Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

No different guy I'm talking about, hes in one of the
    cells in the hallway of cells, behind the door when you open it.
    You may not have triggered him if you didnt go into the room.

Oh, i know the guy.
    Behind the door when you walk into the cell?
    He doesn't have a name does he? If i have the right guy now I can safely say i hate him. gave me fierce trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Is that
    yamamura, the Eastern hunter
    . If so, I must have the weapon. If not, it's an NPC I missed.

Just looked it up. Don't recall that fight so must have missed it. A reason to replay!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Those two hunters to the right of Vicar Amelia's church. The prick with the gun must be one of the most frustrating enemies in the game.

He offers no threat but you cannot get close to him thanks to his gun. Must have been over 10 minutes try to duck and weave my way towards him last night before I finally pinned him in a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

fought the first boss for 3/4s of an hour and then realised it was just a dog you had to die to get your weapons
    fts where's the guides?

• Advertisement

Yeah I recall the same thing happening when I played it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

When do you guys do Chalice dungeons?

Do you need co-op for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Vicxas wrote: »
    When do you guys do Chalice dungeons?

Do you need co-op for it?
    you need to beat the optional boss, Blood Starved Beast. He's unlocked after beating Father Gascoigne

You don't need Co-op nope, if you search the thread of chalice dungeons I've a few fairly comprehensive posts on them and how they work

This is my third or fourth playthrough and I've platinumed it but this is my first time seeing this thing in chalice dungeons?

DYB_MF0WAAEUult.jpg

It's not hostile, just stands there. Felt like killing it would've been a dick move.

haha, i have seen them, they do die pretty quickly, and from what i remember, always drop a good few health vials. Didn't know they didnt attack at all, i always suspected them to do something sneaky or high damage if i let them react... so never let them :P

oh and, ewwww Hunter axe :D

• Advertisement

I'm drenched in blood. Opened up the first area, fought father G by mistake and battled the cleric beast until near death. I'm levelling up my character, can you level up forever? I feel like that episode of south park fighting boars in the woods for 1xp but I'm getting noticeably stronger.

You can level until all your stats are 99 but it would take hundreds of hours, most people are level 80 or 90 when they beat the game

60 Insight:
    • The sound of a baby crying will follow you wherever you go.

Starting to think the game designers are truly evil nasty people.

In the hidden workshop, the abandoned doll's finger taps every few seconds.

Might be a physics thing but it's creepy nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

Regarding weapon scaling, can you remove gemstones after inserting them? Also any weapon that would go well with the blades of mercy? Preferably something with reach.

Just started this over the weekend. I picked the axe. It seems the best option is to use it two handed for the extra range but I think this is going to come back and bite me later on, when I'm unable to use the shotgun to stagger enemies. Hope this doesn't frustrate me really enjoyed what I've seen so far, presumably even the bosses get easier to take down as you level up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just started this over the weekend. I picked the axe. It seems the best option is to use it two handed for the extra range but I think this is going to come back and bite me later on, when I'm unable to use the shotgun to stagger enemies. Hope this doesn't frustrate me really enjoyed what I've seen so far, presumably even the bosses get easier to take down as you level up.

Never presume anything about this game :P ah you will get used to the bosses etc the more you play the game.

gimli2112 wrote: »

Just press L1 to turn the axe into a 1hander and then you can use your pistol, grand job. ;)

Also, there are many other weapons, there is no harm in dropping the axe for another one if yer not liking it.. There are alot more better/fun weapons. Just make sure you like the playstyle of the weapon before you spend mats on upgrading it, not so much of an issue in the latter game when you have alot to spare, but you wont have alot at the start to waste..

Johny Cage wrote: »
    Regarding weapon scaling, can you remove gemstones after inserting them? Also any weapon that would go well with the blades of mercy? Preferably something with reach.

