Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The Witches are very easy, I don't think you'd need to summon for them.

That's with I thought but Taltos and Gimli both said they helped people with them. Was surprised as didn't think anyone would need help for them. Easiest Boss in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Witches is very easy, only time I ever had trouble with it was when I was helping someone. Got locked by the witch with three of the wraiths closing in, lot of screaming and button mashing but I got out of it.

I'll definitely pickup the dlc and DS3

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Yup, seem to find I get summoned the most when I’m in the forest, and try to keep an eye on the summoner with the witches in case they get overwhelmed. I normally concentrate on the fireball one, after that its a general clean up.
    Not getting any summons in Byrd, but quite a few for the forgotten ones, though at this stage mainly from NG+, same with the Simmons in the forest just now too - NG+

Got Maria at last, touch and go there for a bit. Now enjoying the lovely seaside village

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I fought the the Witches on my latest playthrough with no insight so that there were no Wraiths. Laughably easy, but still got hit once :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Taltos wrote:
    Got Maria at last, touch and go there for a bit. Now enjoying the lovely seaside village
    The beginning of that area makes me itch. Damn Trypophobia.

Got into Nightmare of Mensis last night, lots of new and frightening monsters, getting frenzied from somewhere, sinister bell draws in an adversary, too much going on couldn't handle it.

I'm starting to get the apathy people have for the chalice dungeons, boss fights are grand but the rest of it is quite dull. Probably get round to the depth 4 dungeons this week. Only real problem was the Undead Giant, fought the mindsucker yesterday which I had a hard time with until I didn't. Sometimes it's just a matter of changing your weapon with R1 L1 (Jesus, it's this kind of stuff that gets me killed).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got into Nightmare of Mensis last night, lots of new and frightening monsters, getting frenzied from somewhere, sinister bell draws in an adversary, too much going on couldn't handle it.

I'm starting to get the apathy people have for the chalice dungeons, boss fights are grand but the rest of it is quite dull. Probably get round to the depth 4 dungeons this week. Only real problem was the Undead Giant, fought the mindsucker yesterday which I had a hard time with until I didn't. Sometimes it's just a matter of changing your weapon with R1 L1 (Jesus, it's this kind of stuff that gets me killed).

To quote the message i left in game "Use Scenery"

Use the mounds to avoid the frenzy stares. My advice would be to make a break for the cathedral across the bridge.

Ok I'm just going to come out and say it. I don't think the game is that hard. In its defence I had been expecting something much tougher, have probably been OP due the way I approached it and co-opped through some bosses. I still don't fully understand why you need to stop levelling up but as I like the co-op piece I've stopped at a rather sturdy 127. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I had found it a lot harder.

There are a few bosses left that I fear, such as the dog in the defiled chalice, the nurse and just about all the dlc ones but so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ok I'm just going to come out and say it. I don't think the game is that hard. In its defence I had been expecting something much tougher, have probably been OP due the way I approached it and co-opped through some bosses. I still don't fully understand why you need to stop levelling up but as I like the co-op piece I've stopped at a rather sturdy 127. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I had found it a lot harder.

There are a few bosses left that I fear, such as the dog in the defiled chalice, the nurse and just about all the dlc ones but so far so good.

Well when you co-op, you're not truly playing the game in my opinion, you're being carried, you may aswell be handing the joypad to someone else and claiming victory.. I'm not trying to be an ass to you here, I'm just sharing my views on anybody who co-ops.. especially on their first play through..

Also doing your homework on bosses and watching vids prior to fighting them, is another cop out. Most people who play soulsborne, go in blind and alone and that in my opinion is the only way to play these games..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Go fight the Orphan and come back to us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Generally, people finish the game somewhere between level 80-95.

So being level 127, you should be able to obliterate the base game, mostly.

There's a few DLC bosses that should put some manners on you though!

Yeah 120-125 is the level people stop at for end game PVPing, as going higher, you're reducing your chances for invading etc

This is a handy tool for checking levels for co-op/invading, https://mpql.net/tools/bloodborne/

Vicxas wrote: »
    Go fight the Orphan and come back to us :P

Ah orphan isn't that bad. Took a few attempts but managed to destroy him in NG++. Lawrence on the other hand. Still can't beat him solo or with NPC summons. Only by summoning another person could I beat him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I had way more trouble with Orphan, far and away the toughest boss in the game for me (not tried most of the chalice dungeon bosses though). Lawrence hits extremely hard but I found his attack pattern easier to predict and telegraph and I was hardly hit at all when I beat him. Orphan is just insane jumping everywhere. Woke the hosuemates up shouting 'why won't you die!' when he was on a sliver of health but I couldn't get the killing blows in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vicxas wrote: »
    To quote the message i left in game "Use Scenery"

Use the mounds to avoid the frenzy stares. My advice would be to make a break for the cathedral across the bridge.

