Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

J. Marston wrote: »
    You can run through the dungeons themselves and avoid combat for the most part (except for the bell-ringing bitches who summon red spiders, you'll want to put them down) but some of the chalice dungeon bosses get very hard.

The name
    Defiled Amygdala
    seems to come up with worrying frequency online:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Beast Claw : This is found in level 2 of the Ailing Loran Chalice Dungeon.

Blue Arm boss dude ain't the problem imho as you fought her before, Fire Dog is a whole different kettle of fish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The only boss fights i truly hated in the chalice dungeons were the Bloodletting and Abhorrent Beast fights, those ****ers dont mess around, no give in them, constant back peddling, heart in your throat fights :eek:

The defiled dungeon was rough, but its just a case of slow and steady to win that race. Fighting
    Amygdala
    with feck all hp in a room smaller than my bedroom was both humorous and cruel :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

I'm debating going for the platinum in Bloodborne but the only thing turning me off it is the Chalice Dungeons. Ive done the first Pthumerian one and maybe the Central Pthumerian too but not really enjoyed them too much. Should I persevere with them?
    All the other trophies seem manageable to me except the
    Queen of Pthumeria

You could always choose to co-op them to make it less painful.

TinCanMan wrote: »
    You could always choose to co-op them to make it less painful.

Ah I know but that's a last resort :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

this won't be popular but, I'm an average gamer. Loving this and spent a week in central yarnham just levelling up, farming that big ass ogre who finally dropped a gem. killing rats and ranking up my axe. Really scared the boss battles would turn me off the game, enjoying it but frustration would make me walk away, kept killing rats.

I watched youtube videos, researched (I knew I shouldn't) but still thought the boss battles would be beyond me. Today after a few drinks I approached the cleric beast.

Well that was easy, still though Father Gascoigne, more rat killing.

1/2 way through the boss battle I though this is it I'm done, got stuck in a tree, sliver of health got out, more fighting, much harder than the rats. I knew a glitch for the wolf part, no way I would have killed him without it . When he died thought my heart would explode, it was like I'd suspended all emotion during the fight, yeah I know the whole you have to die over and over again to get the experience but that would just destroy me.

So two bosses no deaths, walked into the next level got immediately killed. Back to killing rats but loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Fair dues gimli. As to popular, who cares. You’re enjoying it and no matter how you play its a great game. Looking forward to diving back in too and maybe completing the chalice challenges this time around. Need to look into that glitch for the wolf part, took me ages last time and I barely scaped through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Well done Gimli. As Taltos said, do whatever you enjoy. The combat will click eventually. First time I fought Father Gascoigne I cheesed him through the graves for the first two stages and through a tree for the beast stage and I still died a few times before I killed him. It wasn't for a while after that the combat actually started to come naturally and on my next playthrough I was able to do it out in the open area, dodging and parrying. Steep learning curve with Souls games. Glad you're enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Nice one Gimli, beating the bastards is the main thing

Give it another few hours and you'll be parry-locking Father Gascoigne next time round

just fell off a bridge and lost 8500 echos
    This may not sound a lot but it's a whole level up for me
    Even the bridges are bast**ds

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »

Gravity was always the hardest Boss in Souls games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If you run from Central Yarnham, head left and go straight to Fr Gas, fight everything on the way I think it's about 2.6k for a 5 minute run if you want to farm them back, it's good vial and parry farming/practise too.

You're not too far off unlocking the chalice dungeons which are great for farming though, so I wouldn't bother chasing echos in your shoes

Don't forget to fully search the area where you fought Father Gascoigne ;)

ah crap I ran out of that place like I was on fire, I'll have to go back

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really hate that quest. It's so fúcking depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Been banging my head against Orphan.

Bastard moves like a rabbit on speed in phase 2

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Vicxas wrote:
    Been banging my head against Orphan.

Hands down the number one hardest boss...for me anyway.

Mind you, I'm on NG++ now at the Shadow of Yharnam and I might have a new number one.

found the blood soaked broach, went back to the window but had already told the kid she was an orphan......no response

Wow, you're horrible Gim, just straight up crushed that poor childs hopes :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Did anyone pick up the first issue of the Bloodborne comic book?

I've been looking around for it but it seems to be sold out everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Feck the kid, break the broach and take the gem every time ;)

I made so many mistakes in my inaugural run. Like sending the serial killer to the church.... Whoops

so the blood soaked beast, accidentally summoned an npc and some guy joined. the npc starts attacking the dude, I try and help. NPC is winning so I join in, such a dick move, feel bad. Stop fighting and let dude kill me, Back for blood echoes fight beast almost killed him but died, frustrated and left. 5 minutes later I'm back. Summon players and murdered it. How do you join other players? wandered around eventually found the summoning bell and started helping people with the cleric beast, father G and the bload soaked beast.
    This is the greatest thing ever

so the blood soaked beast, accidentally summoned an npc and some guy joined. the npc starts attacking the dude, I try and help. NPC is winning so I join in, such a dick move, feel bad. Stop fighting and let dude kill me, Back for blood echoes fight beast almost killed him but died, frustrated and left. 5 minutes later I'm back. Summon players and murdered it. How do you join other players? wandered around eventually found the summoning bell and started helping people with the cleric beast, father G and the bload soaked beast.
    This is the greatest thing ever

You need to buy the small resonant bell, its sold by the insight messengers outside the Hunters dream lodge.

On a personal side note:

I BEAT THE FCUKING ORPHAN!!

Seriously, that guy is the hardest boss I've fought in the Soulsborne franchise

Vicxas wrote: »

I BEAT THE FCUKING ORPHAN!!

Seriously, that guy is the hardest boss I've fought in the Soulsborne franchise

Well done. Personally, I found
    Lawrence
    harder. I have never beaten him solo. Spent weeks trying then just caved and summoned.

Well done. Personally, I found
    Lawrence
    harder. I have never beaten him solo. Spent weeks trying then just caved and summoned.

On him at the minute, second phase is whats getting me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Unicrons Dad

Im having a problem accessing the DLC . Ive done what im supposed to. Killed vicar amelia. Interacted with skull. Got item eye of blood drunk hunter. But the cosmic vortex wont grab me . Help ?

You have to stand in a very particular spot to be picked up. I think it's where you find the clothes on the body outside the chapel.

Im having a problem accessing the DLC . Ive done what im supposed to. Killed vicar amelia. Interacted with skull. Got item eye of blood drunk hunter. But the cosmic vortex wont grab me . Help ?

You also need a certain amount of Insight, or the Amygadala will kill you outright.

This is the spot here, on the right hand side near the dead body:

1533328770430568621.jpg

• Advertisement

After I killed the blood soaked beast, I instantly died. Just keeled over and some chalice thing popped up on screen. What's that about?
    It's cool how you progress through the game. This time last week I was cheesing the two werewolves in a door frame now I'm farming them in Old Yarnham.

Advertisement