Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Taltos wrote: »
    Hunters Knightmare is killing me.
    Losing so much exp there

What parts hurting you? If it's the hunters at the start, time to master your parrying. They are easy(ish) once you parry them for the damage ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Parrying is not my friend, just can’t pull it off consistently. Managed to get a fair bit past them last night past the set of gunners and lost around 25k in souls, will do my best later to retrace back again to recover, missed this section the first time around a year or two ago so loving it right now

Cursed and Defiled Chalice is a bollocks. Just managed to get to layer 2 and I'm gonna turn it off now. That's enough Bloodborne for one day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Cursed and Defiled Chalice is a bollocks. Just managed to get to layer 2 and I'm gonna turn it off now. That's enough Bloodborne for one day

Ohhoho the boss on at the end of Layer 2 almost f**king broke me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I miss this threads daily Gimli updates :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Far Cry 5 is distracting me, I'm enjoying it but I keep thinking I need to get back to BB. Think I prefer BB with a few drinks. Sober FC5, few drinks BB and hammered Battlefield 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Going through the hunters nightmare and just met the first boss, quite a challenge at lvl 47. Compared to the other souls games bloodborne is rather easy. Ive been advancing through the story and keeping my level low for the soul purpose to destroy low level players at Cathedral ward lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Unicrons Dad

tonydude wrote: »
    Going through the hunters nightmare and just met the first boss, quite a challenge at lvl 47. Compared to the other souls games bloodborne is rather easy. Ive been advancing through the story and keeping my level low for the soul purpose to destroy low level players at Cathedral ward lol

Darks souls 3 is just as easy, I found Dark souls 2 the hardest of them all

Chalice boss and Darkbeast Paarl. Paarl I wasn't sure of, rang a bell, waited, rang it again. I'd seen a glitch where you line up some oil with the 2nd arch from the left and then molotov, rinse and repeat. Took 25 minutes. I waited some more,
    Became impatient, ran in and killed him in 60 seconds
    My parrying is getting better too
    helped a few at Vicar Amelia
    As distracting as far cry is this is just enthralling, it just makes you think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Is there a chalice gliph to get a dungeon with the Yarnham stone?

• Advertisement

helping out in early chalice dungeons, have boss almost dead and beckoner dies, I went into a chopping frenzy and boss goes down, prey slaughtered, it's killing me not knowing if that was a complete for the guy

sticker wrote: »
    Is there a chalice gliph to get a dungeon with the Yarnham stone?

No, its just a trophy of sorts for killing
    The Queen

God I love this game, I'm not even doing it right.
    Can anyone else hear a baby crying?
    Insight's past 60 so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

gimli2112 wrote: »
    God I love this game, I'm not even doing it right.
    Can anyone else hear a baby crying?
    Insight's past 60 so.

I find the baby crying very annoying. Happens after ROM or 40 Insight I think. I started a new character last night. Got past BSB and on to Amelia next. Have you got the DLC Gimli?

I find the baby crying very annoying. Happens after ROM or 40 Insight I think. I started a new character last night. Got past BSB and on to Amelia next. Have you got the DLC Gimli?

not yet
    keep waiting for the game to frustrate me.
    matchmaking getting tough, think I'm over levelled, had a great vicar amelia fight yesterday, co-op guy died early. Me and beckoner fought for ages, almost died every time, used 15 health vials
    on win I just shouted pure happiness

gimli2112 wrote: »
    not yet
    keep waiting for the game to frustrate me.
    matchmaking getting tough, think I'm over levelled, had a great vicar amelia fight yesterday, co-op guy died early. Me and beckoner fought for ages, almost died every time, used 15 health vials
    on win I just shouted pure happiness

Speaking as someone who picked the game of the year edition up over Christmas, if you like the game now is the time to pick up the dlc. Really fleshes the story out and it's also absolutely excellent

Wow, don’t think I’ve ever let my insight go above 15 and usually keep it low single digits - does it really make that much of a difference?

I don't think so, hear a lot of extra stuff, npcs have additional attacks, it's probably dumb but helping people is awesome.

hope no one takes this the wrong way, I hate console wars and exclusives but this is the only game that makes me feel bad for the xbox guys
    oh f**k off the last of us ok I'm a total fanboy

Cheers, I have noticed some of the enemies attacks are different but its been a few years since I played so wasn’t sure. Just got invaded, thought I had them there for a bit but they got me at the end, good use of their blunderbuss, need to invest in that

• Advertisement

Don't normally post (or record) videos but gonna post this Father Gazza video. Mainly because how much I have progressed as when on myfirst play through I cheesed him through the gravestones and then a tree in beast phase but now do it properly. I'm definitely not a good player but this really shows just how much a person can progress if they stick with it.

