Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

I think he's grand once you have the patience to kill the spiderlings.
    For me the trouble starts if he beats me and I don't have the patience to kill them all again, so I just get caught up in the vicious cycle of running in with a hot head and swinging the sword

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Rom the vacum spider is no more, pretty easy tbh. Died once got in a co-op and pffffft. BL 122 may go to 125 but no longer care feel pretty much invincible.

I think Rom has a recommended level of 50-65 tbh :P
    I think he's grand once you have the patience to kill the spiderlings.
    For me the trouble starts if he beats me and I don't have the patience to kill them all again, so I just get caught up in the vicious cycle of running in with a hot head and swinging the sword

I ignore his spider buddies and spank his butt with Tonitrus and it usually does the job

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Knocking out 6 or 8 of the spiders usually gives you enough room to manuover without the effort of killing them all

Thankfully Rom spiders don't trigger my Arachnophobia the way the ones later on do.

I ignore his spider buddies and spank his butt with Tonitrus and it usually does the job

I wish the tonitrus had a higher durability. Such a good weapon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

stop, I'm amazing haven't needed you once
    BL is all grand and well until you come up against a ****

I wish the tonitrus had a higher durability. Such a good weapon

True, but a bit boring to use too.

It's never boring when it can crap out on you at any second :)

I'm trying to get my arcane up at the moment so I have a proper moonlight blade. Now thats a fun weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Rom the vacum spider is no more, pretty easy tbh. Died once got in a co-op and pffffft. BL 122 may go to 125 but no longer care feel pretty much invincible.

You do realise when you get a co-op in you're "co-oping out" and not really defeating the boss? :pac::rolleyes::p

nix wrote: »
    You do realise when you get a co-op in you're "co-oping out" and not really defeating the boss? :pac::rolleyes::p

meh, still having fun
    game's hard enough fcuk it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Any tips for Maria?
    Getting her to 50%, but her phase 2 is killing me

Don't say stagger...

If there was ever a boss to pistol into submission it's Maria , i think it actually took that far into the main game and DLC for it to gel with me.

I have heard Maria's one of the harder ones but I'm not there yet so haven't really researched her. There's a couple I think I'm going to have difficulty with in the defiled chalice dungeons, the flamey dog in particular may be beyond me.
    Co-op certainly makes it a lot easier I'm glad the option's there. I just can't handle dying 30 or 40 times to a one hit kill I should have seen coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Taltos wrote: »
    Any tips for Maria?
    Getting her to 50%, but her phase 2 is killing me

Don't say stagger...

Just get the time of her attacks down and do a diagonal dodge behind or to her side and windmill in, and leave enough stam to dodge out to recoup. Her attack set is telegraphed in phase 2 but if they connect, you're in trouble.

Failing that, learn to parry ;)

Cheers all, really enjoying all the extra exploring this time around, up to level 16 in the League so far, amazed at the scores of some of the folk in there, but I think I’ve put my exp too high as a result for a first play through, ah well :)

What's the league?
    Just watching something on rumours of BB2. Putting this on PS+ could be a master stroke. I've gone from never playing it to scouring the interweb for the sequel. Will certainly get the DLC for BB.

Ah the league...
    You'll meet a dodgy guy with a bucket on his head in the forbidden forest at the first lift...
    take him up on his offer
    League has many benefits around bosses....

I've met him and pretty sure I agreed to join but wasn't really paying attention. FFS I'll need to look into this :)

Vermin... ;)

I watch so much of this on YT it could be considered cheating, so when I accidentally stumbled upon the bloody crow of cainhurst I naturally turned round and started to run for the lamp. Unfortunately I'd been drinking, my step slowed and I turned around.
    This was the fight that would beat me, I knew but I kept moving forward.
    Walking up the steps to the chapel my heart was racing , I don't know why because I knew I'd fail. I've seen Youtubers fall apart at this fight.