You can swap them in and out freely, once you upgrade a weapon your materials are gone but the gemstones can be switched

Blades are fecking fantastic, you probably won't need a backup but my preference would be the Threaded Cane, or Saw Cleaver.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Easy Allies released the 4th ep in their Souls Retrospective...it's Bloodborne

After watching it...I can honestly say I had NO IDEA that that was the story.....I guess the Souls stories can just pass you right by if you don't pay attention.

• Advertisement

Johny Cage wrote: »

Burial blade to go with blades of mercy, hands down.

Soft cap skill (50 points) and bring arcane up to 25 points.

nix wrote: »
    Burial blade to go with blades of mercy, hands down.

Soft cap skill (50 points) and bring arcane up to 25 points.
    He probably wants something he can use first time round :D

He probably wants something he can use first time round :D

Well he can,
    he just needs to get the 3 umbilical cords, hunters mark out on moon presence fight.
    And then he can use it for tackling cainhurst, chalice dungeons and the DLC ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Dunno was it just me getting used to the game or did Castle Cainhurst have very few enemies/combat overall

I'm debating going for the platinum in Bloodborne but the only thing turning me off it is the Chalice Dungeons. Ive done the first Pthumerian one and maybe the Central Pthumerian too but not really enjoyed them too much. Should I persevere with them?
    All the other trophies seem manageable to me except the
    Queen of Pthumeria

I'm debating going for the platinum in Bloodborne but the only thing turning me off it is the Chalice Dungeons. Ive done the first Pthumerian one and maybe the Central Pthumerian too but not really enjoyed them too much. Should I persevere with them?
    All the other trophies seem manageable to me except the
    Queen of Pthumeria

You have 5 more to do to get to that fight. Worth seeing that boss as it's tied to something you saw in the later stages of the game if I recall correctly. Nothing majorly difficult over all but I did struggle with the bloodstarved beast I think it was under some of the conditions and needed help. Theres one dungeon that
    dramatically reduces the health bar for the entire dungeon

Can't recall if there were any weapons in those dungeons for that trophy , I'm thinking there was one maybe.

I was in the same boat. I persevered cause they do introduce new enemies and bosses and I was enjoying the game too much to put it down and I wanted to get the Trophy given I'd gotten every other one. Felt more "complete"

You don't need to do all of them to get the trophy, you can skip the Hintertomb and Great Isz ones completely afaik
    I found there was a big jump in skill/level for the Cursed one (where you get 1/2 health) and some of the bosses caused me far more hassle than they did in my main game playthrough

He's a handy playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pz2qcM99GU&list=PL6MjXQTb6dx9QSZzwcLxc0hTGRkrgln8k

The Beast Claws are only available in the latter challenge dungeons too if you're going for the collect All Weapons trophy

I will say that while it might not flow as well as the main game, I don't think you will regret doing them.

Did you finish all the Old Hunters DLC?

You can run through the dungeons themselves and avoid combat for the most part (except for the bell-ringing bitches who summon red spiders, you'll want to put them down) but some of the chalice dungeon bosses get very hard.

Those Red Spiders were the worst. *shudders*

• Advertisement

I was in the same boat. I persevered cause they do introduce new enemies and bosses and I was enjoying the game too much to put it down and I wanted to get the Trophy given I'd gotten every other one. Felt more "complete"

You don't need to do all of them to get the trophy, you can skip the Hintertomb and Great Isz ones completely afaik
    I found there was a big jump in skill/level for the Cursed one (where you get 1/2 health) and some of the bosses caused me far more hassle than they did in my main game playthrough

He's a handy playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pz2qcM99GU&list=PL6MjXQTb6dx9QSZzwcLxc0hTGRkrgln8k

The Beast Claws are only available in the latter challenge dungeons too if you're going for the collect All Weapons trophy

I will say that while it might not flow as well as the main game, I don't think you will regret doing them.

Did you finish all the Old Hunters DLC?

Yeah, i finished Old Hunters. I think I have the Beast Claws, do you need to find the uncanny and lost versions of the weapons for the weapon trophy?

Advertisement