Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

gimli2112 wrote: »
    After I killed the blood soaked beast, I instantly died. Just keeled over and some chalice thing popped up on screen. What's that about?
    It's cool how you progress through the game. This time last week I was cheesing the two werewolves in a door frame now I'm farming them in Old Yarnham.

Blood starved beast poisons you. You need to take antidotes to counteract the poison or it kills you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

After I killed the blood soaked beast, I instantly died. Just keeled over and some chalice thing popped up on screen. What's that about?
    It's cool how you progress through the game. This time last week I was cheesing the two werewolves in a door frame now I'm farming them in Old Yarnham.

The chalice is what you get for beating the BSB. Head to the Hunters dream. See how there's 6 tombstones to the left of the messenger bath, if you interact with one you can set up a Chalice Dungeon, basically extra area mazes, there's an infinite amount you can generate and they're great for echos and loot.

The death was poisoning alright, use antidotes to counteract it, there's a bar appears in the top centre of your screen when poison us building up, or you've contracted it.

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    Did anyone pick up the first issue of the Bloodborne comic book?

I've been looking around for it but it seems to be sold out everywhere.

Its getting reprinted and being released alongside issue 2 which is out this week or next week i think

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Im having a problem accessing the DLC . Ive done what im supposed to. Killed vicar amelia. Interacted with skull. Got item eye of blood drunk hunter. But the cosmic vortex wont grab me . Help ?

My advice is not to go near the DLC until you are at the end game. It's seriously tough if you aren't ready.... and you aren't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Some of the games I joined yesterday must have been ng+ as I was doing next to no damage in some of them. Seems a weird mechanic. Man I feel bad for attacking that guy who joined to help me. It's not like the game isn't hard enough without that type of BS.

• Advertisement

Some of the games I joined yesterday must have been ng+ as I was doing next to no damage in some of them. Seems a weird mechanic. Man I feel bad for attacking that guy who joined to help me. It's not like the game isn't hard enough without that type of BS.

Are you sure he wasn't an invader? You can't normally attack co-op partners

There's no punishment for dying as a phantom anyways, you respawn at the lamp, echos intact

See what happened was I accidentally summoned an npc character outside the blood starved beast, so the npc arrived and about 30 seconds later a player jumped in. I didn't ring a beckoning bell at all although I did lose one insight.
    The NPC started attacking the player and he fought back (although now I think about it I didn't see the fight start). I tried attacking the npc but that didn't work and clobbered the player which seemed like fun at first. It was only 1/2 way through the fight I realised what a bollix I was being.
    I lost echoes but made my way back and picked them up.

Nah if you didn't ring the beckoning bell and the NPC attacked him, that was an invader, come to steal your sheep.

You had the right idea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Was this in Byrgenwerth?
    Are you sure it was an online person?
    It could have been an NPC hunter, there's several AI enemies like that in the game that are kitted out like you.

It was just outside the building where the blood starved beast in Church Ward was. It was definitely a player. I'm annoyed I allowed him to kill me now. Any games I joined I wasn't able to attack players, although I didn't try but there were plenty of times they would have been hit from a frenzy of friendly fire.

I killed one npc hunter, died to the dude who shoots the machine gun at you as I jumped backwards off the roof to my death. I know there's a bastard npc hunter with a crow's head that I'm not looking forward to.

There must be some mechanic where an npc you summon sees a player as an enemy 'cos they were definitely damaging each other.

• Advertisement

It was just outside the building where the blood starved beast in Church Ward was. It was definitely a player. I'm annoyed I allowed him to kill me now. Any games I joined I wasn't able to attack players, although I didn't try but there were plenty of times they would have been hit from a frenzy of friendly fire.

I killed one npc hunter, died to the dude who shoots the machine gun at you as I jumped backwards off the roof to my death. I know there's a bastard npc hunter with a crow's head that I'm not looking forward to.

There must be some mechanic where an npc you summon sees a player as an enemy 'cos they were definitely damaging each other.

There's 3 multiplayer options, Host, Co-Operator or Invader, each is connected to the bell you ring.

If you ring the Beckoning Bell, you're becoming a host and a Co-Operator will join you eventually to help out, or an Invader will come to **** your **** up.

If you ring the Small Resonant Bell, you're becoming a Co-Operator and will join a host elsewhere to help them.

If you ring the Sinister Resonant Bell, you're becoming an invader and will join a host elsewhere to hunt and kill them.

