options, a

As well as 3 different character speeds depending on your gear.

It's probably easier to go from DS to BB than the other way round but it can be done.

I'd take DS any day but BB is arguably more fun to play, better style and combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I went from BB to Souls, its grand, you have learned to be cautious in BB so same approach. I would advise playing DS3 first, its alot more friendly for getting into over DS1 and 2.

DS1 is full of cheap kills and to be honest, its a bit of a mess on where to go :pac:

But eh, unless your sick/bored of BB, id say keep playing that..

Lone Stone wrote: »
    yeah not really enjoying it, not a fan of the combat compared to demon/dark souls.

How long did you play for?

Souls knowledge is souls knowledge no matter if you go BB to DS or the other way you've learned lessons that will help in the next game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Gona jump back in and complete this. Got stuck at Micolash. Think Ill summon someone in to help...there is no shame in Goddammit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

God Dammit

Fought my way out of the prison and got to a massive electric dragon/dog thing. Pretty much kicked me around the place.

So i went back and killed the Vicar and the Witch, witch took me a while to figure out she was invisible

Also bought Ludwig's holy blade, but i'm not sure if i prefer that over my Axe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gona jump back in and complete this. Got stuck at Micolash. Think Ill summon someone in to help...there is no shame in Goddammit!!!

He's one of the easier bosses. Theres a handy cheese you can use if you Google it.

I bet him by going at him like a lunatic. Ended up stun locking him and then got a few dodges in while my stamina was recharging.

Vicxas wrote: »
    God Dammit

Fought my way out of the prison and got to a massive electric dragon/dog thing. Pretty much kicked me around the place.

So i went back and killed the Vicar and the Witch, witch took me a while to figure out she was invisible

That's not the way main way to get out of the prison :pac: there was a lamp on the top floor you can run to and go back to the dream.

Yeah if you didnt activate the lamp in that place you wont be able to go back there in the current state its in... :(

Not a major loss but you're missing out on some items, weapon and armor drop, and theres two pigs there that are good for farming echoes/vials.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Just wait until you've it upgraded and fortified

nix wrote: »
    Yeah if you didnt activate the lamp in that place you wont be able to go back there in the current state its in... :(

Not a major loss but you're missing out on some items, weapon and armor drop, and theres two pigs there that are good for farming echoes/vials.

Oh I found the Lamp, but i'll be damned if i was gonna leave an area unexplored.

Gonna go back when i'm a little better equipped.

Also, quick question. How do you guys deal with those ranged arseholes that have shotguns/Blunderbuss'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Oh I found the Lamp, but i'll be damned if i was gonna leave an area unexplored.

Gonna go back when i'm a little better equipped.

If you get as far as killing a boss called Rom, you cannot go back to that area as it is now I'd recoomend trying to leg it to the very end of the map outside to get a weapon stored on the floor (cause It's broken as f**k against some bosses).

There's also an NPC there, you can save her. How to below in Spoiler
    Talk to her wearing White or Black Church garb OR Gascoingnes Garb since he was technically part of the Healing Church
    Also, quick question. How do you guys deal with those ranged arseholes that have shotguns/Blunderbuss'?

Are you talking about AI Hunters or the Trash Mobs with rifles? Cause the former totally depends as they differ by area in their loadout meaning you have to approach them differently. If its the latter either rush them, or do lots of rolling and/shoot them back.

You could use the shield, but you don't want to be that guy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just get bagged again to go back to the Goal as long as you haven't advanced past Rom?

I've been killed a few times now by them, and haven't been bagged since.

If you get as far as killing a boss called Rom, you cannot go back to that area as it is now I'd recoomend trying to leg it to the very end of the map outside to get a weapon stored on the floor (cause It's broken as f**k against some bosses).

There's also an NPC there, you can save her. How to below in Spoiler
    Talk to her wearing White or Black Church garb OR Gascoingnes Garb since he was technically part of the Healing Church

Are you talking about AI Hunters or the Trash Mobs with rifles? Cause the former totally depends as they differ by area in their loadout meaning you have to approach them differently. If its the latter either rush them, or do lots of rolling and/shoot them back.

You could use the shield, but you don't want to be that guy

I never got the hype for that weapon. I used Ludwig's Holy Blade with the Saw Cleaver for most of my play through.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I never got the hype for that weapon. I used Ludwig's Holy Blade with the Saw Cleaver for most of my play through.