Anyway, here it is

Tips on how to "git gudder" appreciated.

Don't normally post (or record) videos but gonna post this Father Gazza video. Mainly because how much I have progressed as when on myfirst play through I cheesed him through the gravestones and then a tree in beast phase but now do it properly. I'm definitely not a good player but this really shows just how much a person can progress if they stick with it.

Anyway, here it is

Noice, i always run up the stairs when fighting him, i find the gravestones get me killed alot easier backing and bumping into them. Also, have moltovs equipped and spam them at him when hes transforming. Makes the final (danger) phase alot quicker.

nix wrote: »
    Noice, i always run up the stairs when fighting him, i find the gravestones get me killed alot easier backing and bumping into them. Also, have moltovs equipped and spam them at him when hes transforming. Makes the final (danger) phase alot quicker.

Cheers man. I used to have oil urns, molotov and music box equipped for the final phase, as soon as he transformed I'd play the music box then throw oil at him followed by a molotov. Pretty much an instant kill. I didn't want to do that on this play through. Quite happy with how it turned out. I have been helping others with him. It's unbelievable how easy he is when Co oping.

I consider Shadow of Yharnham to be one of the toughest Bosses in this game m. They were the first wall I hit this time round. Took about 10+ attempts. I'd only solo'd them on NG+, summoned Henryk every other time. Was delighted to solo them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyway, here it is

I could be wrong but it definitely looks like you can get a transform attack in at the end of your two quick attacks on Gazza stage 1 and 2.

I'm nearly sure I did it that way and then used one Molotov when he transforms to the Beast for big damage.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I could be wrong but it definitely looks like you can get a transform attack in at the end of your two quick attacks on Gazza stage 1 and 2.

I'm nearly sure I did it that way and then used one Molotov when he transforms to the Beast for big damage.

Cheers man. Yeah I tend to panic in Boss fights and rely on quick attacks rather than heavy ones. I'm trying to do a perfect run now, i.e. Never get hit. If I managed to accomplish it I'll post back here!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cheers man. Yeah I tend to panic in Boss fights and rely on quick attacks rather than heavy ones. I'm trying to do a perfect run now, i.e. Never get hit. If I managed to accomplish it I'll post back here!

Try quick attack, quick attack, transform attack. The transform attack will do a bit more damage.

Cheers man. I used to have oil urns, molotov and music box equipped for the final phase, as soon as he transformed I'd play the music box then throw oil at him followed by a molotov. Pretty much an instant kill. I didn't want to do that on this play through. Quite happy with how it turned out. I have been helping others with him. It's unbelievable how easy he is when Co oping.

I consider Shadow of Yharnham to be one of the toughest Bosses in this game m. They were the first wall I hit this time round. Took about 10+ attempts. I'd only solo'd them on NG+, summoned Henryk every other time. Was delighted to solo them today.

hah i meant just throw a moltov in while hes transforming, as otherwise you're just looking at him transforming or taking damage if yer too close, so good to back away and just lob a moltov or two in..

I just parry spank him up until the transform and then moltov, then panic and windmill in to finish him off, highly efficient :pac:

Shadows of Yarn are easy once you just kite the two melee dudes around the tombstone to block from range dude, if yer fighting out in the open, then yeah its sensory overload on things to dodge :pac:

Anyway, here it is

that was awesone

got my brother playing this, he's terrible. Can't get past the first street. Share played and was watching it, giving tips, get him some progress but it's slow and painful. Guide him to the Cleric Beast, his first boss. Just wanted him to get one insight for the bell.
    Starts off and I'm mocking him.5 minutes in and he has maybe 10% of the boss health off. Hilarious stuff. Using all his blood vials. Throw some molotovs at it I say, some hurt, he's still awful.
    He nearly dies so often but keeps fighting.
    Get in behind it hit it's legs I say but I know he's about to die.
    Still going
    Get in behind it hit it's legs I'm getting invested, he's 4 blood vials left
    this is going on 10 minutes now
    he's down to his last blood vial, no health left but beast is weak
    can't be happening, both our hearts hammering
    puts it down, the greatest game stuff I ever watched, he had to log off to calm down

• Advertisement

have 99 insight now

Advertisement