Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I have to start a new run of this as I uninstalled it last time to make space for something else.
    I was a good bit into the game if I remember correctly (Byrgenwerth I think, and I had killed the 3 witches ...shadows of Yarnham)

I think at the time I was using either Kirkhammer or Ludwigs Holy Blade.

What is generally considered the best weapon to go through the game with ?
    (I understand preferences etc, I've completed all 3 souls games multiple times and know everyone is different)

I just want the path of least resistance to get this game cleared from my backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I have to start a new run of this as I uninstalled it last time to make space for something else.
    I was a good bit into the game if I remember correctly (Byrgenwerth I think, and I had killed the 3 witches ...shadows of Yarnham)

I think at the time I was using either Kirkhammer or Ludwigs Holy Blade.

What is generally considered the best weapon to go through the game with ?
    (I understand preferences etc, I've completed all 3 souls games multiple times and know everyone is different)

I just want the path of least resistance to get this game cleared from my backlog

Best starting weapon is the saw cleaver, fast and good damage. It can be used for the entire game without any issue.

Same can be said about any weapon but the cleaver is just a great all rounder, where the cane moveset will let you down on some bosses. And the Axe is just slow and boring :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I picked the axe and love it. It's got some cheesy moves and a lot of the enemies are resistant to blunt damage, which is a lot of what it does but still love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Loving the axe, but also switch to the hammer now and again. Stuck on the optional boss, Y in the Nightmare Frontier, she’s resistant against blunt but weak against fire so my hammer is coming into play but taking quite a beating there. Might need to invest in some health, only 20 so a hit or two and I’m gone every time, might also look to getting the cleaver just for her...

Beat Shadow of Yarnham twice yesterday what I try and do is co-op a boss the first time and then try it in my own game world although I solod Amygadala by mistake, got lost after that battle and wandered round for ages. Think I'm back on track now.
    Having so much insight is a mistake when you're hit by frenzy which is my new least favourite thing in the game usurping traps.
    Running around a level 3 dungeon yesterday and there was a noticeable spike in difficulty. Hoping that's because I was in co-op.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Unicrons Dad

2 question about summoning people you know

1.whats the level range ? Example if im level 60 what does my friend have to be within
    2. Can you summon players into areas they havent completed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ugh, the pain of going from the joy of the Lady Maria fight to those poxy Street Sharks and then the Orphan fight. Nighmare of Mensis is a cakewalk in comparison now. :o

Not sure about level. I'm in the league and have noticed large differences in boss difficulty when I'm summoned, and not only bosses, sine enemies in the forest that are a one shot kill suddenly need two or three hits...

gizmo wrote: »
    Ugh, the pain of going from the joy of the Lady Maria fight to those poxy Street Sharks and then the Orphan fight. Nighmare of Mensis is a cakewalk in comparison now. :o

I'm on my second playthrough and theres no way am i gonna fight Orphan again.

He's an absolute nuisance and his second form is borderline cheap imo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'm on my second playthrough and theres no way am i gonna fight Orphan again.

He's an absolute nuisance and his second form is borderline cheap imo

Orphan was an absolute nightmare first time around, have NO desire to fight him again.

• Advertisement

He's great, hes one of the few bosses left that still get my blood pumping..

Only others that stand to mind are Ludwig and the beast bosses from the chalice dungeons.. Everybody else im calm on and its rare id die.. depends on the build i guess :pac:

Just found the Gatling gun, looking forward to trying that out later.

And just beyond it my new favourite weapon, just need some gems now to power it up fully.

Taltos wrote: »
    And just beyond it my new favourite weapon, just need some gems now to power it up fully.

The amygdala arm? Its charged transformed R2 is redic :pac:

I put off trying it for so long, it was one of the last weapons i tried out on a build.

Yup that's the one. Need to go get some chunks already ;)
    Missed that whole section my first time through ages beech. Enjoying the benefits of the league though, nice way to farm and explore kind of safely

2 question about summoning people you know

1.whats the level range ? Example if im level 60 what does my friend have to be within
    2. Can you summon players into areas they havent completed ?

pretty sure if you join up with friends via a password that level is not taken into account. there's a calculator somewhere in this thread (or it may be reddit) which tells you level required with randoms. Should be able to google it.
    I thought that orphan dude was in the dlc I don't want to bumble into him with a lot of blood echoes.
    I'm in the Cainhurst? Castle but unsure what bosses are here.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    pretty sure if you join up with friends via a password that level is not taken into account. there's a calculator somewhere in this thread (or it may be reddit) which tells you level required with randoms. Should be able to google it.
    I thought that orphan dude was in the dlc I don't want to bumble into him with a lot of blood echoes.
    I'm in the Cainhurst? Castle but unsure what bosses are here.

Just the one boss in Cainhurst, enjoy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

nix wrote: »
    Just the one boss in Cainhurst, enjoy ;)
    ...and good luck! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I'm on NG++ and had no idea there was a gattling gun. Went and grabbed that and the Amygdallan Arm last night.
    I was kind of running out of steam until I realised I'm only 3 trophies away from the Plat trophy, so I'm back at it with new found vigour.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

Do most people here co-op with friends via the password thing or call randomers? I never really seem to manage to get anyone to help me out. I really only find anyone in the DLC, and usually it's me ending up helping them so I can get some extra echoes.

• Advertisement

I've started bowing to the doll before I log off?

What you mean log off??? ;)
    Hotel California matey it is

first real road block this weekend. the undead giant lvl 3 chalice dungeon. mfkr couldn't get past. youtubed it and the video I watched ended with the guy throwing his disc out the window and screaming at the sky, this wasn't encouraging but I'd learned enough to know it's a war of attrition. stayed behind to get other guys through and went 5-0 fu giant.
    So confident I only waited 15 minutes for a co-op partner before I walked into martyr logorius' domain, solo. one time!
    my axe is sharp, where to next?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

first real road block this weekend. the undead giant lvl 3 chalice dungeon. mfkr couldn't get past. youtubed it and the video I watched ended with the guy throwing his disc out the window and screaming at the sky, this wasn't encouraging but I'd learned enough to know it's a war of attrition. stayed behind to get other guys through and went 5-0 fu giant.
    So confident I only waited 15 minutes for a co-op partner before I walked into martyr logorius' domain, solo. one time!
    my axe is sharp, where to next?

That the guy that has a chain on his back that he can whip around?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That the guy that has a chain on his back that he can whip around?

Yup
    Was playing on my brother's game and thought it was because I was under levelled, came home and nope, he's just a massive douche. Once I got his number he was easy but Jesus.

just spent a few hours waiting at Father Gascoigne, reckon it can turn a lot of players off. Got 5 or 6 of them through, felt good. Left a message at the gate. "No mercy for men" Later on realised I sounded like a really passive aggressive feminist

Yup
    Was playing on my brother's game and thought it was because I was under levelled, came home and nope, he's just a massive douche. Once I got his number he was easy but Jesus.

I got him on my third or fourth go. I found it difficult to tell when he was going to chain whip which caused massive damage.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I got him on my third or fourth go. I found it difficult to tell when he was going to chain whip which caused massive damage.

he has a huge recovery delay from the chain whip, easily enough time to run in R2 him, run off and wait

he has a huge recovery delay from the chain whip, easily enough time to run in R2 him, run off and wait

That's the only time I actually hit him :pac:

• Advertisement

Rom the vacum spider is no more, pretty easy tbh. Died once got in a co-op and pffffft. BL 122 may go to 125 but no longer care feel pretty much invincible.

Advertisement