Hosts and Co-Operators are always on the same team and can't hurt each other, whereas the invader will always be against them. There are NPC Invaders and Co-Operators too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Nah if you didn't ring the beckoning bell and the NPC attacked him, that was an invader, come to steal your sheep.

You had the right idea

Does it not come up on screen, like Souls, when you get invaded? Never happened to me in Bloodborne.

Does it not come up on screen, like Souls, when you get invaded? Never happened to me in Bloodborne.

I've never been invaded so I'm not sure either

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I think its something to do when you summon someone (be it an NPC or a player) but a woman ringing a sinister bell appears and summons player invaders into your world.

Beat the game yesterday, and already started my NG+ run. Should i hard cap my strength for Ludwigs Holy Blade ASAP?

yes that message popped up about a woman ringing a bell, I found out after you need to kill her to stop invasions but I have no idea where she is. Can't remember if it happened when I summoned the NPC, summoned the players or both times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Its getting reprinted and being released alongside issue 2 which is out this week or next week i think

Thanks! I ordered the reprint and the future issues (there are only going to be 4).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DabllDoYa

That lady spawns in the same area every map. There's probably a vid about it somewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Unicrons Dad

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    My advice is not to go near the DLC until you are at the end game. It's seriously tough if you aren't ready.... and you aren't :D

How would you know, for your info I'm at the living failures boss and by the way Ive already completed this DLC before

How would you know, for your info I'm at the living failures boss and by the way Ive already completed this DLC before

Ugh!

I hate those guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I'd say get all the way up to Mergo's Loft before tackling the DLC. That way if it's giving your trouble you can always grind for blood echoes around the loft, that loop is one of the most profitable areas in the game.

• Advertisement

Just seen that you shouldn't go past a Blood Level 120 as otherwise you'll have less people to co-op with. This blows up my idea of grinding to level 500+ so.

Just seen that you shouldn't go past a Blood Level 120 as otherwise you'll have less people to co-op with. This blows up my idea of grinding to level 500+ so.

120 is kind of the agreed meta, though some people reckon it should be 150 and grind accordingly, once you're below 200 you should be fine, above 200 you're in NG++ and probably don't need partners anyways.

Most people will beat the game at Level 90 or so, NG+ at about 150 or 160, level 500 would be ludacris and not worth the effort. Past level 200 it takes like 200k echos to level up and it jumps like 10% per level.

There's also the matter of level caps, most skills have big increases from level 1-20, smaller increases from 20-40 and smaller again 40-50, after 50 you get **** all back in terms of usefulness in all stats bar Arcane, it's the only one worth grinding to 99. Some of them basically cap at 40 but I can't remember off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Probably for the best.

Wiki says it takes 619,337,914 echoes to reach level 544 from level 4. With levels past 500 costing around 3.5/4 million echoes per level.

Frenzy would start to kick in with that level of grinding.

It's costing me about 12K to level up at present. Although I did end up with 60K after jumping in to help someone, which was nice. Ah I'm still very early in the game. Keep expecting to hit an obstacle I can't overcome.

Get the 1st few Chalice Dungeons out of the way as the later ones give insane Blood Echoes.
    Also the 1st few are "low" levels so pointless waiting too long to do them.
    These 3 can be done fairly lineraly after you have defeated BSB

Pthumerian Labyrinth
    Created with (CW): Pthumeru Chalice
    Depth (D): 1
    Recommended Player Level (RPL): 30+
    Weapon Upgrade (WU): +3

Central Pthumerian Labyrinth
    CW: Central Pthumeru Chalice
    D: 2
    RPL: 40+ WU: +6

Hintertomb
    CW: Hintertomb Chalice
    D: 2
    RPL: 40+ WU: +6

It's costing me about 12K to level up at present. Although I did end up with 60K after jumping in to help someone, which was nice. Ah I'm still very early in the game. Keep expecting to hit an obstacle I can't overcome.

Where are you right now?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Where are you right now?

Awaits vague but funny descriptive answer

Church Ward just wandering about having beaten the Blood Starved Beast. Haven't done much past this other than co-op BSB, Father G and The Cleric Beast.

Awaits vague but funny descriptive answer

There's nothing funny about Bloodborne

• Advertisement

Church Ward just wandering about having beaten the Blood Starved Beast. Haven't done much past this other than co-op BSB, Father G and The Cleric Beast.

Ah you still have lots of fun ahead.

Advertisement