Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Sounds like the hype is real! Some excellent reviews coming in from all sides.

Never got that feeling I got with Demons Souls when I played it for the first time, when I played Dark Souls. Even though it was excellent and in some cases better than Demons I guess the familiarity with the series just lead to Dark Souls having less of an impact. Sounds like they have changed Bloodborne up just enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

tyrion1234 wrote: »
    Anyone know where the cheapest place is to get a physical copy?
    Smyths 64.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just watched the review from GameTrailers.
    Looks like it's the first proper must have game on the PS4.
    Hopefully they fix the loading times though. I die a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm hoping argos does the usual 59 quid odd for a new release. Otherwise it'll be symths.

• tok9 wrote: »
    I loaded up the title screen. It was amazing. Join the hype.

On a serious note, have you played the likes of Dark/Demon Souls because if you have you should have a pretty good idea on the quality/style of the game

Haven't even played much of the other bloody game you made me buy!! :eek:

I played Dark Souls on x360 when it was free for gold members.

I really enjoyed it up until the point of some cavern bit with loads of wooden planks and annoying insects...then I rage quit.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I really enjoyed it up until the point of some cavern bit with loads of wooden planks and annoying insects...then I rage quit.

You can actually skip most of that bit :pac:

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can actually skip most of that bit :pac:

Please do tell me! I remember spending about 4 hours dying then said **** this ****

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

Blight Town! :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Please do tell me! I remember spending about 4 hours dying then said **** this ****

Just look up Blight Town shortcut on youtube and you should see it. I'd advise just looking at a guide and doing the area properly though, i seem to remember there being some decent gear knocking around in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I take it reinstalling it fixed the timer then? I'm getting the EU timer even on my US account, but people on Neogaf are saying a reinstall works. Just don't want to download another 31gb if it won't work..

Ya it did. It installed 5GB initially.. I started it on my US account to be sure it would start. Then I switched to my EU account, started it again and it was all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm hoping argos does the usual 59 quid odd for a new release. Otherwise it'll be symths.

I don't think you'll be alone in that. :pac:

I should go into marketing.

Ya that area is an absolute pain.. not only is it tough but the damn framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Just dot it downloading it now for the American store, loved the souls games but usually play as a shield/defenc. Kinda worried that it will take some time to change my play style but excited

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Having not played dark or demon souls I'm currently finding this game hard.

When you die alot you dont want long loading times. Must learn to not die so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

boiledeggs wrote: »
    loved the souls games but usually play as a shield/defenc. Kinda worried that it will take some time to change my play style but excited

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

irishmover wrote: »
    Having not played dark or demon souls I'm currently finding this game hard.

When you die alot you dont want long loading times. Must learn to not die so much...

I believe a patch is in the works re the loading times.

Just look up Blight Town shortcut on youtube and you should see it. I'd advise just looking at a guide and doing the area properly though, i seem to remember there being some decent gear knocking around in the area.

Cheers, but it's one of those games where if I have left it for months and suddenly pick it back up I will just struggle even more so than when I did when I rage quit :pac:

The coop mode in Bloodbourne is what has me intrigued. At least then there's somebody who can assist you with the multiple assholes I'm guessing your going to have to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

**** I'm so jelly right now. But I'm gonna hold off till the EU release. Guess I'll play something else in the meantime like boorrrin' Bioshock Infinite.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

**** I'm so jelly right now. But I'm gonna hold off till the EU release. Guess I'll play something else in the meantime like boorrrin' Bioshock Infinite.

I won't hear anything bad against the absolute genius that is Infinite (and its DLC).

Cheers, but it's one of those games where if I have left it for months and suddenly pick it back up I will just struggle even more so than when I did when I rage quit :pac:

The coop mode in Bloodbourne is what has me intrigued. At least then there's somebody who can assist you with the multiple assholes I'm guessing your going to have to fight.

There's co-op in the other games too but it's deliberately designed to make you do it with randomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Can't wait to pick this up on Friday! I've even bought a new TV in anticipation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Cheers for the reviews.

Jeers to having to wait until Friday.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

So.... Here's a question.

On a scale of 1-"FFS man, you're an idiot", how screwed will I be should I want to play Bloodborne without having touched any of the 'Souls' games?

I await your answers gentlemen and gentleladies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm glad it's out on Friday - means I'll have some time to play it as film festival week will be drawing to a close then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Great to see the glowing reviews the game has garnered, although I still would of picked up the game regardless.

That_Guy wrote: »

On a scale of 1-"FFS man, you're an idiot", how screwed will I be should I want to play Bloodborne without having touched any of the 'Souls' games?

You'll be grand if the other games are anything to go by, they're not really that difficult once you adjust, you just can't approach them in the way you do most games these days. Plus if you like it you will have the other 3 games to look forward to which are three of the best games I've ever played.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That_Guy wrote: »

You'll be screwed anyway but that's part of the fun, we all started from there. Really the difficulty of these games is blown way out of proportion with any game these days that actually challenges the player being labelled a ball buster. They're tough but fair and manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Screw waiting until Friday, I'm marching down to Gamestop tomorrow and demanding my copy.

142720725318965?82932

There's co-op in the other games too but it's deliberately designed to make you do it with randomers.

Isn't this coop in Bloodbourne party style though? Coop with random people can be a pain but still a good option to have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Gamecentral argued in their review that Bloodborne is actually less intimidating for newcomers in many ways, without impacting the challenge the 'series' is known for. Again, patience will almost always see you through a From game of this ilk, and no series has ever had so many thoughtfully considered systems to take advantage and utilise to see you through to the end credits :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Have to pick this up when my wallet allows. As a previous Souls player who used heavy armour, sword and huge shield, I was skeptical to hear about the lack of shields in this but found this rather funny.

Someone found just 1
    (rather useless) shield in the whole game and the description basically sums up the devs thoughts on shields for this:

"Shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity"

Advertisement