I used the Saw Cleaver with a Fire Gem for most beast types (serrated + fire), but that other weapon with a Bolt Gem is broken against humanoid enemies and many bosses
    You gotta use it's buffed form. By the end of my Platnium trophy I'm pretty sure I had 3x 15%+ bolt Gems and tbh, it was just cruel. It's not a whole pile of "Fun" to use since its just bashing away at dudes.
    I guess it also depends on how you balanced Strength and Skill in your build.

Anyway, I'm in a committed relationship with the Whirligig Saw now

I used the Saw Cleaver with a Fire Gem for most beast types (serapted + fire), but that other weapon with a Bolt Gem is broken against humanoid enemies and many bosses
    You gotta use it's buffed form. By the end of my Platnium trophy I'm pretty sure I had 3x 15%+ bolt Gems and tbh, it was just cruel. It's not a whole pile of "Fun" to use since its just bashing away at dudes.
    I guess it also depends on how you balanced Strength and Skill in your build.

Anyway, I'm in a committed relationship with the Whirligig Saw now

I still haven't started the DLC.

I may actually boot my character later and see how I left everything off stats wise.

Are you doing the DLC on New Game or New Game Plus?
    I finished it on NG but not NG+ but would be happy to help as I found some of those areas/enemies/bosses tough as balls compared to the vanilla stuff.

Think I ended up at ~145 or so and ended up leveling up stats just so I could use all the items/weapons in the game (even a Call from Beyond) :)

50 Vitality
    40 Stamina
    40 Strenght
    30 Skill
    20 Bloodtinge
    25 Arcane

Are you doing the DLC on New Game or New Game Plus?
    I finished it on NG but not NG+ but would be happy to help as I found some of those areas/enemies/bosses tough as balls compared to the vanilla stuff.

Think I ended up at ~145 or so and ended up leveling up stats just so I could use all the items/weapons in the game (even a Call from Beyond) :)

50 Vitality
    40 Stamina
    40 Strenght
    30 Skill
    20 Bloodtinge
    25 Arcane

Killed your man at the end after eating the cords. Then I died so I could do Old Hunters in my current play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Speaking of the Bagmen, I was trying to get killed by them to go to the prison and got caught with this move, never saw it before.

Like Kane in his prime!

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Killed your man at the end after eating the cords. Then I died so I could do Old Hunters in my current play through.

And to think I only grinded (maybe 50?) more levels than that and am still being a pussy about touching the DLC in NG+

Tonitrus is a good weapon but it eats through the durability, so much so you would be switching to a backup weapon frequently when its breaks. Plus is very boring compared to many others..

Whirligig is great, when it was first released it broke the game because the transformed R2 tore through bosses way too fast, so it got nerfed to hell. Still does good damage though..

Lugwigs greatsword in my opinion is just ****, its one handed form is very weak and does pretty much zero stagger on most enemies. The two handed form is meh to, you may aswell just be rocking the moonlight sword, its alot more fun and cooler looking... The only appealing thing about it is you can get it early game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

gonna start this game tonight after work... is it really that frustrating?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There will be some frustration, no doubt, but that is offset at the sense of satisfaction in beating that hurdle and the learning curve of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

J. Marston wrote: »
    There will be some frustration, no doubt, but that is offset at the sense of satisfaction in beating that hurdle and the learning curve of the game.

looking forward to it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's just different, most of the frustration comes from the game actually being difficult. You're not a superhuman who can mash attack to win every fight, you need to bide your time and take the correct moment to attack, or it's going to hurt. And being hurt causes lots of death.

The opening few hours are the most difficult because you're learning how to play the game, after you get 3-4 bosses in it becomes a lot easier as you know how to fight now.

If in doubt, dodge.

So i caved and decided to do another playthrough (its amazing how much your skills decline the time spent away from these games) Anyway, i have like 1-2 weapons i havent played proper, rifle spear and church pick.

So got my hands on the rifle spear AND... its total dog****, its slow AND weak.. WTF?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Where do you get the church pick? It's not a weapon I remember even after seeing an image of it. Looks like Gerhmans weapon but that's called a burial blade if I remember correctly.

I think you have to get Djuras badge to get access to the church pick. Not 100% certain though

Its defo a weapon,
    After Ludwig bossfight in DLC, In the prison theres a hunter in one of the cells who wields it, you get it off him when you kill him.. (I think you need to get the prison cell key to open his particular cell)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Its defo a weapon,
    After Ludwig bossfight in DLC, In the prison theres a hunter in one of the cells who wields it, you get it off him when you kill him.. (I think you need to get the prison cell key to open his particular cell)

Ah I must have it then. Killed him
    before he invaded me in fishing hamlet, if that's who you mean

• Advertisement

Its defo a weapon,

Isn't that the bloodletter that
    Brador
    has?

Advertisement