Got a visceral in early on, I've little BT and he healed anyway but my heart had soared.
    Fight was going really well and then he took all my health in one combo (all but 1%) I heal, we circle each other. I now feel this inanimate cartoon respects me. The battle continues but now I know I'm going to win. Even so when I do it's a surprise and I'm hugely happy.

In the chapel and get brought into an Amelia Vicar fight having forgotten I'd rung the resonant bell earlier. 4 blood vials left but no matter, my new found confidence was all I needed.

Been going slow and am OP probably but I'm actually starting to think I may see the end of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I watch so much of this on YT it could be considered cheating, so when I accidentally stumbled upon the bloody crow of cainhurst I naturally turned round and started to run for the lamp. Unfortunately I'd been drinking, my step slowed and I turned around.
    Walking up the steps to the chapel my heart was racing , I don't know why because I knew I'd fail. I've seen Youtubers fall apart at this fight.

Got a visceral in early on, I've little BT and he healed anyway but my heart had soared.
    Fight was going really well and then he took all my health in one combo (all but 1%) I heal, we circle each other. I now feel this inanimate cartoon respects me. The battle continues but now I know I'm going to win. Even so when I do it's a surprise and I'm hugely happy.

In the chapel and get brought into an Amelia Vicar fight having forgotten I'd rung the resonant bell earlier. 4 blood vials left but no matter, my new found confidence was all I needed.

Been going slow and am OP probably but I'm actually starting to think I may see the end of this.

Have you watched the IGN guys play Bloodborne on Prepare to Try?

It's well worth a watch.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Have you watched the IGN guys play Bloodborne on Prepare to Try?

It's well worth a watch.

nope but ty I will

just killed another boss I want so say "no land beyond" but that's a gun in Destiny. It got puked out of a moon and then axey time,
    This game may turn me into a (lol I was going to say cucumber and had to google "Canadian woodcutter" to get) lumberjack. No idea where cucumber comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Well done on bloody crow. The chaps an animal. Probably the toughest in the game. Managed it meself on me third playthrough. So happy when it was done. Second one I fought
    Eileen there, which is an alternative end to her quest

Second IGN Prepare to Try series. The only let's plays I've watched and I've watched the three series of souls and Bloodborne. Very entertaining.

thing I love is helping people, must have done 20-25 boss fights tonight, died once, failed maybe 5 times but more often than not IWASAWESOME
    just finished Amygedlya, co-operator died straight off. me and beckoner fought for a good ten minutes, used 20 blood vials.
    I've waited on steps of gascoigne, the shadows, the witches, martyr logurius, vicar, bsb, all night just waiting and loving it.
    I'm at BL 127 and this is where I end I reckon

fuk think I forgot to eat today

See for a little while there I was ahead of you... ;)
    My level is too high right now, being summoned to NG+, not much use there to the summoners as I die too fast or my weapon does too little damage. Did manage to help with the witches again, seem to have a better change of being summoned to a standard level game there, but the forgotten and others just bring me in too high due to stats.

Might just have to buckle down and try to solo Maria again later.

initially I thought every game I was being summoned into was an NG+. The one game I died in yesterday must have been NG+ Got summoned in went to kill a normal enemy and he just turned round and splattered me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I love the Maria fight. One of the best. Shockingly, I died more to Living Failures than Maria. I don't know how that's possible but it happened. Enjoy the fight. Take it slow and learn the timings, you'll soon best her. Do people actually summon for Witches of Hemwick?

Gimli you should keep an eye on the PS store. The Old Hunters goes on sale there a lot. I picked it up for €10. You might look at Souls games differently now with your Bloodborne experience. DS3 is fast paced like BB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I love the Maria fight. One of the best. Shockingly, I died more to Living Failures than Maria. I don't know how that's possible but it happened. Enjoy the fight. Take it slow and learn the timings, you'll soon best her. Do people actually summon for Witches of Hemwick?

Gimli you should keep an eye on the PS store. The Old Hunters goes on sale there a lot. I picked it up for €10. You might look at Souls games differently now with your Bloodborne experience. DS3 is fast paced like BB.

The Witches are very easy, I don't think you'd need to summon for them.

Advertisement