Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was terrible at the dark souls games, I dread to think how I'll do in this lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I was terrible at the dark souls games, I dread to think how I'll do in this lol

You'll probably be killed a couple of times trying to open the plastic wrapping on the game case by all accounts

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cormac... wrote: »
    You'll probably be killed a couple of times trying to open the plastic wrapping on the game case by all accounts

Ahhh jesus......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just pre-ordered this, releasing on Friday suits me perfectly with regards school :D Can't wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

went for the digital pre order... 59.99 euros, The only downside is that you can't trade it in when finished, but games like this and gta5 I have went for the digital download, you will get plenty of hours and value out of them......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I will wait for reviews and then see whats the story. I want it a lot, but the price is pushing me away from it. 59.99eu for Digital is still bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Can't understand anyone paying that much for digital.

It should be half the price of physical copies to make up for what you are giving up.

The odd indie or some sort of very cheap sale are the only times Id consider a digital copy of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

mdwexford wrote: »

It should be half the price of physical copies to make up for what you are giving up.

The odd indie or some sort of very cheap sale are the only times Id consider a digital copy of anything.

Publishers don't want you trading in games so they won't compensate you on digital. The disc probably costs cents to press and they can't undercut retailers too much or they won't stock the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

There's lots of benefits to digital as well, the only negative is that it can't be traded in. But with a game like this odds are you won't want to trade it in, or by the time you do it'll be worth a few euro.

Plus, three days early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Am I the only one who thinks €60 is pretty reasonable for the digital version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks €60 is pretty reasonable for the digital version?

It's standard alright. Nearly all companies charge the same for digital as physical.

It should be cheaper because it costs them less but that's generally not how it works. It should, but it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Digital makes sense on PC all day long, on console - not so much, unless bought on sale. *Opens a can of worms.

Anyway, its a shame we cant even get cheaper on amazon anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Would it be possible to make a Hong Kong PSN account, buy the game and play right now? Or an AUS account? Close to the release for a game that im hyped for i have no desire to play any games other than the one to be released. Its like a curse

Would it be possible to make a Hong Kong PSN account, buy the game and play the game right now? Or an AUS account?

Hong Kong is in China, they'll be a while waiting for the game there. ;)
    But you probably meant Japan, they're not getting the game until Thursday. Not sure what the Australian release date is, but doubt it's earlier than now.

It's around 28gb download anyway, if you buy it on US PSN it'll probably take you at least the 5 hours left to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Hong Kong is in China, they'll be a while waiting for the game there. ;)
    But you probably meant Japan, they're not getting the game until Thursday. Not sure what the Australian release date is, but doubt it's earlier than now.

It's around 28gb download anyway, if you buy it on US PSN it'll probably take you at least the 5 hours left to download it.

Nah i watched about 5 minutes of a guy from HK playing it on twitch. Although i admit i didn't check the release date for HK :o He probably got a physical copy of the game early...

Nah i watched about 5 minutes of a guy from HK playing it on twitch. Although i admit i didn't check the release date for HK :o He probably got a physical copy of the game early...

He probably imported it from somewhere. It might never be allowed to be released in China with their strict laws surrounding what games are allowed.
    PS4 only officially went on sale a few days ago there, and they've only a handful of games because most games haven't made it past the censorship laws.

There's lots of benefits to digital as well, the only negative is that it can't be traded in. But with a game like this odds are you won't want to trade it in, or by the time you do it'll be worth a few euro.

Plus, three days early.

What do you think the benefits are?

I really can't think of one that would make me consider it.

I don't really trade or sell games but I still go for physical copies every time.

What do you think the benefits are?

I really can't think of one that would make me consider it.

I don't really trade or sell games but I still go for physical copies every time.

Easy access, can gameshare, don't have to carry around a large stack of games when bringing your PS4 anywhere, can log into any PS4 in the world and start playing your games, don't have to get off the couch to play a different game, midnight releases without leaving the house.

Really though it's the 3 day early thing that is the main factor for me.

Easy access, can gameshare, don't have to carry around a large stack of games when bringing your PS4 anywhere, can log into any PS4 in the world and start playing your games, don't have to get off the couch to play a different game, midnight releases without leaving the house.

Really though it's the 3 day early thing that is the main factor for me.

Yeah none of those appeal to me or would sway me from preferring physical.

If I had people I could gameshare with maybe I would consider it.

Lower prices would be the only reason I'd go digital.

Yeah none of those appeal to me or would sway me from preferring physical.

If I had people I could gameshare with maybe I would consider it.

Lower prices would be the only reason I'd go digital.

You say you don't trade or sell your games, so what are the benefits to physical?
    The prices for digital are still cheaper than physical, 56euro on US PSN, compared to 75 in Gamestop..

• Advertisement

Reviews are coming in. Mostly 9's, with a few 9.5s and 10s. Jim Sterling gave it a 10.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1016296&page=1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Has there ever been even a smidgen of doubt this game would be anything less than extraordinary?

Got a chuckle out of Eurogamer's headline: "Is Bloodborne the best game ever, or just the second best?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Reviews are looking great.

I need more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just said I'd try and test it out to make sure I could play before I get home later and the same timer came up. Even on my US account.

Going to try reinstalling and see if that fixes it.

• Reviews are coming in. Mostly 9's, with a few 9.5s and 10s. Jim Sterling gave it a 10.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1016296&page=1

Wow really?

Not going to get caught in the hype. Going to wait for valuable feedback from here before considering buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You say you don't trade or sell your games, so what are the benefits to physical?
    The prices for digital are still cheaper than physical, 56euro on US PSN, compared to 75 in Gamestop..

Amazon are still cheaper than digital. I'll never go digital unless it's cheaper. Only games I got digital was Revelations 2 as it was cheaper than Amazon.

I used the US PSN store twice for digital but I find it too much messing about with PSN cards etc. and last year I forgot my login email and password for my US PSN account so I have lost those two games for good when I changed out my hard drive. As it is I have never paid more than €55 for any PS4 game.

This game is the first time a digital new release price has been decent but I'll pick it up on Amazon cheaper during the summer when I get through my back log. Would not touch Gamestop unless it was the last shop on Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Anyone know where the cheapest place is to get a physical copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Wow really?

Not going to get caught in the hype. Going to wait for valuable feedback from here before considering buying it.

I loaded up the title screen. It was amazing. Join the hype.

On a serious note, have you played the likes of Dark/Demon Souls because if you have you should have a pretty good idea on the quality/style of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Argh...I still haven't done the Dark Souls 2 DLC and havent done the second playthrough I promised myself I would do!

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    I loaded up the title screen. It was amazing. Join the hype.

On a serious note, have you played the likes of Dark/Demon Souls because if you have you should have a pretty good idea on the quality/style of the game

I take it reinstalling it fixed the timer then? I'm getting the EU timer even on my US account, but people on Neogaf are saying a reinstall works. Just don't want to download another 31gb if it won't work..

Advertisement