Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bloodborne, Planetside 2, Hotline Miami 2.... Time for you to shine, PS4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As a veteran of all three Souls games what I'm most excited about is that they have mixed up the combat so significantly here. That everybody is so familiar with the basic mechanics meant each subsequent entry was considerably more 'welcoming' - the real fun is in learning the rules in the first place!

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You'll be screwed anyway but that's part of the fun, we all started from there. Really the difficulty of these games is blown way out of proportion with any game these days that actually challenges the player being labelled a ball buster. They're tough but fair and manageable.

Its difficulty can be compared to God Hand IMO

Very tough but never cheap

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Buying a console for one game (that i'm currently interested in) would be stupid...but damn i really want this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Very tough but never cheap

Like bullet hell shooters!

dodonpachi.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Kiith wrote: »
    Buying a console for one game (that i'm currently interested in) would be stupid...but damn i really want this.

But the PS4 will also play Bloodborne 2 & 3 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just saw the boss fight against
    father gascoigne
    looks really tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I feel naked without a shield..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I feel naked without a shield..

Thats the point sure. Encourage a different play style.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was looking at a let's play of this on YouTube at lunch time. I don't normally go for games like it but it looked great.
    Kinda wish I had a PS4 now :(

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Was looking at a let's play of this on YouTube at lunch time. I don't normally go for games like it but it looked great.
    Kinda wish I had a PS4 now :(

Buy the Dark Souls 2 remaster that's coming out on the One soon, I'll probably pick it up when it goes on sale as I never played the DLC, not quite as good as the first but still brilliant.

I think next Christmas I'll be commandeering the brother's PS4 for this much like I did with Demon's Souls a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

That_Guy wrote: »
    So.... Here's a question.

On a scale of 1-"FFS man, you're an idiot", how screwed will I be should I want to play Bloodborne without having touched any of the 'Souls' games?

I await your answers gentlemen and gentleladies.
    You'll be grand. Just take your time to learn the mechanics, maybe look up the odd guide when getting started and be prepared to die a bit and all the frustrations that entails.

They're hard games, but some fans seem to want to make them out to be uber obtuse in some sort of a bizarre attempt to scare off newcomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Reviews are great. I'm not sure why I had any doubt but I didn't expect it to be so highly praised. If sounds every bit on par with the best the souls had to offer and you can't ask for more than that.

Will the digital copy unlock at 00:01 on Friday does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Big Knox wrote: »
    Reviews are great. I'm not sure why I had any doubt but I didn't expect it to be so highly praised. If sounds every bit on par with the best the souls had to offer and you can't ask for more than that.

Apparently some EU countries will get to play it tonight at midnight with a 25th release date. But the UK and i expect Ireland will have a 27th release date.

Big Knox wrote: »

It should do. If you have it pre-downloaded, select the game to view the countdown. If you stay on the countdown screen, the game will magically launch at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

It should do. If you have it pre-downloaded, select the game to view the countdown. If you stay on the countdown screen, the game will magically launch at midnight.

Yeah pre ordered it just now in the hopes we got the EU release date. Sadly no. 2 days and 7 hours countdown timer on the game. Preload is available though.

What's the point in us joining the EU and the single currency it we get lumped in with the UK for Bloodbourne release date. I'm furious!!! Voting Sinn Fein next election!!!

Voting Sinn Fein next election!!!

Woah, woah now, don't say things you'll only regret! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Grayditch wrote: »
    Bloodborne, Planetside 2, Hotline Miami 2.... Time for you to shine, PS4.

Got an email last week about Planetside 2 looking for more people for a beta test.

I'd check that out if I was you pal.

That being said they've haven't chosen me yet.

I'm not the chosen one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Im really enjoying it bar the dying lol

There is small framerate slow down in the distance but it might have been my internet connection syncing with server as i was downloading in the background. So far the messages left are helpful. No trolling and there is plenty of surprises to troll with

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

father gascoigne
    looks really tough.

Took me about ten tries to beat it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ShaneU wrote: »

This streamer beat him in one go, made it look very easy.

http://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

This streamer beat him in one go, made it look very easy.

http://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

You're obviously sh!te, and should probably just give up.:pac:

That's not what I meant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

father gascoigne
    looks really tough.

Just bring him a chicken roll, a fishing rod and a couple of cans of lager.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Got an email last week about Planetside 2 looking for more people for a beta test.

I'd check that out if I was you pal.
    That being said they've haven't chosen me yet.
    I'm not the chosen one.

I've been playing the US Beta, it's class. Won't get a look in when this is out on Friday, though.

Good to see the dev team looking to speed up the loading process:

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/03/24/bloodborne-load-times-are-getting-patched?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Wonder why they never attempted to fix Blightown in DS1?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Is it too early to ask silly questions like where the hell do I level up?

I've 9000 souls to use. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Killed first boss
    big bird man thing
    . Really fun. Reminds me of experiencing phalanx for the first time in Demon Souls

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

tok9 wrote: »
    Is it too early to ask silly questions like where the hell do I level up?

I've 9000 souls to use. :pac:
    kill the first boss and go back to the hunter's dream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

kill the first boss and go back to the hunter's dream [\spoiler]

Your spoiler didnt work. Game is ruined for me now that I know there's more than one boss and you have to kill them :eek:

Advertisement