Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've done a fair bit of co-op which has bulked up the insight a bit and fought four bosses (one twice) in Chalice Dungeons. I have 8-10 madman's knowledge so my insight is really past 50. It's probably stupid having it so high, some of the enemies have really annoying attacks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Did you kill a Hunter in Temple of Odeon (where you fought Father G)? If so, you can buy his clothes set from the bath messengers outside the door from Gehrman and it's one of the best Lightning Resistances in the games. Handy for some of the later bosses ;)

Yup couldn't teleport to that lamp so walked back from Church Ward and some Hunter ambushed me. Thought it was a pvp thing. I ran away like a little girl but then thought hang on a sec I'm pretty levelled up for my progress. Went back and there were two hunters fighting and killed the baddie.
    I made friends with the hunter in Old Yarnham but wasn't paying attention to what he said and he started shooting me again, so I climbed all the way back up and killed him. Visceral spam worked :) I'd already killed the Hunter below him. I'm killing a lot of hunters. It's like that book I am Legend (Will Smith movie which I don't remember) where the good guy turns out to be the bad guy in the end. I am the monster!
    The Hunter in the Church Yard would have been a nightmare without the sneak attack to start off. Threw all my poisoned knives at him, not sure I hit him once.

Sounds like no one is safe from you

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DabllDoYa

Oddly enough I've come across no invaders at all, I think everyone's just trying to make their way

• Advertisement

I had one in my own play through and another guy invaded when I was co-opping for Vicar Amelia. The three of us just ran away from him. Kind of odd he was chasing us. 3 v 1 couldn't be good odds.
    I think where I am now is a hot spot for invaders

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I had one in my own play through and another guy invaded when I was co-opping for Vicar Amelia. The three of us just ran away from him. Kind of odd he was chasing us. 3 v 1 couldn't be good odds.
    I think where I am now is a hot spot for invaders

It'll never be as frequented as Souls, but Souls PvP is garbage anyway

I'm convinced I'll never be comfortable with the parry mechanic, I'm noticeable better but beyond skewering trolls it's still hit and miss. I imagine you'd need to parry up against a gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It just takes practise

It's pretty handy in PvP alright, lads will parry you while you're healing if you're not careful

DkS2 PvP was the **** btw

I'm convinced I'll never be comfortable with the parry mechanic, I'm noticeable better but beyond skewering trolls it's still hit and miss. I imagine you'd need to parry up against a gamer.
    Works fine in PvE, but you never know what laggy concoction you'll experience online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Parrying in PVP is awful, rolling is your mate in PVP

Rolling is another "not my forte" type of thing. I rolled right off the church rooftop when fighting the machinegunning Hunter. I fell to my death in disbelief.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Rolling is another "not my forte" type of thing. I rolled right off the church rooftop when fighting the machinegunning Hunter. I fell to my death in disbelief.

Bloodborne in a nutshell.

I platinumed the game and I can't parry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Same

that's good to know, I'd like to platinum this if I can. Just went back to the gaol as I hadn't picked up anything there. Got that weapon and a load of good stuff. Those notes people leave behind are awesome although "the massive pig can get through this door" would have been very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

that's good to know, I'd like to platinum this if I can. Just went back to the gaol as I hadn't picked up anything there. Got that weapon and a load of good stuff. Those notes people leave behind are awesome although "the massive pig can get through this door" would have been very helpful
    If you want to platinum it you can make it much easier by making a backup save just before the last boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I think to increase the chances of being invaded you first have to invade someone else, at least that is how I read the tips on the bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

People can't leave detailed notes, they can just choose between set phrases to make up a sentence, that's why you will see alot of the same vague sentences within notes. Getting Platinum is fairly easy, only the chalice dungeon parts will prove difficult.

ah yeah I know I've left a few messages myself, even this can be tough with the limited vocabulary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Did you get a special screen saver after getting the platinum? I never got mine ( sad face)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

weiland79 wrote: »
    Did you get a special screen saver after getting the platinum? I never got mine ( sad face)

Never got it either, didn't know there was one! Will have to keep an eye ot

No, there's some moving one but I think that was only with the complete edition. I bought the game and DLC separately.

Gimli, have you been to Upper Cathedral Ward (it's a separate area to Cathedral Ward), there's a secret place (you won't find without a video guide, trust me) there that you will need to visit if you intend to platinum.

I heard the Cathedral Ward was huge, I didn't think so which leads me to believe there's plenty of parts I haven't opened up yet.

I got through the door with the password and found my way back to the Hyperion (this sounds more like Borderlands?) Gaol, I also jumped down some ledges to the alternative workshop which lets you equip runes, which lead to many unnecessary deaths. Fought the blood starved beast and Vicar Amelia. Haven't killed Darkbeast Paarl yet but I think he should be easy enough. Now I think of it I still have to explore the forest that's to the right of the Amelia church and there's a path on the left I haven't fully explored yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

You need to be signed up for the sony newsletter\alerts in your account. If you contact support they should be able to provide the theme for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I heard the Cathedral Ward was huge, I didn't think so which leads me to believe there's plenty of parts I haven't opened up yet.

I got through the door with the password and found my way back to the Hyperion (this sounds more like Borderlands?) Gaol, I also jumped down some ledges to the alternative workshop which lets you equip runes, which lead to many unnecessary deaths. Fought the blood starved beast and Vicar Amelia. Haven't killed Darkbeast Paarl yet but I think he should be easy enough. Now I think of it I still have to explore the forest that's to the right of the Amelia church and there's a path on the left I haven't fully explored yet.

Explorer that place immediately man.
    Essential item there. Surprised you got this far without it!

What item? Where? :confused:

The armour you get from the Hunter Henryk in Tomb of Odeon is the one I was gonna recommend for Darkbeast btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

What item? Where? :confused:

The armour you get from the Hunter Henryk in Tomb of Odeon is the one I was gonna recommend for Darkbeast btw

The path to the left outside Amelia for
    witches fight and workshop tool for either gems or runes, can't remember which

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Unicrons Dad

Just completed it for the 2nd time including dlc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hunters Knightmare is killing me.
    Losing so much exp there

Advertisement