Yup use the terrain to break LOS to the tower. I went right first though.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I had way more trouble with Orphan, far and away the toughest boss in the game for me (not tried most of the chalice dungeon bosses though). Lawrence hits extremely hard but I found his attack pattern easier to predict and telegraph and I was hardly hit at all when I beat him. Orphan is just insane jumping everywhere. Woke the hosuemates up shouting 'why won't you die!' when he was on a sliver of health but I couldn't get the killing blows in :D

That's the beauty of these games right there. Everybody's experience is different. I was dreading Orphan, well not dreading but was very anxious due to him being considered by most as the hardest (not just in BB but the series as a whole though I think Midir and Gael might have taken that crown now). I was even more anxious due to my experience with Lawrence. I still died to Orphan. A lot. But managed to solo him a couple of times now. And while Lawrence is a reskinned Cleric Beast the fire AOE just destroys me. I have never been able to figure out the patterns. And then when I have got him down to his final form he just obliterates me and that's supposed to be the easy part!

Think I got to Depth 5 chalice dungeon and Watchdogs destroyed me there. Fire again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

And that One Reborn, man that guy is a dick, gives me trouble every single run

Got as far as beating the BSB before Overwatch took my attention again but I'll have to go back and hopeully finish the DLC this time too.

Planning a full playthrough of the 5 games shortly

Hidetaka Miyasaka fascinates me. As far as I can tell he lived a totally ordinary life, until one day he woke up and thought "I think, I'll become a god"

Got Alone to half health but once he transformed I was done for.
    Performed even worse when I summoned someone to help, that was a disaster...

• Advertisement

just beat it.......................
    it's
    it is
    the best game I've ever played
    thank you hidetaka

i'm in the garden
    listening to iron maiden's phantom of the opera
    greatest day of my life
    headbanging

purchased the dlc last night, I'm playing with my 127 character, am I in NG+ ? Can no longer help at bosses, need to go through it all again, oh joy.
    If I start a new build what should I try? I went with strength and the hunter's axe last time. I found several blood rocks last night somehow.

Theres only like 2 or 3 blood rocks in the game, rest need to be purchased with insight. There are plenty of builds to do in the game, best advice is to look through the weapons and pick the one you want to use and then build towards it.

Or let us know here and ill help you out.

Also there no harm in rolling a new character if you dont want to tackle everything again in NG, id advise doing the dlc in normal first also before NG.

I've rerolled countless characters, its great trying new builds, and you get more efficient and quicker at clearing the content.

I'm thinking of a bloodtinge build, I've seen some online destroy bosses, only thing is I'm terrible at parrying. The axe made everything very easy, couldn't move away from it. Tried the kirkhammer but went back to the axe pretty quick. Used the cleaver a little but other than that I relied totally on the axe.
    I probably bought some rocks with insight I was nearing max insight last night again.
    Got stuck on the BSB in the Loren Chalice last night, if I found that tough I've no chance in the defiled dungeons.

Did you get the true ending ;)

Nope couldn't find the umbilical cords. The child in Church Ward never turned up nor did the patient in the upper clinic.
    I co-opped for Gerwin though in my defence I had him down to a sliver of health when he killed me. I feel kind of bad about that but my death was utter bs.
    Actually don't remember beating the nurse in Menisis, was she optional? As my earlier posts will attest I kind of drank a lot while finishing it.

Got it the first time around. This time only have the one but seeing so much more, back in mensies right now hate that light so much.

Also was resonating belling bosses last night and had a horrible time trying to kill Rom, he wasn't anywhere near as tough in my own playthrough. It feels like I'm getting put into ng+ games now when I co-op.

• Advertisement

Bloodtinge builds are fun, they dont work as you would think though, you dont go around shooting everything to do damage, shooting things will always do crappy damage compared to beating on stuff.

There are 3 weapons of worth for a bloodtinge build, and are all very end game obtained, 2 are from the end of the DLC (Bowblade and bloodletter) and the other you can get after cainhurst castle (Chikage).

Chikage bloodtinge damage is when you use the r2 trigger, you will start doing more damage but your health will gradually decrease, you would raise skill along with bloodtinge for this weapon.

The bowblade has a great moveset and its R2 turns the blade into a bow which does decent damage, wont be using this function for parrying. you would also raise skill for this weapon.

The bloodletter does crazy damage when you transform it, you stab yourself with it everytime you transform it though which takes like 1/4 of your health, very manageable though, you would raise strength along with bloodtinge.

A good weapon to use until you obtain these weapons is the saw cleaver, and i would advise leveling skill/strength up to the softcap (25) and also looking after your hp/stam also before leveling bloodtinge as leveling it prior to getting the weapons would be pretty useless.

If you prefer the heavy hitting weapons (strength) i would advise using Ludwigs holy blade for the early game, i never took to it but i didnt take to the hunter axe either and ludwigs blade is apparently one of the the strongest weapons in the game, if you go this route raise strength to 25 instead of skill. They both have the same scaling with ludwigs but you will have to raise strength to 16 to use it so best to just make that your softcap choice.

Advertisement